Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I just mean adding icons, not an API.
There was a GUI option "Pin to Start Menu" that worked up until Windows 7.
That GUI option is still there, but it pins to the right-hand pane of the start menu rather than the area above recent programs.There was a GUI option "Pin to Start Menu" that worked up until Windows 7.
I think we all need to keep in mind what Microsoft said about the start menu in Windows 10 being based on the start screen.no way of getting rid of the Search box inside the Start Menu?...with Windows 7 you could remove it via 'Turn Windows Features On or Off'...disabling the 'Windows Search' service doesn't seem to remove it either in Windows 10
That would surprise me. I mean, why would they slow their iteration time on new builds?
I couldn't use 9879. Was having all sorts of problems and little annoying bugs.
Just checked my 9879 build and it's still there for me. it just takes a long time to come up after you click the button.anyone know where Disk Cleanup is with Windows 10?...have they removed it?
Just checked my 9879 build and it's still there for me. it just takes a long time to come up after you click the button.
You can also launch it from PC Settings by searching for "free up disk space"
you can remove those tiles, I did
I'm not concerned with how much it uses, I'm concerned at how low it scales.why does win10 use so much memory??
xp -> ~300 mb
win 7 -> 800 mb
win 10 -> 1.5 gb
ugh
I'm not concerned with how much it uses, I'm concerned at how low it scales.
If I have a 16GB device I want the system to use as much as possible. If I have a 1GB device I want it to use as little as possible.
First of all, this is a pre-release version. I imagine there's some debug stuff running in the background that wont be there in the final version.why does win10 use so much memory??
xp -> ~300 mb
win 7 -> 800 mb
win 10 -> 1.5 gb
ugh
What's charged and what's used are different things, however.If I have a 16GB device I want the system to use as much as possible. If I have a 1GB device I want it to use as little as possible.
Windows 8.1 is "Stable", this pre-release software is "development", and internal builds are "experimental".
I'm glad it's not just me that's having issues with build 9879...seems like a lot of people are going back to an earlier build as it doesn't seem stable enough to use on a daily basis...
http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/windows-technical-preview-build-9879-morning-after
the article linked above states that 'Microsoft has announced that it will not be issuing another build until 2015'
why does win10 use so much memory??
xp -> ~300 mb
win 7 -> 800 mb
win 10 -> 1.5 gb
ugh
why does win10 use so much memory??
xp -> ~300 mb
win 7 -> 800 mb
win 10 -> 1.5 gb
ugh
Clearly? Hardly.At one point it was believed that Windows 9/10 would be 64 bit only. Since 32 bit ISOs are available that's clearly not true, at least regarding the Enterprise/Professional landscape.
That I'll agree with. One last upgrade cycle for 2006-era hardware that originally shipped with Vista.I do though think it will be the last 32 bit version to any degree.
For the Home version, I would expect that 32 bit is not an option and that only 64 bit will be available.
At one point it was believed that Windows 9/10 would be 64 bit only. Since 32 bit ISOs are available that's clearly not true, at least regarding the Enterprise/Professional landscape. For the Home version, I would expect that 32 bit is not an option and that only 64 bit will be available.
I do though think it will be the last 32 bit version to any degree. I suspect that due to the failure of Windows 8, Microsoft feels it's in their best interest to deliver an improved 32 bit OS variant to those who want/need a 32 bit platform for the Enterprise market.
This issue was solved YEARS ago when 64bit Windows was first introduced. 32bit applications run just fine on 64bit Windows through the WOW64 emulation layer. There is no worthwhile performance penalty for running a 32bit application through WOW64, either.If you're going to go a 64bit only OS then Microsoft would have to give serious lead time notice. Lots of 32bit apps/programs would need to be updated unless they have a really good compatibility layer built in.
Microsoft can drop 32bit Windows whenever they want without having much of any impact on application compatibility. It's hardware compatibility that would be a problem.
I got a huge service pack yesterday, they fixed the start menu fonts that were too small. Runs OK in a VM as a curiosity, I wouldn't pay money for it.
You and the vast majority of folks that run Windows. The overwhelming majority of people that use Windows never directly paid for it.
Do you think this w10 preview will expire? My w8 Developer Preview still works, I only boot it up to test my apps.
Any news on how close they are to a RC version?