Worklog: Trashed 28 oct 2005

Hal,
Would you mind, in the meantime, posting a list of the tools that you own or borrowed for such a job? I have a few neat things around the house, but I think we'd all benefit from hearing what you have and what you are using. Thanks in advance.

Interesting concept, and the fact you're working with a broken appendage definately makes you hardcore!

ScHpAnKy said:
Interesting concept, and the fact you're working with a broken appendage definately makes you hardcore!

No no no, its no longer referred to as "hardcore". The emo's got to it and now hardcore is called hXc <------ written just like that. No lie.

Hal you crippled bastard... no posts for a month.
How can you do this too us!
CA'MON
hurry up!

TehRoflcopter said:
I can't wait to see the finished product dude. You did some incredibly craftmanship just cutting the holes into the case and whatnot, so I can't wait to see what it looks like coated in candy apple red =D.

Should look sexalicious (new word, urban dictionary might have it already though)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sexalicious

cant wait for mroe updates as well :D ^_^

sfuller said:
Hal,
Would you mind, in the meantime, posting a list of the tools that you own or borrowed for such a job? I have a few neat things around the house, but I think we'd all benefit from hearing what you have and what you are using. Thanks in advance.
Sure! lets see, i really cant list everything, becuase there are so many times that i just used like a dinner bowl to trace something or something out of the kitchen or such to get it done! haha
well here is the list of my tools that i used so far:

dremel with all types of cut out disks and grinding stones
orbital jigsaw
scroll saw (with metal blades)
band saw (for cutting large acrylic with wood blade)
hammer (hehe)
metal snips
hand torch
tons of files! (big, small, needle use them all!)
weld on #4 acrylic cement
lots of clamps
drill press
hand drill
lots and lots of blue painters tape (for marking, cut prep, holding)

wow nice modding, you put so much work into it.. we recently got new carpets at our house so I was like :eek: when i saw you doing all that work on yours.. good job :cool:

Looking good! I wish I could find the time or ideas to put together a mod like this...

that is looking Great!, I wish I was as creative with tools and stuff as some of these people lol. :)

First off, I want to say “Thank you” to everyone who has helped me out so far with this project. However, I must be the bearer of some not so good news… all of my work in progress projects are currently on hold. There is nothing wrong with funds or anything, just there is a ton going on, and it would be a disservice to yous if I strung you along. It will only be a short sabbatical for me. As you know I have a few projects in the chamber and a few in the mag! It’s just that I am moving into a new house in a couple weeks and at the same time, my wife is due with our first born! So you can probably imagine, things are nuts in the household right now. Most of my tools and gear is packed already. Well at least in the house; I will have a modding workshop and no more modding on the carpet floor!!! Wooooo!

So, it’s just a small goodbye to modding for about a month or so. Everything WILL continue… I have put too much in, to just stop now! So, stay tuned to thread in a bit. I will be still active in the forums, but as I stated, I won’t be modding. Don’t worry; I will make it big next update!

I will leave you with a gander into the projects going so far… and a few not yet revealed!

Picture418.jpg

Picture030.jpg

And my inspiration to the new one…

70hcgr.jpg

cuda1.jpg

Omg… is that a SFF?

Picture081.jpg

Time will tell…. Take care, and rock on.

Congrats mate and thanks for that update very useful take your time heck I know Iwould :D

hehe... I know when my first cam a year ago my free time would drastically be different.... I was right. Hope you can make some time happen for some great projects you have going on. Keep the little one away from the wires and saws;)

Good luck with the little one. I guess sleep is taking a priority over modding now, can't blame you for that.

Can't wait to see the completion of this, but I guess I'll try. To wait, y'know. ;)

Dang I know what it feels like to have all your tools packed up. Good luck with the move and your first kid.

Omg i knew it. Fine i guess thats sorta more important then your mod... just a little bit tho :rolleyes:

for all of you still out there hoping that this project would come back....after much time away from my family at army schools, new house and new baby, i am back in the saddle! ready to get into it again! here is a small teaser for all of you... since you did not get to see it.... hint...... its red!

Picture893.jpg

Picture898.jpg

more very soon... i am currently doing an update as i type this!!!

rock on

So since you're military...I'm gonna assume that gun is real...

Looks gorgeous!

well, update! i will let the pictures do the talking and answer questions later!

Picture912.jpg

Picture913.jpg

Picture916.jpg

Picture917.jpg

Picture915.jpg

Picture920.jpg

Picture921.jpg

Picture924.jpg

Picture929.jpg

Picture931.jpg

Picture935.jpg

Picture939.jpg

until next time! just wait and see, its going to be moving along now!

I would never have thought that an idea this simple could become this cool!
Keep up the good work and give us lots of updates... often!

Hal said:
yeah, i agree, i should have taken my time. but i am glad i got to practice. so all is good. nothing to complain about. i am not pressed for time, and frankly i did not know how all this would pan out. now i know exactlly how it will look and go! thanks!

This thread is awesome!!!

twitchee2 said:
WOW me like.
Question:
How did you get all the acrylic frosted like that?

twitchee2 said:
AMAZING!!!!

How did you frost the acrlyic?

Was it really neccessary to write that last post? Since there was no update between your two posts it just seems Unecessary and disturbing!
I'm sure that he'll answer your question when he checks in on his thread.

Zox said:
Was it really neccessary to write that last post? Since there was no update between your two posts it just seems Unecessary and disturbing!
I'm sure that he'll answer your question when he checks in on his thread.

haha sorry i dont read the comment posts.

twitchee2 said:
AMAZING!!!!

How did you frost the acrlyic?

IIRC, it's something to the effect of fine grit orbital sanding on the back side of the acrylic sheet.

Back