Windows 10

Most likely because they used this forum primarily as a place to sell keys, with very little content otherwise. that’s just a guess.

Last edited:
Most likely because they used this forum primarily as a place to sell keys, with very little content otherwise.s that’s just a guess.
maybe. cant access their profile or search for them. id tag and ask the mod in that post but you cant...

Had an issue with him as well. Sent payment for a key on Monday. Shortly after stopped responding. It seems like he may have deleted his account or have been banned. I'm filing a charegback with paypal. Thankfully it's only $12. I left a negative heat eval for him as well.

His account on HF
His heat

Screenshot_20210306-193728.jpg
Screenshot_20210306-193741.jpg

Had an issue with him as well. Sent payment for a key on Monday. Shortly after stopped responding. It seems like he may have deleted his account or have been banned. I'm filing a charegback with paypal. Thankfully it's only $12. I left a negative heat eval for him as well.

His account on HF
His heat

View attachment 336378
View attachment 336379
Probably bought some 10+ keys from him, never an issue.
Last one I bought recently he did say that he did raise his price, but that wasn't reflected in his main post - he told me in PM, but said he couldn't edit the main post.
I didn't see it as an issue personally and he sent me a key despite me not having known of the increase.

I'm not sure this is worth torching his feedback/reputation profiles for, [H] may have just suspended him and he can't reply to you.

Last one I bought recently he did say that he did raise his price, but that wasn't reflected in his main post - he told me in PM, but said he couldn't edit the main post.
I didn't see it as an issue personally and he sent me a key despite me not having known of the increase.

I'm not sure this is worth torching his feedback/reputation profiles for, [H] may have just suspended him and he can't reply to you.
When he ignored me, was clearly online and active, takes nearly a week to not deliver a key, I have a problem with that. It's not like I got it and he didn't give me heat, he didn't uphold his end of the transaction. He was suspended for obvious reasons. So not my fault he went that route.

When he ignored me, was clearly online and active, takes nearly a week to not deliver a key, I have a problem with that. It's not like I got it and he didn't give me heat, he didn't uphold his end of the transaction. He was suspended for obvious reasons. So not my fault he went that route.
You and I don't know the "obvious reason" yet. I was simply stating my experience with the seller because I found the negative feedback uncharacteristic as a repeat buyer.
There were times where he was slow getting back to me with a key, but it's a Windows key and I was not pressed for time.
I chose to give the transaction to an [H] member full well knowing I could've used any other shady Windows key site for a dollar or two more but why would I do that if he was reliable?

All of us have different expectations of service when money is exchanged and yours seems really heated over a Windows key is all.

You and I don't know the "obvious reason" yet. I was simply stating my experience with the seller because I found the negative feedback uncharacteristic as a repeat buyer.
There were times where he was slow getting back to me with a key, but it's a Windows key and I was not pressed for time.
I chose to give the transaction to an [H] member full well knowing I could've used any other shady Windows key site for a dollar or two more but why would I do that if he was reliable?

All of us have different expectations of service when money is exchanged and yours seems really heated over a Windows key is all.

I as well have to say I had nothing but good experiences buying from sellers of keys here, Sometimes a few days to get a key but always got what I paid for.

Every key I've purchased has taken less than two days to get. I didn't wait a week. I feel like 5 days was plenty to provide a key. When I ask if he has one available, and he replies yes, I would expect it within the next message or two. Not be online ignoring my messages. Because if it took a day or two I would see that being normal. But clearly he did not have the key at the time of taking my payment. This only further shown in his suspension. He was suspended for one reason or another. You don't get a suspension because the mods just felt like it that day.

I had no problem with the price, he had 500+ heat. But when you make a sale you uphold your end of that deal. Which he was not. He purposely ignored my messages, while staying active on the site. Then he got suspended. At that point I was no longer willing to continue the with waiting and the deal.

Every key I've purchased has taken less than two days to get. I didn't wait a week. I feel like 5 days was plenty to provide a key. When I ask if he has one available, and he replies yes, I would expect it within the next message or two. Not be online ignoring my messages. Because if it took a day or two I would see that being normal. But clearly he did not have the key at the time of taking my payment. This only further shown in his suspension. He was suspended for one reason or another. You don't get a suspension because the mods just felt like it that day.

