Windows 10 Fall Creators Update- October 17th

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by polonyc2, Sep 1, 2017.

1. polonyc2

polonyc2 [H]ardForum Junkie

ManofGod likes this.
  2. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow [H]ardness Supreme

Oh boy, another biannual feature removal and telemetry reset.

OEM, qb4ever, PliotronX and 4 others like this.
  3. BulletDust

BulletDust [H]ardness Supreme

Oh boy, more corrupted updates and work for me... :)

4. ChadD

ChadD 2[H]4U

Hey it should be like a pre-xmas bonus for you. Not all bad. :)

BulletDust likes this.
  5. Tiberian

Tiberian DILLIGAFuck

FTFY :D

6. michalrz

michalrz 2[H]4U

Windows 10 Stockholm Syndrome Update
    Windows 10 Fallen Creators Update
    Windows 10 Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet

We'll prevail.

7. B00nie

B00nie [H]ardness Supreme

Windows 10 First Universally Certified Kernel -Update

8. polonyc2

Microsoft acknowledges Windows 10 stuttering problem, a fix is in the works

Microsoft rolled out the Windows 10 Creators Update in April, and it wasn't quite smooth sailing for everyone...reports of stuttering in games quickly began to surface—not universal enough to prove there was a problem, but persistent enough to suggest that something, somewhere was amiss...in a recent post on the Microsoft support site, Microsoft support engineer Paul Aaron acknowledged that there is in fact a problem, and that a fix is in the works

Aaron wrote. "We have a fix in the Windows Insider build that flighted to the 'Fast' ring this week (build 16273 and above). If you are already an Insider please test it with any app or game you're having this problem with and let us know how it goes."...

http://www.pcgamer.com/microsoft-acknowledges-windows-10-stuttering-problem-a-fix-is-in-the-works/

9. B00nie

There's no pro-pro-pro-pro-problem.

ZodaEX and Armenius like this.
  10. ManofGod

ManofGod [H]ardForum Junkie

So, so far, only the OP actually gives anything useful in this thread. Thanks OP, helping is better than bitching.

heatlesssun likes this.
  11. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow [H]ardness Supreme

Then Microsoft had better get to work on a proper Windows 7 successor.

Nenu and BulletDust like this.
  12. BulletDust

So you're asking people to ignore the glaring problems and carry on their merry way....

...Kind of what you do....?

13. heatlesssun

heatlesssun [H]ard as it Gets

I'm running all kinds of games under Windows 10 across all kinds of devices. I've not run all of 500+ games I can install on Windows 10 and compared whatever issues may exist across all OSes those games support. Not one person on Earth has.

BulletDust likes this.
  14. BulletDust

So, why is it ok that you claim no issue under Windows, but if I do the same under Linux it's assumed I'm ignoring the facts?

15. ManofGod

:) Thanks, problems occur and when they do, having help is a good thing. Complaining helps ZERO people but then again, I guess it is easier than providing good information.

heatlesssun likes this.
  16. heatlesssun

Huh? I never claimed there were no gaming issues under Windows 10. But even you would have no clue how to get all of the games I have running well under Windows 10 to run under Linux.

17. heatlesssun

Windows has its problems. That's obvious. When it comes to gaming even Windows 10 is well beyond anything not called Windows in the realm of PC gaming.

ManofGod likes this.
  18. BulletDust

So my claim of a certain individual claiming that people should ignore problems and carry on their merry way holds true, the discussion has done a complete circle. Thanks for nothing.

Furthermore, I was in no way specifically discussing gaming.

19. B00nie

Heatless's world revolves around gaming so he's not a very credible source of information.

BulletDust likes this.
  20. ManofGod

Who claimed what? I see you claiming things but I do not see anyone else claiming anything you are saying.

heatlesssun likes this.
  21. heatlesssun

I've never claimed there were no issues with Windows. I was just addressing the point of the issue with gaming that has been acknowledged by Microsoft as a problem that some experience. I report many issues to Microsoft being a regular user of Insider Builds.

22. heatlesssun

This doesn't make any sense. Big PC gamers generally spend too much money to put up with many problems. No one spends many thousands of dollars only to have tons of issues.

23. BulletDust

'Big' PC gamers...Ohhhh, they're more special that the average 'PC user'....

