Wix vs Squarespace vs ????

Nebell

2[H]4U
So I'm trying to create my own photography site. Or rather, I have created one and in my not so humble opinion, it looks gorgeous in 4k :)
However, as soon as I look at it from 1080p or 1440p it looks a bit zoomed in, which I don't like but I could live with it.
What I don't like at all is that the mobile page. It's too ugly for my liking. And I think I have grasped Wix enough to understand how to customize pretty much everything about it.

Anyone here with more experience who could give me some pointers?

not overly familiar with wix, but read up their 'responsive' design.

Neither - WordPress!

Please no.

As it seems he is unfamiliar with web technologies, recommending one of the most high maintanence CMS platforms out there is only going to lead him into trouble.

Nebell, the 'zoomed' effect is just how responsive design works - it serves the same content to all devices, but styles it slightly differently. This usually results in some content looking larger just to fit on large desktop displays. Ultimately, you'll probably find most of your audience will be coming from mobile now anyway, so I'd focus your time on ensuring that your mobile experience is exactly how you want it - then adjust the desktop to be 'suitable'.

Simple. Design it for a 1080p display as that is what the majority of visitors will probably be using. If they visit using a 4K display, then they can zoom in to suit if they so wish. That's how I always built websites; build for the most commonly used resolution and go from there. 4K displays are only used by enthusiasts or photography "nerds". Take the social media platforms as examples. They are designed to sit perfect on a 1080p screen and scale up well. If visiting on a device with a lower resolution, then it will still display but as you mention, everything will be zoomed in to downscale.

I know it is a dead thread but hey, might help somebody!

Back