[Worklog] Dell Optiplex 170L MOD

luisxd

Weaksauce
Just built a new PC for a friend so he handed me his old one, a stock Dell Optiplex 170L (Pentium 4, 2Gb DDR, 40GB Sata, 8600Gt). First i was going to make it an HTPC but since i currently don't have a case tough i could use this one, with a few modifications of course

The case seems really good and it's very sturdy, also it doesn't has a lot of holes and bays like other cases so it's like a plain sheet when it comes to modding
. Main problems on the case are cooling and cable management, so i'll be doing some holes for 120mm fans and also i'll try to remove to back panel to be able to route cables on the back of the motherboard tray. About paint i dont know yet, i think i'll figure it out on the way

Dell Optiplex 170L on all of it's glory

luisxd

Weaksauce
Update

Did 2x120mm holes on the bottom since the PSU goes above the motherboard. Also did the holes for the new feets screws.

Still don't know how/where to put this mesh, probably outside with with some epoxy glue

Did this one too, i think the most logical mod in any case
, it had already holes for a 92mm fan but it doesn't worked for me since i've only got 120mm fans. Also it was too close to the motherboard tray so it was kinda useless even for 92mm fans