Why no wireless gaming keyboards?

How come nobody is working on a wireless gaming keyboard? A few years ago they said that the lag with wireless would be too much for gaming devices. But now with wireless mice like the Mamba not to mention console controllers I just don’t see why there isn’t at least one. Do all the extra buttons really make that much of a difference.

wireless + gaming doesnt really mix.

how many years have wireless mice been available? and only now have the finally made one that could be considered halfway acceptable (mamba).

wireless + gaming doesnt really mix.

how many years have wireless mice been available? and only now have the finally made one that could be considered halfway acceptable (mamba).

That is true, but now that the tech is good enough for decent wireless mice doesn't that also mean its good enough for decent wireless keyboards? Granted we've only had gaming grade wireless mice for a few months. I just figured that by now someone would have announced its working on a gaming grade wireless keyboard.

I just bought a Logitech Wave wireless keyboard and let me tell you, its been a PITA so far. Constant dropout's get real annoying real quick.

That is true, but now that the tech is good enough for decent wireless mice doesn't that also mean its good enough for decent wireless keyboards?

No it doesn't mean that it's good enough for decent wireless keyboards. Think about it: There are significantly more keys and buttons on a keyboard than a mouse or controller. The tech may not be good enough to handle that much input .

Plus, maybe the market for a wireless gaming keyboard is pretty small. I mean, how big is the market for gaming keyboards in general?

Not very big, but what is the issue with them?

I had several wireless mice (mostly what I consider 'mid range,' logitech, MS, and a few taiwanese brands), and they all had one constant across several computers:
'dropping out' after about an hour of use, in any use.

They would start lagging, and the cursor would sometimes jump about, like nobody's business.

Annyoing, but allright for a business use. (not mission critical, though).

Back