Why OLED for PC use?

You gotta be kidding me. The guy who hates OLED with a passion....actually has the Alienware QD-OLED himself? wtf lol.
Funny It's never about me. It's more about you stuck in a limited range with OLED. The AW still has its usage when it needs to be compared to the next 34" minLED.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
You talk like you have only one room lol. Don't forget it's you stuck inside a cave with a 150nits OLED.
After saying that you live in your mom's basement, and then asking if the room you're in is similar to a padded cell in a psychiatric hospital, you come back at me with this?
I am in shock. I am shattered. I am completely broken. Will I ever recover? Incredibly doubtful.

After saying that you live in your mom's basement, and then asking if the room you're in is similar to a padded cell in a psychiatric hospital, you come back at me with this?
I am in shock. I am shattered. I am completely broken. Will I ever recover? Incredibly doubtful.
You better keep pretending that you don't have OLED, you don't have a room, you are outside staring at the sun lol.

Funny It's never about me. It's more about you stuck in a limited range with OLED. The AW still has its usage when it needs to be compared to the next 34" minLED.

I think you're mixing me up with the dozens of other people in this thread. I have a 32M2V so how am I stuck on limited range with OLED? lol
Whether it's a game with great native HDR support like Hogwart's Legacy or a great AutoHDR game like Lost Judgment, I am most certainly not stuck on OLED's limited range :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• 20230226_142857.jpg
    20230226_142857.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230224_214638.jpg
    20230224_214638.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 0
Don't forget you envy OLED.
I envy self-emissive. I'd prefer Micro LED and I've decided to wait for it or similar before moving on. OLED isn't for me.

Other than that, the rest of us in this thread can only apologise that we don't live up to your strange exacting standards and opinions on display technology.

I think you're mixing me up with the dozens of other people in this thread. I have a 32M2V so how am I stuck on limited range with OLED? lol
You use 32M2v to see similar not if worse images than PG32UQX you could've seen 3 years ago. You stuck with OLED for 3 years to see worse images in the past.

The AW still has its usage when it needs to be compared to the next 34" minLED.
I'm going to take this as you have an OLED purely so that you can sit there and compare it to other screens on your desk, form a twisted extreme opinion, then enjoy attacking people on the internet about it.

I envy self-emissive. I'd prefer Micro LED and I've decided to wait for it or similar before moving on. OLED isn't for me.

Other than that, the rest of us in this thread can only apologise that we don't live up to your strange exacting standards and opinions on display technology.
Then you can wait for a decade.

Opinions doesn't matter. It won't have an impact on how the display technology goes.

I'm going to take this as you have an OLED purely so that you can sit there and compare it to other screens on your desk, form a twisted extreme opinion, then enjoy attacking people on the internet about it.
It's never a twisted extreme opinion. It's a fact nobody can withstand a mere 200nits flickering OLED in a dim room. Try it if you can. You will have eyestrain easily. OLED flickers cannot be fixed. It' the OLED has worse range in HDR so it still cannot be a true HDR1000 monitor.
These won't make OLED suit for PC unless you have special needs.

Fine by me, nothing wrong with what I have.

Says the one spouting opinion for several pages of a thread.

I can think of someone not too far away who may have some special needs.
People buy monitors to see better images. Eyes can see a lot more range. The better the range the better the images are. This is not special needs like you drawing CAD.

People buy monitors to see better images.
Most monitor sales are from people wanting to get their work done.

Eyes can see a lot more range.
True.

The better the range the better the images are.
Only if the image was intended to be viewed in that range.

This is not special needs like you drawing CAD.
It's not a special need at all. I just didn't want a screen that can burn in.

Most monitor sales are from people wanting to get their work done.
It's simple to get the job done. You can use the cheapest office monitor to go through a movie. It gets the job done. It doesn't get the job done better.
Only if the image was intended to be viewed in that range.
Just because most images have to comply with sRGB doesn't mean they are better images. They are only indented in a compromised way in so limited range. Games definitely don't look good in just sRGB. Eyes like high-range images just like eyes like high refresh rates.

With a more capable monitor you can make the image look better at a higher range, you can still see sRGB if you want. But with a worse monitor like OLED, you don't have the option to see a higher range. You get HDR dimmer than SDR instead.

It's simple to get the job done. You can use the cheapest office monitor to go through a movie. It gets the job done. It doesn't get the job done better.
I'm talking about work done by people, not watching a movie on a monitor and describing it as the monitor's job. Stop strawmanning, jeez.

