winchester overclock database

updated, pm me if i forgot you, with the exception of computerpro3, i'm still waiting for your OPN :D

ADA3200DIK4BI
CBBHD 0450APFW
240X10, 1.53v, mem @200mhz
Lots more room I'm sure, just breakin' it in.....

:D

i don't need the 1st line laserbeam. just by saying it's a 3200+ winchester, i know what it is ;)

and i'll put those two up soon. though i'm quite impressed my nst6563's cbbid. is that on air?

yup. XP-90 with some badass fan I raped from a Compaq hot swappable 600w server power supply. Load temp is 38c-40c.

I normally run it at 2.4 though with stock volts. When I get hungry for more speed...then I'll up the clock. I figure it'll save me at least 1 upgrade :p

3000+ CBBHD 0443MPM
8.5x300.48 = 2554 MHz w/ 1.64v
hyper 6, 43c load, prime95/snm stable

winchester 3200+

ADA3200DIK4BI
CBBID 0506FPCW
1212967B505

A64 (Winnie) 3200+ @ 2.40 (240x10)
Asus A8v de luxe
HTT: 800 divider 5/6
Ram 2x 512 corsair twin1024xl pro, setting at 2-2-2-5 and 2,7 volt
Have Prime 95 run at 5 hours stable
Cpu voltage 1,55 volt in bios 1011.005 and on CPU Coolermaster Ultra Vortex
Cpu temperature 35C normal, heavy stress 45C-47C
PCI/AGP locked at 66/33
2x Hitachi SATA 250 in 0 striping on via controller, Result HDTACH 3.01.0 = 181,9 mb per sec
Audigy 2 Platinum
Plextor PX-716A
Hercules AIW 9800 SE 129mb
CoolerMaster ATC /Topower 520 watt/2 fans
Results Sandra bandwith INT 4950 FLOAT 4925
Resuls everest home edition memory read 5819, memory write 1759, memory delay 49,1 ns

greetings out of the Netherlands!

3000+
2.4 @ 1.4volts 9x266 (air) *this is what I run day to day
2.52 @ 1.45volts 9x280 (air) *Temp under load up 1 degree from 2.4ghz
2.7 @ 1.65volts 9x300 (air) *Prime95 for 24hours with no issues

OPN: ADA3000DIKBI
Version: 3.1
Revision: DH8D0
Announce Date (?): Sept. 17, 2004

Fan Info:
Thermaltake Venus 12 CPU Cooler.
49c under full load @2.4

A very good morning from the United Arab Emirates!

I have purchased an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ S939 90 nm.

OPN: ADA3000DIK4BI
CBBID 0509CPEW

Unusual week and code so I will have an OC checked soon with a DFI SLI-DR motherboard. :)

viper: i took the data from that page.. a long time ago. i really should synchronize it with them again. and i asked kyle for a sticky once. he said no. if you want it stickied, just report the thread and say "STICKYYYY!"
though i think it would be more useful for the venice oc database now.. sadly it seems that i posted it a bit too early
a side note, it's in my sig.. i post everywhere, so.. just copy and paste :D

a CPEW eh? that chip was made wednesday, march 2nd :D (if i get my weeks of the year right) i think that might also be the newest 3000+ yet. i'm anticipating the results.

I should have some interesting results. I came accoss a rather old 3000+ stepping, cant find a thing on it, but the price was right. This could be a total dud, or I could be looking at 2.7ghz. Ships tomorrow, well know soon. Its a ADA3000DIK4BI CBBFD 0432MPM

ah, an MPM.. gotta love those chips that you don't know which day of the week it was made :D
(if theory is right, they should overclock a bit better than average)

(cf)Eclipse said:
ah, an MPM.. gotta love those chips that you don't know which day of the week it was made :D
(if theory is right, they should overclock a bit better than average)

I hope your theory is right. $250 on a watercooling system and getting stuck witha a CBBID just didnt fly to well with me. 2.7 will make me very very happy, and if I can go beyond that, well I dont yet know how I could descibe my deligt. Cross your fingers for me.

Best I can get at 1:1. I'll try more later. Heck, I'm not even sure if you still NEED this info :)

ADA3000DIK4BI
CBBHD 0447RPCW

2250Mhz 1.4V Air
(250x9 @ 2.5-3-3-6 1:1)

wow, that's a week 47, you should be able to do decently awesome clocks if you give it a tad bit more voltage and back off on that ram clock

and honestly? i think this thread has about as much data as it needs.. not many people will be looking for winchesters anymore.

completely off topic: i know a TJ, he's an awesome guy :D

bah....winchesters are still hot. assuming their price will drop, people will still buy them.

And Teejay...those results are probably nowhere near your max. A week 74 CBBHD should to atleast 2.6. set a ram dividor and give it a bit more juice.

yeah, the way i see it, this thread is designed to help out people who are looking to buy a winchester and overclock it. once venice is out and about, it'll be silly to buy a winchester looking for an oc ;)

nice latency there :D

and though it was obvious before, i finally figured it out in words (sorta)

CBBHD > CBBID
CBBFD is a wash, some are awesome, some suck, and there's one CBBGD, so i can't comment on that

wow. that's interesting. too bad L looks a lot like C.. i'd like to see a picture of the heatspreader just to confirm the stepping. :cool:

off topic: how the hell do you get an account over at anandtech? I've been trying sometimes and I dont see anything :confused:

no idea! hahaha, i managed to find it to make one, but the problem is they gave me a completely random password and i forget what it is. i should probably dig through my email to hunt it down.

Jason711 said:
looks like the later weeks on the 3000+ really suck...

My theory is that AMD have been switching what they regard as their best production facilities to Venice/San Diego. Winchester quality then drops relatively. My processor was made in Malaysia and while I'm still bedding in the AS5 I'm not confident of getting much juice out of it.

i think they're all assembled in malaysia. i know my week 20 clawhammer was at least.. and every other amd chip i've seen a pic of.

In light of the onboard memory controller wouldn't it be worthwhile to specify any RAM dividers as part of a published overclock? I've been encountering people who're running high speeds with a divider 'cos the memory controller can't cut a high FSB.

Isn't that a better way to get a truer picture of a CPU steppings merit?

laserbeam said:
In light of the onboard memory controller wouldn't it be worthwhile to specify any RAM dividers as part of a published overclock? I've been encountering people who're running high speeds with a divider 'cos the memory controller can't cut a high FSB.

Isn't that a better way to get a truer picture of a CPU steppings merit?

I would have to think that any memory dividor used would be more because the ram itself is not up to the high FSB. Someone who just dropped $300 on a winny and good OCing board doenst necesary have another $300 to drop on hi grade TCCD, so alot of times you see peopel overclocking with cheap ram and using a dividor. While it can be worth while info, waaay to much of a pain in the ass do it now. Perhaps the venice chary eclipse?

Back