Who's afraid of Flashing a GT?

kogo

n00b
It's clear that ][=][ardness is definately a commodity on the [H]ardForum.
To all those fearful of flashing a GT on within it's first days of delivery...

Grow These.

Right now she's loaded with nVidia Ultra R2. I'm gonna put a personal bios in tommorow, until then, stock voltage will have to do. 435 \ 1.19 ghz seems reasonable enough.

GT-and-PEP.jpg

Raptors.jpg

The-Obsolete.jpg

Disgrace.jpg

Speeds.jpg

Right then, you would have me risk my $400 card for an extra 5mhz on the core and 40mhz on the memory. That'll net me a whole half a frame. You'll have to forgive me for using both sides of my brain. You could have put the money you sunk into that heatsink into an Ultra and have OCed to 450/1200 easy.

I didn't mean to threaten your value system, dude. I simply had the old PEP lying around.
If you aren't comfortable with free ]=[ardness in the form of a bios upgrade, that's ok. For this reason alone, nVidia won't catch on to us quite as quick :] Aditionally, I always feel the need to remove stock thermal pastes and pads, substituting arctic silver in their places. After the ATI 9800Pro heatsink fiasco, I never guess again.

Hah, the good ol' Alpha PEP lives on... Gotta dock a few points for the ghastly two slot solution tho! :p Interesting ram sinks there but dude... You've gotta do something about that mess of cables, it looks like it could eat jump out and trap a man...~ :D

Impulse said:
Hah, the good ol' Alpha PEP lives on... Gotta dock a few points for the ghastly two slot solution tho! :p

Ummm that looks like a 4 slot solution.... 1 AGP + 3 PCI slots unusable

Think that will fit in a shuttle XPC if I get one? :)

Thats the whole mobo if you're using a microatx board.

Alein vs Preditor vs kogo
and kogo wins :D

Kudos to you and your enginenewatea!
Great mod The [H] is within thee!!!!
Post how ya do with the bios.

But......
Dang Mathusala is envious :eek:

Not really a good overclock, for such a mod. Maybe once you up the volts you can get more. Also... why not just hit prtscn instead of taking a pic with your camera? :p

The truly [h]ard use phase change.

Come on man, at least put a peltier on that thing ;)

i've got an old PEP66 laying around my house somewhere. did you just drill some holes in the HSF?

you should be getting better than 435MHz though. i've got mine there with stock cooling.

yup, I also use to be into that whole modding a big heatsink on a video card thing until I realized that it didnt jack for performance so I've learned not to even bother anymore. :p

Ehh, the cables aren't so bad. Their apparant density is mostly an illusion cause of the lack of perspective on the shot. Yes... I did put some holes on the HS. I drilled them out, and tapped them after. Remember, this is just a precurser to my new bios. Im cranking up the volts, and I'm not stopping until I hit 460. I noticed some of you are in SD; I'm in coronado. You have any friends that are down to lan and stuff? We all play DC. I have about 5 friends locally that are completely awesome. We should make some events.

Yeah, I played cs back when I was in 8th grade. Fuck... that was like over 5 years ago.

Back