Woot-off Midnight tonight?

They sell out because people want to move on to the next item. Until people stop buying them, Woot-Offs are going to suck.

Some people must truly be idiotic. To purchase something that isn't a good deal just so you can see the next item is something I truly can not believe or understand.

yeah they sell out. but rather slowly I might add.

While I'm sure woot would love for all of their items to sell instantly during a woot off, i doubt it is a huge concern. It's not like they are running out of time. The same uneducated people will be there 2 hours later to purchase the next item.

And by uneducated I will use the 8GB flash drive as an example. It was $19.99 shipped for 1. Or you could purchase a 16GB flash drive for $19.99 after a $20 rebate. You make the call.

Some people must truly be idiotic. To purchase something that isn't a good deal just so you can see the next item is something I truly can not believe or understand.

Don't be surprised if it happens though. Some people have too much money. Can you blame Woot for taking advantage of it?

While I'm sure woot would love for all of their items to sell instantly during a woot off, i doubt it is a huge concern. It's not like they are running out of time. The same uneducated people will be there 2 hours later to purchase the next item.

And by uneducated I will use the 8GB flash drive as an example. It was $19.99 shipped for 1. Or you could purchase a 16GB flash drive for $19.99 after a $20 rebate. You make the call.

You're assuming, of course, that people are actually buying the stuff at the rate woot.com seems to indicate it's being bought. I've seen items double-up ...stuff offered at 2AM then "sold out" is again offered @ 10 AM. I am guessing they artificially move that progress bar sometimes so people don't get too pissed-off that it's stuck on one item for too long.

They care if we get pissed off that an item gets stuck and not that because Woot-offs SUCK?

Don't be surprised if it happens though. Some people have too much money. Can you blame Woot for taking advantage of it?

Not blaming them at all. And I think you and I are on the same page. Until people stop buying this crap they will continue to sell crap.

You're assuming, of course, that people are actually buying the stuff at the rate woot.com seems to indicate it's being bought. I've seen items double-up ...stuff offered at 2AM then "sold out" is again offered @ 10 AM. I am guessing they artificially move that progress bar sometimes so people don't get too pissed-off that it's stuck on one item for too long.

I think the double up's are a result of peoples card being declined.

They sell 5000 items, and 5 % are declined transacations. Do you sit on 250 items or put them back up for a quick sale?

*The above numbers were just a guess for the purpose of an example*

Not blaming them at all. And I think you and I are on the same page. Until people stop buying this crap they will continue to sell crap.

I think the double up's are a result of peoples card being declined.

They sell 5000 items, and 5 % are declined transacations. Do you sit on 250 items or put them back up for a quick sale?

*The above numbers were just a guess for the purpose of an example*

If your card gets declined for a $7.99 USB wireless adapter, you have no business buying anything on woot.com. Or any .com.

damn, the mp3 player went fast, that would have made a great xmas gift to a kid

If your card gets declined for a $7.99 USB wireless adapter, you have no business buying anything on woot.com. Or any .com.

Just because a card is declined doesn't mean that it was because of lacks of funds. It could be an address issue, C2V issue,etc.

I have a wobbly desk...I might buy one of those wallets to stick under one of the legs.

db clay v3 Designer Silk Screen Wallet - Random
$4.99 + $5 shippin

I bit on 2 of those. Might keep one for myself depending on the design, but the other will bea good stocking stuffer. :)

dude, my card got declined so much it caused a ripple effect and locked my card when I made my last PC purchase. I bought things from 5 etailers (live cashback is better at diff. stores for each item) and tigerdirect rejected my card because my computer lagged for a sec online (best guess) so I resubmitted after checking my numbers, and it happened again. That sent a flag to my bank which froze my card, and failed 3 of the 4 other stores.

Im sitting on enough cash here (I won a medical suit, I bought my first 2 vehicles and 16 acres land and a second house all in cash till I ran that dry) so its notalways a cashflow problem, sometimes your bank says no and you have no say in the matter. Took 3 days to straighten all this shit out

Sharp 37” 720p LCD HDTV
$579.99 + $5 shipping

condition:
Refurbished
product:
1 Sharp LC37SH12U 37” 720p LCD HDTV

I can't wait to see the prices of a 32" LCD for my apartment come Black Friday... :)

What if you wear your wallet in the front pocket?

Nuts

--------------------------------------

Orion Stainless Steel Convection Outdoor Cooker
$89.99 + $5 shipping

Bleh. total woot killer. Glad I have missed nothing so far.

Haven't missed anything all year. If the item is halfway decent, it's likely a refurb.

HP Photosmart A616 Compact Photo Printer
$49.99 + $5 shipping

Gyration GyroTransport Air Mouse with 1GB USB Drive
$29.99 + $5 shippin

Is it me, or is this(last 5? lol) woofoff CRAP? I've had a seperate woot window open all damn day - for nothing!! AND when the BoC comes it'll just crash anyway!! why am I paying attention? lol vent

HP Premium Stereo Headset with Microphone
$2.99

+ $5 shipping

condition: New
product: 1 HP RF823AA Premium Stereo Headset with Microphone

Soundcast Audiocast Wireless Audio System
$49.99

+ $5 shipping

products: 1 Soundcast ACR212 Audiocast Wireless Audio Receiver
1 Soundcast ACT211 Audiocast Wireless Audio Transmitter

Saitek Rumble Force Gamepad
$3.99

+ $5 shipping

product: 1 Saitek P2500/J62 Rumble Force Gamepad

Prime Entertainment Disney Princess Movie Maker
$19.99 + $5 shipping

stupidest item yet.

damn, thaty usb thing was up for like 2 seconds, I wanted one of those

12 bucks for a usb wifi stick and extender cable aint bad

Silvelode Interactive Saga MMORTS Startet Set
$4.99 + $5 shipping

condition:
New
product:
1 Silvelode Interactive Saga Startet Set

Great a shitty game only the developers mom ever bought.

Back