• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wolfenstein: The New Order

I haven't yet but I will add that to the test list, thanks!

edit: ok with vt compress off and v-sync off in the game then adaptive forced in the driver game profile things are better - but not perfect.
 
Last edited:
Right. The review sites gave it a hard time because of the engine and bugs and shit like that but the actual reviews and posts Ive read from people that bought the game have been pretty positive and most seem to really like it. Maybe kinda like Batman Origins which was buggy as hell but was such a great fucking game (IMO at least) that it was still worth buying.


I couldn't agree more. I picked up Arkham Origins like 6 months after release, on sale, and I thought the game actually very very good, at least almost as good as AC. I guess most bugs were addressed by then...
 
the game is fucking great... literally. uhm.. that nurse.. anyways. lol. The engine doesn't seem to like SLI but I am dealing with it.
 
the game is fucking great... literally. uhm.. that nurse.. anyways. lol. The engine doesn't seem to like SLI but I am dealing with it.

You might try running it with a single card. My 660Ti ran it at VSync with all options at high settings, (except AA which I don't use much, blur on a slightly lower mode, and texture compression on at 1080.) Which means one of your cards will do much better than that even. Worth a try anyway. You shouldn't have to do something like that, but it might actually yield less in the way of stutter or the like.
 
the game is fucking great... literally. uhm.. that nurse.. anyways. lol. The engine doesn't seem to like SLI but I am dealing with it.
The profile for the game in the drivers forces single GPU, so unless you forced AFR in the control panel the game is going to be running on only on card in SLI systems by default. I haven't tried this, but the game runs perfectly on just one GTX 780 anyway.
 
interesting... both cards show they are working (I watch the temps and usage on my G13 display all the time). This is on 3 display surround so the second card has to be doing something to get the display on the 3rd monitor... I'll poke at it more again tonight though.
 
interesting... both cards show they are working (I watch the temps and usage on my G13 display all the time). This is on 3 display surround so the second card has to be doing something to get the display on the 3rd monitor... I'll poke at it more again tonight though.
The second card is going to be driving the monitor(s) attached to it, doesn't necessarily mean SLI is active. Could turn the SLI visual indicator on to confirm.
 
yeah - I am pretty sure the 2nd card was as busy as the primary but I will double check and maybe turn the indicator on... haven't done that in like 4 or 5 years lol.
 
The second card is going to be driving the monitor(s) attached to it, doesn't necessarily mean SLI is active. Could turn the SLI visual indicator on to confirm.

So I upped my drivers tonight and tested some more... still have some tearing, but it seems a lot better... Anyways, both GPUs are using 2.3G of mem and are at around 70% load each just testing really quick while playing.. I am just inside of the prison now.. not graphically very challenging... in the drivers the default profile for 'multi-display/mixed gpu acceleration' is 'multiple display performance mode' which is the global setting... I think when you're using Surround with SLI it defaults to this.
 
Soo, looks like The New Order is on sale for $29.99. I have put this one off for a price drop, but would it be well worth it? Sounds like most here like it, but it is only SP.

Plus my rig in sig, will I be able to get 30fps running 1080p?
 
I bought it yesterday and so far am really enjoying it. The graphics are a little borked. I had to turn Vsync off because it kept dropping down to 2 fps for some reason when it would reload. With Vsync off it works fine but there is a lot of tearing and some texture pop in. Its a little annoying but the game really is excellent so far so its not a deal breaker especially at $30.

Ive been playing Wolfenstein since Castle Wolfenstein back in 1983 and this one is shaping up to be by far the best one. The story so far is very good and keeping my glued to it. The combat is very good and its a lot of fun shooting the guns. The atmosphere is very good, better than most aside from Return to Castle Wolfenstein which I though had maybe the best atmosphere.

So yea, $30 its well worth it. Id go so far to say its worth $40 based on my few hours of game play.

**edit**

I take that back, the VSync trick isn't the fix. Came back from eating out and fired it back up and we're back to the 2 FPS thing. Had to reload the checkpoint twice for it to run normally. Oh well. On the bright side I can turn on VSync again which really smooths out the textures and graphics.
 