I had no problem with the price, he had 500+ heat. But when you make a sale you uphold your end of that deal. Which he was not. He purposely ignored my messages, while staying active on the site. Then he got suspended. At that point I was no longer willing to continue the with waiting and the deal.

Imagine being this level upset when [H] has hordes of people buying new hardware these days and are probably slamming this one guy, who was pretty much the sole seller of keys.
Anyway, I posted my experience. Sorry yours was poor.

You mean increasing price via PM’s should be tolerated and not commented on? That’s bad seller behavior, and frankly if I did it, let alone to multiple people, I’d expect people to torch my public feedback.

I take my sales and reputation seriously and that’s not something I’d do.

It should not be tolerated. If he couldn’t edit the main thread title he could very easily have had a mod do it.

it may have all been pure innocence but still I’d have had a mod edit my thread instead of asking for price increases via PM.

I did buy from him multiple times. Most were smooth. But when a key didn’t work, it took days to get another key from him.

You mean increasing price via PM’s should be tolerated and not commented on? That’s bad seller behavior, and frankly if I did it, let alone to multiple people, I’d expect people to torch my public feedback.

I take my sales and reputation seriously and that’s not something I’d do.

It should not be tolerated. If he couldn’t edit the main thread title he could very easily have had a mod do it.

it may have all been pure innocence but still I’d have had a mod edit my thread instead of asking for price increases via PM.

I did buy from him multiple times. Most were smooth. But when a key didn’t work, it took days to get another key from him.

I never said that not updating the main post was acceptable behavior.
Infact I said in my original post, that he told me upfront that he was unable to change it. Is that valid? I have no idea, I don't really make threads so it's not something I've experienced.

Hope he fixes his main post and is back. I know he can take a few days sometimes but I've bought a handful of keys from him over the years for myself, friends and family. Sometimes I get the key within minutes, sometimes it takes a few days but never had an issue. At the same time I get why the mods here don't want just people who use the FS/FT forum. There are so many threads about various topics here, wouldn't take much time to find an interesting one and make some comments a few times a month.

I bought a couple Win 10 Pro keys from him as well a couple weeks ago, and outside of it taking 2+ days to get the keys, they both activated without any issue.

When I PM'd him for 3 keys @ $8 each, he told me that they were $12 each, and that irked me because he should've updated his original post with the price change. I wanted to buy 3 keys for $24 but instead only bought 2 keys for the same price.

I feel his ban is only because he didn't update his prices in his original post so that buyers weren't surprised by the bigger price for each Windows key.

I hope that he can fix his post and come back, because we have very few sellers with software keys to buy from.

I hope that he can fix his post and come back, because we have very few sellers with software keys to buy from.
I hope so as well. I do understand if the seller just uses this forum to sell.

I have bought multiple keys from him. It was 1 key at first then I started buying them in 3s. When one key didn't activate, he apologized and sent another key within the same day. He's been slow at time but I was never in a rush. Never did I feel the need to make a thread or even dispute it.

Imagine being this level upset when [H] has hordes of people buying new hardware these days and are probably slamming this one guy, who was pretty much the sole seller of keys.
Anyway, I posted my experience. Sorry yours was poor.
Those people haven't done me wrong in a transaction, so I can't out in my experience. Anybody who would do the same to me would get the same reaction regardless of physical hardware or a product key. A transaction is a transaction.

Those people haven't done me wrong in a transaction, so I can't out in my experience. Anybody who would do the same to me would get the same reaction regardless of physical hardware or a product key. A transaction is a transaction.
Next time pay for express online shipping then. Don't know what to tell ya.

Similarly to other people's experience - I've purchased a few keys (maybe 5-10 for various products) from people on this forum, including the person in the OP.
Never once had an issue.
One guy even sent me the key before I paid him. PM'd him that I was interested in a key...next thing I knew it was in my inbox. :confused:

Hopefully the situation resolves, because it was kind of nice having these guys around.

Any thoughts whether this may have to do with rumors on the Tech forums about German police going after so called grey keys? Not saying the sellers on this forum are in Germany, but could make some back off for a while.