Just because most images have to comply with sRGB doesn't mean they are better images. They are only indented in a compromised way in so limited range. Games definitely don't look good in just sRGB. Eyes like high-range images just like eyes like high refresh rates.
Someone earlier mentioned the concept of skin tones being completely off if you stretch sRGB out to a wider gamut. I'd rather have what you consider "not good enough" than that.

Fake range isn't better. It's putting lipstick on a pig.

With a more capable monitor you can make the image look better at a higher range
Subjective opinion. This is in no way objective technical fact.

I'm talking about work done by people, not watching a movie on a monitor and describing it as the monitor's job. Stop strawmanning, jeez.

Someone earlier mentioned the concept of skin tones being completely off if you stretch sRGB out to a wider gamut. I'd rather have what you consider "not good enough" than that.

Fake range isn't better. It's putting lipstick on a pig.

Subjective opinion. This is in no way objective technical fact.
Only the good HDR monitor has the ability to extend range properly.

If sRGB looks like pig. You'd rather put lipstick on it.

It's all the reason why OLED is so limited to display sRGB without any other better options.

Only the good HDR monitor has the ability to extend range properly.
I don't want to extend the range. I only want to see heightened range if the original source is HDR, which I do almost every day.

If sRGB looks like pig. You'd rather put lipstick on it.
Nope, not me. sRGB is just fine viewed in the range it should be.

It's all the reason why OLED is so limited to display sRGB without any other better options.
Then use something else, sell any OLED you have and stop attacking the choice of others.

I don't want to extend the range. I only want to see heightened range if the original source is HDR, which I do almost every day.

Nope, not me. sRGB is just fine viewed in the range it should be.

Then use something else, sell any OLED you have and stop attacking the choice of others.
I don't know pig images looks fine to you. It's your choice to see limited range anyway if you want to get stuck in limited sRGB that looks like pig as your described.

But it's never about preference in terms of display tech. There are better images and these are not sRGB. And you need a better monitor to display higher range. You won't be able to do it on OLED.

I don't know pig images looks fine to you. It's your choice to see limited range anyway if you want to get stuck in limited sRGB that looks like pig as your described.
What's so wrong about viewing sRGB images in actual sRGB instead of fake oversaturated crap? You make no sense.

But it's never about preference in terms of display tech. There are better images and these are not sRGB. And you need a better monitor to display higher range. You won't be able to do it on OLED.
What people buy, especially those on this forum, is determined by preference. Some prefer OLED, others hate it with such passion they become idiots on this forum.

Is there "better" than sRGB? Yes.
Is sRGB artificially stretched out to wide gamut and luminance "better"? No it isn't.

Forcing that opinion onto others that it is, while trying to claim it's undeniable fact, is pure idiocy.

What's so wrong about viewing sRGB images in actual sRGB instead of fake oversaturated crap? You make no sense.
Why don't you just buy a cheap office monitor to view sRGB? The image will look the same since office monitors can have very accurate sRGB as well.

People buy more capable monitors at a higher range so they can have a choice to transform content into HDR levels. If you buy an OLED then you don't have a choice. Most people don't even watch accurate sRGB but they prefer vivid images instead. High-range images always look better to the eyes than low-range images. This is how our eyes work. This is why HDR exists. This is also why all monitors try to get more contrast and color in the first place.

What people buy, especially those on this forum, is determined by preference. Some prefer OLED, others hate it with such passion they become idiots on this forum.

Is there "better" than sRGB? Yes.
Is sRGB artificially stretched out to wide gamut and luminance "better"? No it isn't.

Forcing that opinion onto others that it is, while trying to claim it's undeniable fact, is pure idiocy.
This is not an opinion. You choose whatever you like. But a better monitor with more range can make you see better. OLED is not a better monitor. You just need to check how the market goes. People will choose the FALD monitor with more range. It's you going to be idiots believing OLED will be popular.

Last edited:
People buy more capable monitors at a higher range so they can have a choice to transform content into HDR levels.
People buy more capable monitors to view HDR content in HDR, not simply to stretch sRGB beyond what it should be.

If you buy an OLED then you don't have a choice.
...which I'm not going to do. As I keep saying.

This is not an opinion.
The idea that stretching sRGB out to something it shouldn't be is better... is opinion.
There is no objective fact that says doing this is better.
If you think it's better, great! Don't try to ram it down everyone else's throat that this is what should be done.
You're no better than a religious preacher with this stuff and it's damn weird.

