Wii's in stock at all local Wal-marts tonight

Sasiki

2[H]4U
Not really a [H]ot Deal, but a very [H]ot item. All 3 local Wal-marts will sell Wii's at midnight. Roughly 20 in stock at all of them.

Baldwin County, AL

Everyone should call before they go. My local one isn't selling them until 8am, while the one 20 miles away is doing a midnight release. (Southern MN)

i dont have any money, but i think ill just go to see/taunt myself :p not gonna do anything else tonight :(

walmart's near me aren't getting any :( called all 4 nearby

murrieta, hemet, lake elsinore, and temecula

CA

Meijer has them instock today also. I scored one last week and they got more for this weeks ad. I live in a small town and we got 10 so Id assume bigger cities are getting more.

Yeah, my area was flooded with Wiis yesterday. I know at least three stores that had them. Finally getting some more of the best unit this round in stock :p

Man last night after reading this i called my local wal mart (Cali) and hes like we dont have any till next sat. I called this morning and the guy said they sold out this morning. lol liers!

i don't understand why it's so hard to get a wii...

it's this kind of faux-launch shit that really pisses me off. If i buy a wii, i'm buying it from game exchange or second hand... no way am i giving nintendo money

It's no wonder they are hurting for business, the customers with the largest disposable income(me) can't get anything cause we refuse to stand in line with highschoolers, who happen to have no money at all. Honestly nintendo, which demographic spends more money ?

/rant

it's this kind of faux-launch shit that really pisses me off. If i buy a wii, i'm buying it from game exchange or second hand... no way am i giving nintendo money

It's no wonder they are hurting for business, the customers with the largest disposable income(me) can't get anything cause we refuse to stand in line with highschoolers, who happen to have no money at all. Honestly nintendo, which demographic spends more money ?

/rant

go give your money to Sony then....:rolleyes:

its listed on www.walmart.com for $638. Is this correct?? i thought these systems were upper 200's? They can be had on ebay for $320, so how does walmart think they're gonna get $640?

blah, i bet it's way easier to get them in a small town

yeah, a city will get more... but not proportionally more =(

/rant

Nintendo is hurting for business? Lol @ you. What's wrong with high schoolers wanting to buy a system? :rolleyes:

/rant

Dude,
Nintendo had over a billion in PROFIT last year. Not exactly what I call hurting.
The Wii is a license to print money.

/rant

Yup, they are really hurting for business

Nintendo Co., which also makes GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS handheld machines, recorded group net profit of 131.9 billion yen ($1.1 billion) in the first nine months of the fiscal year, up dramatically from 92.2 billion yen the same period a year earlier.

Nintendo is the only company that isn't bleeding money everywhere.

Yeah, Nintendo raked it in big time. The other 2 lost money. Nintendo makes a profit on every console, and everything they sell. They're making money hand over fist.

/rant
That was the most tool of a post i've ever seen. If you don't want to stand in line with highschoolers maybe you should buy a product that isn't made for highschoolers. It is a video game system bud, get over yourself. Nintendo would go under days after making a decision to center their sales to 40 year old men because there aren't many 40 year old men that still play video games and the few that do can get over themselves enough standing in a line with kids. Theres a reason why they priced it how they did, which is to make it affordable for everyone as compared to xbox360 and ps3.

It's all about the price. Personally I will get a Nintendo over a PS3. Who wants to spend 600 bucks on a console.

Yeah, Nintendo raked it in big time. The other 2 lost money. Nintendo makes a profit on every console, and everything they sell. They're making money hand over fist.

To be fair, Nintendo ONLY does their games and their gaming platform. Sony and Microsoft are much more diverse in their enterprises so they have much more risk and expenses to worry about.

But if we're just going to ignore that kind of minor details...

To be fair, Nintendo ONLY does their games and their gaming platform. Sony and Microsoft are much more diverse in their enterprises so they have much more risk and expenses to worry about.

But if we're just going to ignore that kind of minor details...

To be fair, sony's and ms's gaming divisions lose money regardless of what their other divisions do. Though MS in on track to making profit sony has a long way.

Lol... I walked to my local target and found 10 Wii's just sitting there, couple PS3s and 10-12 360s... games /controllers for all of them... they were out of PS2's though...

My friend waited in line for 30+ hours for the PS3 hoping to make money off it... lol... he thought it would be better to wait than to sell it the day it came out... big mistake :p

Lol... I walked to my local target and found 10 Wii's just sitting there, couple PS3s and 10-12 360s... games /controllers for all of them... they were out of PS2's though...

My friend waited in line for 30+ hours for the PS3 hoping to make money off it... lol... he thought it would be better to wait than to sell it the day it came out... big mistake :p

location?

Haha... Issaquah Washington...

Stopped by today and all the Wii's were gone (This was 5-6 days ago when I saw them), PS3's are still easily obtainable...

Don't believe me, I'm not going to wait in line or pay on ebay for one... I'll just show up at a local store and find one...

And a note... I was there maybe 10 minutes after they opened, perhaps they just got a shipment in and had stocked the glass case before they opened... And I think there was 8 not 10... sorry...

There's people on hardforum making over $300 on them.

I stopped by Walmart today and no Wii's but I got 2 classic controllers which have been hard to find. Not a big fan of how thin they are, but I'm getting used to it.

I stopped by Walmart today and no Wii's but I got 2 classic controllers which have been hard to find. Not a big fan of how thin they are, but I'm getting used to it.

really? around here i see classic controllers everywhere. its just the wiimote and nunchuk that have been hard to find

Thats probably it than, Blaze.

What bugs the heck out of me (and has for quite some time now) is the local Super Wal-Mart let the PS3 kiddies camp inside the store on release day. While the Nintendo kiddies had to wait outside (wtf?)

A few weeks later when they where to receive another shipment I was told they would not allow any line to form. Called back that evening and they said that there was a line out front if I wanted to wait.

Of course I still see stacks of PS3s sitting in stores, the local Best Buy has a little shrine of them, collecting dust.

I think they're selling for over $300, but if you sell for $320, for example, figure in your $20 in sales tax, plus Ebay fees, and you're only making about $25.

Still doesn't negate the fact that you can't find one an any stores around here at all...

really? around here i see classic controllers everywhere. its just the wiimote and nunchuk that have been hard to find

The nunchuk's aren't too hard to find around here...it's the wiimotes. I picked up a couple on bestbuy.com when they were in stock for (maybe a week ago). Best bet is to preorder Wii Play for $50.

Back