Any thoughts whether this may have to do with rumors on the Tech forums about German police going after so called grey keys? Not saying the sellers on this forum are in Germany, but could make some back off for a while.
if you google/bing about that, everything i see states its only win10 keys. i dont think the guys here were shifting those, just win7 from what i saw.

I thought most claimed they were from the UK as they passed a law allowing reuse keys to be sold? Or something like that, memory is fading.

They pulled the price increase thing on me too but I needed a key because of new hardware so I went with it. It was also out of country so my paypal fee included USD conversion transaction costs which wasnt ideal either, but may give a little creedence to some of the theories above.

I did buy a 1 yr adobe license from someone here that was cancelled 3 months in, and they had been banned from [H]. To their credit when I reached out to them via their PP email they apologized as I guess the keys were some legit giveaway from adobe that got resold so adobe cancelled em all or something? Got a refund for time lost, but was asked to comment on why they werent posting in their historic keys thread on their behalf.

Didnt do that, though, because mods made their decision and I respek that. Big ups, mods.

Very unlikely. In fact most of those articles are clickbait with no substance. When an arrest and charge is made public let us know. I have no reason to suspect this had anything to do with that.

while it is nice to have keys when we need them, the truth is there are MANY third party websites that sell them also for around what OP was. These are the same sites that have been selling pc game digital codes for a decade or more.

I’m not saying anything about the validity of “grey” market sites as they are called. But they do exist and have for a very long time. They also offer refunds. So in case anyone was waiting on OP for a key, there are alternatives besides straight up full price retail.

while it is nice to have keys when we need them, the truth is there are MANY third party websites that sell them also for around what OP was. These are the same sites that have been selling pc game digital codes for a decade or more.

I’m not saying anything about the validity of “grey” market sites as they are called. But they do exist and have for a very long time. They also offer refunds. So in case anyone was waiting on OP for a key, there are alternatives besides straight up full price retail.
That's all true and understood. But I think many here (particularly those of us who have been around a long time) view this a more of a community than a storefront - and we like doing business with that community. Sadly, that seems no longer possible in these cases (for whatever reasons those may be).

That's all true and understood. But I think many here (particularly those of us who have been around a long time) view this a more of a community than a storefront - and we like doing business with that community. Sadly, that seems no longer possible in these cases (for whatever reasons those may be).
I agree. I’ve been around since 08 and longer as a lurker. I was offering this info to the uninformed. I have seen many wtb threads lately, so there are many uninformed.

Just posting here as well--I paid for a key, and got two bad keys in a row. No communication from the seller since March 1, despite a couple of follow-up messages.

I bought a key from him back in February. Got the key in two days and it activated and is working fine. Also said it was $12 in PM, which bothered me at first but I didn't see it as a big deal. I do feel it is important for the advertised prices in the thread to reflect the actual price wanted for the product, though. The suspension or ban may have been due to circumstances we won't know, like a heated argument with a mod over PM.

Bought a office key from him couple weeks ago and had a ton of problems activating it. Finally got it activated after 3 or 4 attempts of phone activation. Also took a couple days to get the key.

I've bought 5 or 6 keys from him. One was bad, and he replaced it within a day. Told me via PM that the price had increased. Overall, not a terrible experience.

new2019?

Zero complaints from me. I purchased more than a dozen keys, plus a few other items...he was professional each time. A real gentlemen from my perspective.

I actually sent him a message asking him to sort things out and come back...I enjoyed doing business with him.

Best,

Liquid Cool

I had the same issue when I wanted a Windows 10 Pro key the thread said $8 but the PM that was replied to said $10 and not being able to update the thread. I call BS on the thread update part! Anyway I found out about the HWID "hack" a few days ago and already used it twice and it worked fine, how long before Microsoft closes this loophole I don't know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-03-31 Windows 10 Pro keys.png
    Screenshot_2021-03-31 Windows 10 Pro keys.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 0
Guy was top notch for me. 2 transactions, 3 keys, all good

IIRC his thread was pretty old, increase in price didn't bother me whatsoever

No one was debating the increase in price itself, I think most of us saw the value. It was the tactic of bait and switch that was being used. I think he just needed to have a mod change the thread info. I remember not being to update a thread of mine that was super old. I don’t know the exact limitations on how long you can edit a post tho.

Back