People buy more capable monitors to view HDR content in HDR, not simply to stretch sRGB beyond what it should be.
Talking like this only reveals that you don't know how people use monitors. Many people like to stretch sRGB a little bit. They don't see accurate sRGB. It's look dull and lifeless anyway. Instead they prefer HDR and want to see as much HDR as possible.
The idea that stretching sRGB out to something it shouldn't be is better... is opinion.

There is no objective fact that says doing this is better.
If you think it's better, great! Don't try to ram it down everyone else's throat that this is what should be done.
You're no better than a religious preacher with this stuff and it's damn weird.
It's more like this is your opinion instead lol.

I already said high range images can easily look better to the eyes. It's very simple. Funny there is even Windows AutoHDR to stretch SDR into HDR. And only good HDR monitors can have good results with AutoHDR.

This is not what should be done. This is what is already done. You deny these simple truths you don't understand you will never have a chance to see better.

Instead they prefer HDR and want to see as much HDR as possible.
It isn't HDR. Artificial stretching is never real HDR from a true HDR source. It's faked. There's a technical fact for you.

It's more like this is your opinion instead lol.
You're right, it is! You're finally getting it. I prefer not to stretch colour spaces, you want to stretch them.

OPINIONS.

Now please stop saying everyone else's opinion is so wrong.

You go and do what you want. I'm not going to force my way on you like you try on everyone else.

You deny these simple truths you don't understand
Definitely sounding religious now.

It isn't HDR. Artificial stretching is never real HDR from a true HDR source. It's faked. There's a technical fact for you.

You're right, it is! You're finally getting it. I prefer not to stretch colour spaces, you want to stretch them.

OPINIONS.

Now please stop saying everyone else's opinion is so wrong.

You go and do what you want. I'm not going to force my way on you like you try on everyone else.

Definitely sounding religious now.
Funny the technical fact is all the color are codes. When you stretch it there will be more colors. sRGB is just a compromised intention compared to high range HDR. With a better monitor you can have the option to see better range compared to having an OLED with no option at all.

You never get it. You have never seen better. It's you go and do whatever you please. There are always better images out there lol.

Funny the technical fact is all the color are codes. When you stretch it there will be more colors. sRGB is just a compromised intention compared to high range HDR. With a better monitor you can have the option to see better range compared to having an OLED with no option at all.

You never get it. You have never seen better. It's you go and do whatever you please. There are always better images out there lol.
...lol, k.

...lol, k.

Better show me what you got. You got nothing to show. You deny these simple truth in the first place lol.

Eyes like high range as it can be more realistic. sRGB is only a compromised intention compared to realistic range of HDR. Funny a limited range can only look more fake than extended range. Only high range image can reach realism. This is what all the the monitors try to do.

Better show me what you got. You got nothing to show. You deny these simple truth in the first place lol.

Eyes like high range as it can be more realistic. sRGB is only a compromised intention compared to realistic range of HDR. Funny a limited range can only look more fake than extended range. Only high range image can reach realism. This is what all the the monitors try to do.
If I or anyone else says or shows anything (which has already happened countless times on this thread), whether it's objective evidence or subjective opinion, you'll deny it, say your way is "better", scream that no one "understands" and start the whole cyclic strawman arguing from the beginning. I've never seen someone repeat the same pointless unimportant nonsense on a forum in my life.

If I or anyone else says or shows anything (which has already happened countless times on this thread), whether it's objective evidence or subjective opinion, you'll deny it, say your way is "better", scream that no one "understands" and start the whole cyclic strawman arguing from the beginning. I've never seen someone repeat the same pointless unimportant nonsense on a forum in my life.

He reminds me of someone on this very forum who was adamant that CRT was the best display tech and everything else is trash whether its LCD/OLED/etc. and if you used anything other than CRT you aren't "seeing better images" because everything would just be a blurry mess and not CRT clear. Boy would I love to see those two go at it lol.

Many people like to stretch sRGB a little bit. They don't see accurate sRGB. It's look dull and lifeless anyway. Instead they prefer HDR and want to see as much HDR as possible.
sRGB displayed in the wrong color space is not HDR. It's simply displaying the content with incorrect colors. If you like people's skin to look like it suffers from a sunburn, then maybe you would prefer it. I prefer not to see artificial sunburns, and I don't understand why you're arguing against this obvious point that sRGB should be displayed in its correct gamut. If distorted colors look better to you for some peculiar reason, then enjoy, but arguing that this is the way to look at this content is ridiculous.

Reactions: Senn
like this
Back