Windows 7 Key

JK1984

n00b
Long story short I have a few old computers that I have been tinkering around with just for fun. I thought I’d install older versions of Windows on them to play around with or even try to get a retro gaming machine going.

Windows 98se
Pentium 200mhz
ASUS TXP4-X mobo
64mb SDRAM
Random 16mb PCI video card

Windows XP
Pentium 4 2.8ghz – non HT Socket 478
ASUS P4S533 mobo
2GB DDR RAM
AGP-BFG 6600GT OC

Windows 7 Home Premium x86
E4500
ASUS PG5Z-MX mobo
2GB DDR2 RAM
128gb SSD
Galaxy GT610 1gb PCIE

Everything was going fine until I was working on the Windows 7 pc. I found a key laying around but it turns out it wasn’t a retail key, but an OEM one that installed fine, but failed activation.

Anyone know of any LEGIT ways I can buy a valid CD KEY for Windows 7 at a decent price? Just sticks. The whole Idea was to use old hardware/software/ keys that I had and try not to spend too much money on this project. I was thinking about not activating windows on this machine but I’m not too sure how limited Windows would be unactivated for an extended period of time. Or I suppose I could bite the bullet and buy a RETAIL version of Windows 10 since I’d be spending money anyways getting a new key. That way I could transfer that key to another computer years later if it came to it.

Any thoughts?

Long story short I have a few old computers that I have been tinkering around with just for fun. I thought I’d install older versions of Windows on them to play around with or even try to get a retro gaming machine going.

Windows 98se
Pentium 200mhz
ASUS TXP4-X mobo
64mb SDRAM
Random 16mb PCI video card

Windows XP
Pentium 4 2.8ghz – non HT Socket 478
ASUS P4S533 mobo
2GB DDR RAM
AGP-BFG 6600GT OC

Windows 7 Home Premium x86
E4500
ASUS PG5Z-MX mobo
2GB DDR2 RAM
128gb SSD
Galaxy GT610 1gb PCIE

Everything was going fine until I was working on the Windows 7 pc. I found a key laying around but it turns out it wasn’t a retail key, but an OEM one that installed fine, but failed activation.

Anyone know of any LEGIT ways I can buy a valid CD KEY for Windows 7 at a decent price? Just sticks. The whole Idea was to use old hardware/software/ keys that I had and try not to spend too much money on this project. I was thinking about not activating windows on this machine but I’m not too sure how limited Windows would be unactivated for an extended period of time. Or I suppose I could bite the bullet and buy a RETAIL version of Windows 10 since I’d be spending money anyways getting a new key. That way I could transfer that key to another computer years later if it came to it.

Any thoughts?
if you "find" a oem brand iso that matches your oem brand key it should work.

Found a key laying around? Was the sticker on a PC? Was it an envelope package with the unused sticker? Was it a handwritten note? The source of the key is required to find the proper intall media you need.

so you have an OEM key? you just need an OEM installer. or literally ANY install media that is OEM. neither should be hard to find.

Back