Windows 12

Why did windows 10 remove the ability to resize window border (thickness)? Why are the inactive and active window titlebars the same color?

Ok, it may appeal to people and look stylish, but it is a royal PITA in my use case where I have multiple open windows overlapping another all with the same color background.

Sure, set it up that way out of the box, but give me a way to modify them!!!! Even windows 3.1 would let you customize window borders and titlebar colors! Why the hell can't I tweak them?
(Inactive titlebar color can be tweaked via the registry, but not window borders)

All I want is the features that used to be there.

Why are the inactive and active window titlebars the same color?
You can still do that in windows 10, but you have to do registry editing. It doesn't work with apps that have custom color title bars, only the ones that use system colors. It was one of the first things I changed when I first installed W10.

Hope there is a Lucky 13 version! ;-)
meh, Windows 27 or GTFO

1660794728167.png

Well if they want to skip numbers like browsers did way back then perhaps the obvious choice would be Windows 69! 🙃
I hope I'm still alive in 2069 just to see if Microsoft does that. And say "nice," although I'm sure that would confuse my great grandchildren.

No see you are all wrong, what Microsoft is doing is prepping for the 30'th anniversary of Windows 95 where they plan to release their custom Linux distro skinned to look like Windows 95, named Windows 30, complete with their custom dos emulator.

No see you are all wrong, what Microsoft is doing is prepping for the 30'th anniversary of Windows 95 where they plan to release their custom Linux distro skinned to look like Windows 95, named Windows 30, complete with their custom dos emulator.
You know what, I would take a win95 ui skin over any of the ui from win8 onward.

Back