Wolfenstein: Youngblood

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
I thought there was a way of redeeming these Nvidia promo codes even if you didn't have the required cards?...something about having the seller activate it somehow on his Steam account and then transferring etc
That might work in special cases (unless I'm missing something) but generally you can't transfer a key on Steam unless it was purchased as a gift? Maybe you can now, but that's what my admittedly fuzzy memory of it was. Maybe you can activate it into your inventory now or something.

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
Well, I wasn’t interested in the game because of the embarrassing acting, but now just for the whiz-bang-visual aspect, plus the fact that it’s a *cough* Wolfenstein game, I may have to grab it and an RTX card. (But really the RTX card is for Quake II)

Yeah...

I think I shall do so next month. Birthday time :D

polonyc2

Fully [H]
sounds like the RTX features in Youngblood are really impressive...new RTX showcase title?

Wolfenstein Youngblood - Ray Tracing/VRS/DLSS in id Tech 6 - A Next-Gen Features Showcase?

Comixbooks

Ignore Me
Soon as I find this game for cheap I'm going to play it again just so I can try out the Ray Tracing plus I didn't game the game a fair shake.

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
Don’t let RTX fool you, this game is garbage.
:D I'm actually grabbing a 2070 Super next week just for the hell of it. I plan to upgrade again before I play Cyberpunk, so this 2070S can go into one of the other PCs. (I trickle hardware throughout the house.) Probably into the living room PC. I'll spend more time with Quake II, Doom Eternal (when RTX support is ready) maybe Control, etc. but I'll probably grab this on sale and blast through it. It's still kinda Wolf(ish) and I can probably handle slumming it for a few hours just for the visuals. (like watching a crappy action movie or something) :D

Comixbooks

Ignore Me
:D I'm actually grabbing a 2070 Super next week just for the hell of it. I plan to upgrade again before I play Cyberpunk, so this 2070S can go into one of the other PCs. (I trickle hardware throughout the house.) Probably into the living room PC. I'll spend more time with Quake II, Doom Eternal (when RTX support is ready) maybe Control, etc. but I'll probably grab this on sale and blast through it. It's still kinda Wolf(ish) and I can probably handle slumming it for a few hours just for the visuals. (like watching a crappy action movie or something) :D
You know Cyperpunk is delayed untill Sep 16th many more months?

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
You know Cyperpunk is delayed untill Sep 16th many more months?
Yes, I'm aware of that. Which is why I plan to upgrade my card AGAIN before then. I just feel like playing around with some of the current RTX titles, and figured a 2070 Super would be good enough to muck about for now. I'll revisit that when Cyberpunk gets released. I'm also not worried about what Doom Eternal's RTX performance will be like because id Software knows what they're doing, and despite what appears to be a somewhat limited implementation, Youngblood looks pretty decent (visually and performance-wise) in the RTX videos. To be honest, in the meantime, I just want to give the Quake II RTX thing a play, and I'm looking forward to Atomic Heart if it ever actually sees the light of day.

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
is there any way to disable the voices and cut scenes on this game... it all looks okay until that starts to kick in, I don't see mods for the game, but maybe it's salvageable or is the gameplay also a turd salad?

Reactions: J3RK
like this

J3RK

[H]F Junkie
is there any way to disable the voices and cut scenes on this game... it all looks okay until that starts to kick in, I don't see mods for the game, but maybe it's salvageable or is the gameplay also a turd salad?
Hehehe, that's the only part that has kept me from getting this. The cut scenes on TNO and TOB were great. TNC was a noticeable step down in that department, but I LOVED the shooting on TNC. Youngblood looks absolutely horrible for dialog, but the shooting still looks half-decent. I'd love the same thing. Being able to skip or disable.