...Come off it, seriously....

24. heatlesssun

Many tend to have a lot more money and time invested in PCs than average PC users. This forum is full of such folks.

BulletDust likes this.
  25. BulletDust

Bullshit.

ChadD and heatlesssun like this.
  26. polonyc2

is the Fall Creator's Update available through the Windows Insider program?...or a build that is close to what the final version will look like?

27. heatlesssun

This what the Insider Build process is about, running builds for the next release. The current Insider build is pretty close to RTM, I'm guessing there'll be one or two more tops before the RTM build, should be next week.

28. B00nie

You belong to the 1 o/oo user base having 1 o/oo problems that are not relevant for normal use. Also, gaming issues are easily solved by getting an Xbox. PCs are for functional use.

29. ManofGod

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol! I enjoy my XBox as much as the next XBox owners but, folks around here are mostly gamers first and everything else second. (Once the hardware is built and tweaked but that is something else entirely. :) ) Guess you missed the threads where folks on here mostly bash consoles and claim PC Gaming God status? :D (Elite I think it is called.)

MelonSplitter and heatlesssun like this.
  30. BulletDust

And this is where the argument falls horribly to pieces....

...You see there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that members of the [H] forums are 'gamers first' in comparison to any other computing and hardware enthusiast site out there.

31. polonyc2

hardware enthusiast has become synonymous with PC gamer nowadays...besides professional graphics rendering why else would most people build a high end PC?

heatlesssun likes this.
  32. BulletDust

Well, there's a mass generalization if I ever heard one!

I know plenty of people that require capable workstations but prefer gaming on retro hardware. This is a hardware enthusiast forum, identical to the many others like it. It contains a gaming sub forum, but there's nothing to remotely suggest that it's user base is primarily gamers.

Forums like [H] started when overclocking became popular, not as a result of gaming.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  33. polonyc2

overclocking is not as unique today as it was back in the day...it's become mainstream...Nvidia/Intel/AMD used to shy away from it but even they now encourage mainstream users to do it...I never said [H] was a gaming forum but if you took away the gaming/GPU sub-forums lets see how many posts per day the place would generate...

qb4ever and heatlesssun like this.
  34. Nenu

Nenu [H]ardened

Why does this matter to you?

BulletDust likes this.
  35. BulletDust

Gaming is but one application of a performance desktop. The [H] forums are not gaming forums, not by any stretch of the imagination and spending way too much on hardware doesn't make you a [H] gamer - it makes you a wasteful idiot.

You wouldn't remove the gaming sub forum as gaming is but one application of modern hardware in a hardware enthusiast forum.

36. polonyc2

I'm not basing anything on what hardware a person has, I'm basing it on actual posts I see people responding to...you're making some pseudo argument based on theoretical assumptions, I'm basing it on practical results...where did I ever say that this was a gaming forum or that spending a lot of $$ on hardware makes one a gamer?...and whether a person spends $10,000 or $700 on their system doesn't make them an idiot...

37. B00nie

The fact is that heatlessun represents a diminishing fraction of the userbase with his very specific setup and needs. It's extremely rare to use bi- or tri SLI setups, use the drawing functions on office products etc. rarities he is constantly presenting as 'essential'. I don't know anyone (in person) who would use or need either of those for example.

38. BulletDust

?....

I see absolutely no evidence of this.

As stated, gaming is but one use of a high end desktop and the assumption that high end desktop = gamer is exactly that....An assumption.

However there is absolutely no debating that [H]OCP is primarily a hardware enthusiast website as opposed to specifically a 'gamer' website. The [H] forums evolve around many discussions and only a proportion of those discussions are related to gaming. News and reviews on hardware using games for benchmarking purposes does not make a website a gaming website and there are plenty of people using PC's for high end applications that do not involve gaming.

Furthermore, there does reach a point where money outlaid = massively diminishing return where gaming is primarily concerned. Therefore there is a point where someone can spend far too much on hardware for no actual benefit. To quote Kyle:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  39. ManofGod

Well, it clearly does otherwise, I would not have said anything.

40. ManofGod

I see you make an argument based once again on nothing I even said. Who said anything about other forums besides yourself? Oh well, you keep trucking on........

heatlesssun likes this.