Why is COD4 still expensive?

Hi,

It was and still a fairly popular game. So they [retailers] are bilking it for as much as they can. I would tend to agree it could be a 29.95 type game by now especially with COD5 just right around the corner. Speaking of which, I think they are keeping COD4 high to pay for those nice commericals for COd5. :)

It is highly popular online and probably still sells well. I got it free with my video card.

...Maybe I didn't give it enough chance, but I find the multiplayer terrible - it's so arcady - you die every 20 seconds. I was impressed with the single player game - very nice.

I still have not come across a game better than Battlefield 2 - all of these have disappointed: COD4, Assassins Creed, Crysis, The Witcher - all boring to play - for me at least.

Any want to buy them from me?

...Maybe I didn't give it enough chance, but I find the multiplayer terrible - it's so arcady - you die every 20 seconds. I was impressed with the single player game - very nice.

I still have not come across a game better than Battlefield 2 - all of these have disappointed: COD4, Assassins Creed, Crysis, The Witcher - all boring to play - for me at least.

Any want to buy them from me?

I died more often in BF2 than COD4... but I'm terrible at BF2.

Were you playing hardcore or normal on COD4? If you play smart/stealthy in COD4 you won't die so often. Or you can make a shotgun kit, and play on non-hardcore servers and play it like TF2 :p

I hate COD4 multiplayer... As above, it's too arcadey and the maps seem really fake to me. I'm more of a BF2 guy although I haven't played that in like six months now.

I hate COD4 multiplayer... As above, it's too arcadey and the maps seem really fake to me. I'm more of a BF2 guy although I haven't played that in like six months now.

Out of all the small scale (non-battlefield) FPS games I think COD4 has some of the best multiplayer maps. Chinatown, Crash, Backlot, Overgrown... all amazing maps.

I kinda agree on the arcadey thing though, being able to jump and get headshots is ridiculous. Grenade spam is pretty bad too.

Out of all the small scale (non-battlefield) FPS games I think COD4 has some of the best multiplayer maps. Chinatown, Crash, Backlot, Overgrown... all amazing maps.

I kinda agree on the arcadey thing though, being able to jump and get headshots is ridiculous. Grenade spam is pretty bad too.

WTF is ridiculous about a headshot?

I could be wrong, but if someone is shot in the head with a Barrett .50 cal in real life, they die, in 1 shot.

I dont know why it costs so much.
Just buy a copy from someone who got it with a video card purchase

$38 = expensive? LoL. wow.

Its been out over a year dude. You cant be that cheap.

It is highly popular online and probably still sells well. I got it free with my video card.

Same here.

The game is still fairly popular. Until they start to see a decrease in either usage or purchases then I don't think their going to drop the prices.

Just take a look at the Halo series. Those games were still $49.99 even after a year or two they were out.

I could be wrong, but if someone is shot in the head with a Barrett .50 cal in real life, they die, in 1 shot.

you didn't really address his question. if you run around jumping in real life gun fight, then you pretty much deserve to die. also, grenades are meant to be used very strategically.

as for a barret .50, if you can jump with that and hit the broad side of a barn then i would be impressed. if you survive that in the chest, then i would also be impressed.

I could still jump and shoot on BF2, I'd go snake style mashing jump and prone at the same time and people would just run away. Besides headshots while jumping isn't bad, I mean wtf that sounds like pure ownage to me unless you're just spraying and praying with random bullets everywhere which doesn't defy laws of physics. So either way your super awesome and just pwn or it physically possible and I don't see what all this trash talk is about. COD and BF2 are different games, get use to it. I've been playing COD multiplayer since orig COD and I think COD4 is amazing.

@OP
You can buy a legit key for like $20 off ebay and then torrent the dvd iso.

I could still jump and shoot on BF2, I'd go snake style mashing jump and prone at the same time and people would just run away. Besides headshots while jumping isn't bad, I mean wtf that sounds like pure ownage to me unless you're just spraying and praying with random bullets everywhere which doesn't defy laws of physics. So either way your super awesome and just pwn or it physically possible and I don't see what all this trash talk is about. COD and BF2 are different games, get use to it. I've been playing COD multiplayer since orig COD and I think COD4 is amazing.

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. i'm either laughing with you or at you :confused: either way i'm laughing right now.

Your assignment is to get a Barrett and jump around with it while trying to shoot. Video tape it and report back. I would say rent one, but any range would tackle you the moment you jumped.

Your assignment is to get a Barrett and jump around with it while trying to shoot. Video tape it and report back. I would say rent one, but any range would tackle you the moment you jumped.

make sure to get the tackle on video as well.

its still 50 fucking bucks in canada which is bullshit considering much better games such as the orange box (30-40 bucks) are cheaper

Pssh, I can dual wield Barretts while driving a motorcycle and hit a penny a mile away.

It's called "staying power" my friend. Kinda like Mercedes, Lexus, MacBook Pro, etc. Good products hold onto their value over time.

I think it is cheap right now. They are also offering that game free with some XFX video cards right now if I'm not mistaken.

It's called "staying power" my friend. Kinda like Mercedes, Lexus, MacBook Pro, etc. Good products hold onto their value over time.

Agreed, Its like trying to find Oblivion for less than $25 anywhere. Good titles hold their value. Equally true its why FC2 was at gogamer.com for $32 the week after it was released

Back