Wii U Basic Set: 239.99 Target

Considering WalMart sells the same thing for $299.99 it's a 25% discount that's pretty hot. Although I would have thought the WiiU would be subjected to MAP pricing policy, perhaps they're dropping it because the new Xbox announcement is today though and everyplace will drop it to this price, in which case not really hot :)

Well, if that's Target's price, that's also WorstBuy's (pricematched) price too. :p

And Walmart's.

And, well, just about everywhere that does pricematching.

The Standard(ie Black) Wii-U should be this price...then I'll consider maybe thinking about possibly going to the store and contemplate going to the register to perhaps mull over about purchasing it with the customer service rep...If I get a free bonus game with it...maybe...

Considering WalMart sells the same thing for $299.99 it's a 25% discount that's pretty hot. Although I would have thought the WiiU would be subjected to MAP pricing policy, perhaps they're dropping it because the new Xbox announcement is today though and everyplace will drop it to this price, in which case not really hot :)

I agree, but im looking at the big picture. its a Wii U. I can get the same performance plus a bluray drive, plus better apps from a used PS3 for $125~

I am mulling it over some, might be a good platform to play family friendly games with my 5 year old son...

I wanted Wii U to be good so we could finally play Mario in HD (just for old times sake). But it's a shit platform, no one is buying and there are no games. Cash remains firmly in my pocket.

It's not a shit platform, but it's been a shit year for Wii U. It's a good deal if you are in a market for a Wii and are a Nintendo fan.

I am mulling it over some, might be a good platform to play family friendly games with my 5 year old son...
Personally, I believe its nothing less than negligence to not prepare your child for the carnage of the imminent zombie apocalypse. The Wii U platform just doesn't have the type of violent titles to get our youth ready for the inevitable downfall of civilization.

I'm not going to call CPS on you, I'm just saying.

The Standard(ie Black) Wii-U should be this price...then I'll consider maybe thinking about possibly going to the store and contemplate going to the register to perhaps mull over about purchasing it with the customer service rep...If I get a free bonus game with it...maybe...

Personally I think the Pro version should be 199.99 and the Basic should be 149.99.

Personally, I believe its nothing less than negligence to not prepare your child for the carnage of the imminent zombie apocalypse. The Wii U platform just doesn't have the type of violent titles to get our youth ready for the inevitable downfall of civilization.

I'm not going to call CPS on you, I'm just saying.

what about zombie u ?

A company would have to really try to make a product so irrelevant as the Ouya.

Wii U isn't close, but still pretty worthless.

Nintendo needs to dump this thing and release x86 based system, otherwise EA wont be the last developer to dump them. Wait another 6 months, and this thing will be selling for 200 or less.

By the time that there are actually games worth playing out for the WiiU it'll no doubt be cheaper.

Dead platform abandoned by every third party publisher and should be $99 at best if you've got a hardon for Mario and baby games

My TV comes over an antenna. Halo and Call of Duty are mediocre FPS in my opinion although to be honest I have not played a Halo after Halo 2 as there was no PC port and I'm not a big fan of console FPS. NFL...meh, I don't watch the NFL.

So yeah, I'm not randy.

Nintendo needs to dump this thing and release x86 based system, otherwise EA wont be the last developer to dump them. Wait another 6 months, and this thing will be selling for 200 or less.
That's definitely not going to happen.

How many copies of Maddin XX does EA sell on the PS3 or 360? Let me give you a hint it's not even in the top 10 for either system

You need to quit posting.... seriousy

This gen Nintendo and Sony look to be the only option if you want to actually play games....and not have to pay a monthly sub fee to your console provider.

Nintendo could do $250 an $300 respectively or better yet, drop he 8GB one all together and just have the $299 Wii U

Last edited:

Ea didn't dump them.

It's a good console, although it has had poor sales to start. It'll end up having some of the best exclusives of the consoles. Although making it X86 based would have been a much wiser idea on their part probably from porting purposes, as it would just allowed developers to turn down settings on ports instead of having to actually port them, but I'm sure it was done to make it able to work with the processor in the tablet easily.

I personally think the Xbox one and PS4 are the crap consoles, not that I think they're actually bad or anything, but they are redundant to me. I'm sure they'll have a few exclusives that I'll want to play, but for the rest they will be cross platform which makes the consoles weaker versions of my preferred platform. I think because of the x86 based aspect of them, they are actually worse consoles to own for me than a WiiU, since it will have more games that I would actually play on the console.

Ugh, sorry, random ranting, but 239.99 is a good price for it.

Maybe it's just me, but $290 seems like a lot of money to play a 2-D Mario rehash. Especially when you can get games like Alan Wake for a dollar.

Sure there's the Nintendo exclusive argument, but the last few Mario Karts have been mediocre, Skyward sword was bad, and the Mario platformers have been uninspired remakes.

Before you drop loads of cash on this system, wait for some games. Should be common sense.

The Wii U Pad costs like $150 by itself. That's very unlikely.
And there's no way they'll sell the pad as an accessory otherwise it will quickly go down the path that ROB did... it might have a cameo appearance in a game 25 years later :D

And there's no way they'll sell the pad as an accessory otherwise it will quickly go down the path that ROB did... it might have a cameo appearance in a game 25 years later :D
They do sell it separately in Japan, actually.

They do sell it separately in Japan, actually.
It's also a MUCH different market too.

Of course it does matter if they have actual software that utilizes the pad for more than a gimmick, I like ROB was used for like 2 games, Gyromite and something else. Later NES systems shipped without ROB (and were quite a bit cheaper)

This is a good price point for the Wii U basic set. As far as I know, the Deluxe version was a much better value at its regular price points.

I like ROB was used for like 2 games, Gyromite and something else. Later NES systems shipped without ROB (and were quite a bit cheaper)

I'm glad I'm not the only one here that had rob :)
The hardest to use robotic friend ever, lol.

After the Xbox One announcement I keep going back to this thread and consider getting a Wii-U....

After the Xbox One announcement I keep going back to this thread and consider getting a Wii-U....

I would wait until after E3, Nintendo might have a solid lineup that amazes everyone and present a roadmap for the next two years on game releases.

Or they might not have anything other than Mario 3D before the end of the year. It all depends on Nintendo, but it will also give you the chance to see what Microsoft and Sony have. They didn't really show much on games during their events so E3 might be incredible. It's not too far away now, might as well wait. Even at 240 there are still going to be plently Wii U's for you to pick up at Target.

3 of my local Targets still have their shelves full of them, I have not been to any of the other ones they are too far out of my way.

Back