Last edited:
Yuck, well that was another concern was some of the issues with the engine, it's based on the Rage engine I know, and that one gave me all sorts of issues.

Glad the gameplay on this one sounds good, the previous Wolfenstein was god awful.

Ah decisions.
 
Get it dude. That one hiccup is the only issue I've run across. Yeah its annoying to have to reload a check point but it doesn't happen all that often and it's really an excellent game.

I don't know if this is a fix but I've got Fraps running and when it loads a level you get the load screen. When it's done the frames drop all the way to zero and then climb back up to 60. If you wait til it reaches 60 before pressing continue (E key) it seems to start OK.

Either way, it's worth it. Get it. :D

**edit**

Looks like I found my first game that maxes out my 2GB of RAM. According to Afterburner Im using 1995 MB while running this game. Also using 6.5 GB of RAM and 3 GB of my paging memory!! Guess I need to upgrade more than just my GPU!
 
Last edited:
Definitely get this game. It's probably the best big AAA type game of the year. I force Vsync from the driver, and it's smooth as silk. No tearing whatsoever. I've played it on both a 660Ti and a GTX 970, and it works flawlessly on both.
 
Definitely get this game. It's probably the best big AAA type game of the year. I force Vsync from the driver, and it's smooth as silk. No tearing whatsoever. I've played it on both a 660Ti and a GTX 970, and it works flawlessly on both.

I agree, good game.
 
Agreed great game. My biggest issue is how short it is.

Yeah, I could have easily played another 10 hours of it. As it is now, I've been going back and replaying some of my favorite missions.
 
So I got it, and yes, only bout 1 hour in and a hell of a game. Kinda started out run of the mill war story etc, which was great, but now the twist getting to the Asylum. Takes it to another level. So far so good

Performance: Well, my 6 year old computer is chuggin. Got the MSI afterburner going, and it's getting by. Couple things, yes, the pop ins are pretty bad, but my bottle neck GFX card can't pull anymore.

Any recommendations on FOV? I have it at 80, appears I can't make it lower.

Also, Vsync is not working when on, so I'll look back to read what people said about this. edit: ok somebody just mentioned this, need to force. DONE>

Overall, I'm liking it alot.
 
I wonder if there will be any DLC or other content for this?
 
They could do another timeline that actually breaks into an entirely new story.
 
Tagged cause I got it on the cheap and just installed but am having low fps on my sig rig.
 
Define low FPS. Keep in mind this game is locked to 60 FPS.

8-20 35-47 ish.. Serious lagging and its not the GPU..60fps in cut scenes. Will lock at 60 during gameplay sometimes in spurts(Im fine with 60fps) and then drops for no apparent reason. :confused:

EDIT: Figured it out. DSR 4k makes it laggy. 1080p(yuck!) was smooth as silk. Settled on DSR 1440. Mostly 60fps, a few drops to 57fps. Definitely playable. Been using DSR since the 980GTX released and cant beleive I ran 1080p for so long. Going back to it for this game really showed me how well DSR works. Just need the perfect 1440 monitor to replace my 40' screen and Ill be thrilled.
 
Last edited:
I like the feel of the trailer, kind of matches the campiness from the missions in RTCW: ET Yanks, banks, tanks, gooooooold!

Speaking of, when can we get a new ET? Not that quake 4 based garbage either.
 
[Paragon];1041463602 said:
I like the feel of the trailer, kind of matches the campiness from the missions in RTCW: ET Yanks, banks, tanks, gooooooold!

Speaking of, when can we get a new ET? Not that quake 4 based garbage either.

I liked Quake Wars.

However, I think they're working on that Dirty Bomb game right now, so it may be a while. (I also haven't heard anything about a new RTCW: ET...)
 
I just hope the plot holes in this one isn't as glaring as New order, some of the holes in that game was bigger than the game itself.

EG. The battery.
 
Day 1. I wish they would get away from that shitty ID engine. The textures in TNO were awful, I mean allful.
 
Ill be in for a copy. Ive loved every Wolfenstein game theyve made since the very first Castle Wolfenstein way back in 1983!
 
Back
Top