Worklog: Trashed 28 oct 2005

twitchee2 said:
Say like 500grit?

The finer the grit you use, the smoother the texture that will be created. Keep in mind that if you try one and it is too rough for you, you can sand out those gouges with even finer sandpaper...makes it harder to screw up.

i was thinking about that. So if i want to make it so you cant see through it, but you can see all the lights should i start with 500grit and move up from there or start even higher?

yeah all i did was use like 400 grit or something like that, you want it rough, so that the light does not shine through... but i am not using the frosted ones anymore, just the clear red and clear ones. oh, and i have an update!

as you can see the case is coming along quick now that i have everything in line and ready to assemble. i still dont know what hardware i want to put in it yet, but it is something i need to decide on, because i have to get measurements for the stuff to put it in. Also, bear with me because i just got a new camera...Canon A620, and i have not figured it all out yet, so if the pics arnt up to par, give me a few!

well i will let the pictures do the talking!
Picture945.jpg

Picture948.jpg

Picture949.jpg

Picture950.jpg

Picture951.jpg

Picture952.jpg

Picture953.jpg

Picture954.jpg

Picture955.jpg

Picture958.jpg

Picture965.jpg

Picture968.jpg

Picture970.jpg

Picture973.jpg

Picture974.jpg

continued... could not leave you with just a top pic!

Picture959.jpg

Picture960.jpg

Picture964.jpg

Picture983.jpg

Picture986.jpg

Picture987.jpg

Picture993.jpg

Picture992.jpg

can i get a "rock on"?

I'll give you another rock on!!!!! that really is looking great. I like the idea for the top of the case.

That looks sweet! You should mount a big plexi [H] on the side or something.

Vyger2002 said:
Absolutely amazing.

Never judge a trashcan by its cover!

Actually, in this case, I think it is pretty safe to judge the trash can by its cover. I mean it's (DANG IT, Whick one of those things is supposed to get the stupid apostrophe?) been anodized red, has had ports cut to house two 120mm fans, those holes have been nicely meshed in a clean black, and extra attachment points have been added to reduce vibration and to ensure it doesn't come off unexpectedly.

What else could you ask for in a trash can lid?

just make sure your guests don't throw their trash in there :D . Hah but seriously that's a badass piece of work, can't wait to see how your system looks installed in it.

uzor said:
Actually, in this case, I think it is pretty safe to judge the trash can by its cover. I mean it's (DANG IT, Whick one of those things is supposed to get the stupid apostrophe?) been anodized red, has had ports cut to house two 120mm fans, those holes have been nicely meshed in a clean black, and extra attachment points have been added to reduce vibration and to ensure it doesn't come off unexpectedly.

What else could you ask for in a trash can lid?

"Its" is a possessive word, used for sentences like "the dog is licking its testicles." "It's" is a short form for "It is," for sentences like "OMFG IT'S AN AUTOMATED BRANDING IRON THINGY ON A TRACKED CHASSIS WITH AN OVERCLOCKED PRESCOTT STUCK ON THE END, BURNING "INTEL INSIDE" ONTO THE BACK OF INNOCENT LITTLE KIDS!"

n00btard said:
"Its" is a possessive word, used for sentences like "the dog is licking its testicles." "It's" is a short form for "It is," for sentences like "OMFG IT'S AN AUTOMATED BRANDING IRON THINGY ON A TRACKED CHASSIS WITH AN OVERCLOCKED PRESCOTT STUCK ON THE END, BURNING "INTEL INSIDE" ONTO THE BACK OF INNOCENT LITTLE KIDS!"
Wow...where'd you think that up?

Wherever the pic are hosted, they ran out of bandwidth or got moved...

n00btard said:

lmao...that's great...and IT'S even right....I crack myself up... :p :D

Oh yeah, and Hal, it still looks badass! :cool:

thank you all very much! i have an update that i am waiting to post. i have some good stuff coming your way!

once again thank yous for all your words!

Skolar said:
Wow...where'd you think that up?

Wherever the pic are hosted, they ran out of bandwidth or got moved...

As for the dog, it just came off the top of my head. As for that branding iron, I was going to say "man with a branding iron..." but then I wouldn't be able to use "it's" in the sentence, so the branding iron ended up on a tracked chassis, like those botched explosive devices that the Germans tried to use to prevent Allied troops from advancing along the shore on D-Day. The Prescott part came from this joke circulating around about how so damn hot Prescotts were, so the OC'd Prescott branding iron came quickly to me.

=)

Hal,
Where did you find that mesh grill material? look in lowes and couldn't find anything like it, this thread makes me want to mod my case. :)

That is very much--how you say--Kick ass? Yes, it very kick ass.

What Cpu/Mobo/GPU/HDD are you using or did you already say? I may have missed it

amd ati FO SHO said:
Hal,
Where did you find that mesh grill material? look in lowes and couldn't find anything like it, this thread makes me want to mod my case. :)
hmm, the best by far is at this kick ass shop...MNPCTECH
that place has it all... top of the line gear. nothing sketchy there. super quality!

J_I_M_B_O said:
That is very much--how you say--Kick ass? Yes, it very kick ass.

What Cpu/Mobo/GPU/HDD are you using or did you already say? I may have missed it
umm, i have decided to just use my hardware that is in my current computer... which is in my sig for your enjoyment! haha. nothing crazy. just good enough.

Picture1066.jpg

Picture1047.jpg

Picture1034.jpg

Picture1029.jpg

Picture1024.jpg

Picture1022.jpg

Picture1016.jpg

Picture1017.jpg

Picture1019.jpg

Picture1020.jpg

Picture067.jpg

Picture066.jpg

oh and the gauges are getting there too! dont frieght
Picture050.jpg

lots of things still to do peps.

stay in tune! i have lots to show yous!

Hal said:
what the hell was that?
I'm not sure, but I think it was something like:
"Nice one. Good luck. Have fun."

C'mon, people. How hard is it to type out entire words?

:D Awesome work Hal!!!!! That is a very original idea for a case mod, and your execution of the idea looks amazing! Wish I had that much patience to do something like that. Can't wait to see what you build next after this project!

This is the most inovative case designs i have ever seen! way to go! I like it so much I may try a trash can mod and add my own ideas to it ! :p

Very nice case mod. I've seen similar trash can mods before, and I even wanted to attempt one myself someday, but never had the initiative to go through with it. Awesome work! :D

Back