Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition April 17th

Geez GOG always ripping it's customers off with a new DLC every other week

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the update. Nice bonus!

Last edited:
This will balance out the pacing in terms of the last Act, which seemed really short in comparison to the other two.

Maybe I can get a new GPU by then depending on the pacing of Nvidia and AMD releases.

This will balance out the pacing in terms of the last Act, which seemed really short in comparison to the other two.

Maybe I can get a new GPU by then depending on the pacing of Nvidia and AMD releases.

Definitely. There isn't much to it unless you come in broke...then you have to spend forever grinding money. A great game, but that last chapter seems like it should've probably been divided differently.

If all goes well, Kepler should be coming out at that time. Maybe ubersampling will finally be feasible?

The 360 version of TW2 comes out on the same day.

Geez GOG always ripping it's customers off with a new DLC every other week

GOG clearly doesn't understand that you're supposed to charge customers for this stuff. They should just give this property to EA already! :D

Awesome, I hadn't gotten to play this yet (got it cheap on an Amazon sale recently, $16). May wait for the upgrade while I finish off the first game (Witcher 1).

AWESOME! Definitely will be replaying in April! I beat it once going one direction, but just couldnt get into it enough to try the other story path.

I don't normally get impressed with cinematics, but that was better than anything Blizzard or Bioware ever put out.

I'm looking forward to the new EE content.

Hot damn! I was just replaying my "canon" Witcher 2 character, but I will definetly putting it on hold until this goodness arrives.

I don't normally get impressed with cinematics, but that was better than anything Blizzard or Bioware ever put out.

I'm looking forward to the new EE content.

Yeah, when I see fancy cinematics I usually think that the developers of the a game are trying to make up for a crap game.

Having played the Witcher 1 and 2 I know that this is definitely not the case! I'm really looking forward to this release!

The Witcher is now available on Mac (steam) for all you Mac people.

CD Projekt is actually quite amazing.

Also, screw BioWare.

Cool, I was thinking they were going to charge for this one (not that it wouldn't be justified).
Now that I've got some newer hardware I think I'll go back through when this hits. 10GB is pretty much a whole new game!

i love these guys i hope they can just keep doing stuff like this, they seem to have what it takes to fill the void that i feel Bioware has made

I've been waiting for an excuse to ignore my massive backlog and replay TW2. Looks like this is it!

From the Gog.com news post.

New major adventures set in new locations. These consist of an underground system of chambers beneath Loc Muine and a temperate coniferous forest in the Loc Muine mountains, and a secret cave passage. These new adventures will add several hours of story-based gameplay to the game.

New major characters to the Witcher story. One of them is Brigida Papebrock Dame. This noble woman comes from the Temerian family Papebrock and is a 30 year old lady-in-waiting of the Temerian court. The other characters are secret--for now!

All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.

Can't find any information regarding Steam's version.

The Steam version will be getting it too, right?

I'm seriously going to turn in anyone I know that pirates this and I've never snitched on anyone in my entire life. If you've ever bitched about EA/Ca$hcom and hate the direction the industry has taken in recent years, then supporting this game in mass is the first step on righting this hobby we love so dearly.

Last edited:
I bought the game from former Direct2Drive, now under Gamefly. How would I acquire this patch? I imagine I'd have to download it again through Gamefly client.

Wow, haven't picked up this game yet, now it has my attention...

I bought the game like 3 months ago. How will I prove that I have owned the game before April 17th? How does it authenticate? Would if I get around to installing it after the 17th?

Not sure what you are concerned with. This is basically a content upgrade and patch. New versions of The Witcher 2 sold are simply being rebranded. It doesn't matter when or where you bought it in regards to this update.

I have been looking forward to this. I did my first playthrough in November-December and decided to hold out for this before I started my second play through.

Buy the game and tell all of your friends to do the same. This developer gets it and needs to be supported.

Has Eyefinity support been added yet? I stopped playing the original Witcher 2 because of lack of Eyefinity/surround support.

I'm going to get the boxed version of The Witcher 2 later today.

Can you import saves from the first game? I'll have to see if I can find my old saves if so.

Back