• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WHO LOVES WOW!

kick@ss said:
I hate to break it to you, but you will probably really grow tired of the end game stuff quickly as a paladin. I'd suggest leveling your mage some more, it's a lot more fun.

I totally agree with you about my paladin, in fact, I haven't really played that character for more than 15 minutes in over a month. The second I picked up my mage, I realized how different and how much more entertaining the experience of the game is. And the fact that I can actually kill mobs of equal lvl with my mage without having to grab a snack and surf the web because my pally doesn't deliver any damage is a great change of pace. I plan I re-visiting my paladin soon, however.
 
Squishead said:
I have been playing it for six months and I still really enjoy the game...I have a 51 Pally and 33 mage. I haven't experienced end-game stuff, maybe that is why I still like it :)

If you ever roll a new toon. Come join the [H]ard Guild on stormscale! :) and experience the horde side of things.
 
i used to not like the game at all, thought it was boring. THen i talked to the [H] Guild and, i switched servers, rolled a new character, and am having a blast. The quests are entertaining, and being in a guild is always better, so i dont have to talk to myself anymore. Always got guildies willing to help me out
 
kick@ss said:
Hunters are somewhat useless except against Magmadar, where you need one.
erk

I play a hunter on Nerzul. Your statement is a bit odd. Hunters do insane amounts of damage. With damage meters, I am often in the #1 or #2 spot in raids ( it's usually neck and neck with a rogue ). I almost always out damage the caster classes unless I'm sitting out the fight ( mana regen ).

So yes, if you do not want dps in MC, then hunters are worthless.
 
wow is boring and im glad to be saving my $15 per month again.. it WAS fun while i played it for 6 months, but you can only collect feathers, get ganked, and grind so much before you're bored and had enough
 
XOR != OR said:
erk

I play a hunter on Nerzul. Your statement is a bit odd. Hunters do insane amounts of damage. With damage meters, I am often in the #1 or #2 spot in raids ( it's usually neck and neck with a rogue ). I almost always out damage the caster classes unless I'm sitting out the fight ( mana regen ).

So yes, if you do not want dps in MC, then hunters are worthless.
You must have some crappy rogues and warriors.
 
kick@ss said:
You must have some crappy rogues and warriors.
This is true. As a rogue, the only classes that have a chance to catch me are mages, warriors and ridiculously equipped shamans. I could probably use 1 dagger and outdamage a hunter.
 
Like some people mentioned on page 1. I bought it, I signed up for the 6 month plan (not knowing I would get billed for all 6 months at once...yeah, I am an idiot...) and played it for like 2 weeks. Got to an 11 Undead Rogue and got bored as hell. F*ing level 3 bats just wouldn't leave me alone.

The game started off great, and every time I see gameplay movies of it on G4 tech tv it looks great, but then I remember that it was semi-boring for me.

Funny thing is, I still have an active account. Expires in Sept. I might reinstall and start playing a "dreaded" pally because, hell I just want to kill things and tank.

For now though its all about GW and my Second character a little Lvl 11 Ele/Mo :-D
 
dudewth said:
This is true. As a rogue, the only classes that have a chance to catch me are mages, warriors and ridiculously equipped shamans. I could probably use 1 dagger and outdamage a hunter.
Whoa, some serious misconception on hunters here.

*shrug*

Your loss. The fact is, end game, the hunter is right up there with rogue as far as sustained dps. A mage can outdamage me in the first few seconds of combat ( assuming my aimed didn't crit ), but after that it's all over.
 
abudhu said:
Like some people mentioned on page 1. I bought it, I signed up for the 6 month plan (not knowing I would get billed for all 6 months at once...yeah, I am an idiot...) and played it for like 2 weeks. Got to an 11 Undead Rogue and got bored as hell. F*ing level 3 bats just wouldn't leave me alone.

The game started off great, and every time I see gameplay movies of it on G4 tech tv it looks great, but then I remember that it was semi-boring for me.

Funny thing is, I still have an active account. Expires in Sept. I might reinstall and start playing a "dreaded" pally because, hell I just want to kill things and tank.

For now though its all about GW and my Second character a little Lvl 11 Ele/Mo :-D

or you could play horde witht he Guild. Everything is more fun with people.
 
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
or you could play horde witht he Guild. Everything is more fun with people.

Hehe, that might have been a problem. Everyone I knew was already a lvl 40+ character who were off trying to get mounts while I was like "How the hell do I do this lvl 4 quest?!" Hehe. I dunno, I will reinstall it today, I'll send my character name out to the Horde and see.

To each his own, GW proves a much more interesting, and graphically pleasing game to play. That and GvG (Guild vs Guild) is just amazing amounts of fun :)

Or perhaps it was simply the Horde/Undead side that was boring. So dark and bleak. Everytime I see one of those Warriors dressed exactly like the footman in Warcraft it makes me smile. Its just sad I don't believe I would have the patience or TIME to get it.
 
Some of you guys only think of classes in terms of DPS.

Each class in WoW were designed for a reason.

1) Warriors are for tanking
2) Rogues are for 1v1 DPS
3) Pallies are for tanking and back up healing
4) Mages are for Burst AoE
5) Warlocks are for mage's assistant and Constant AoE
6) Hunters are good for low constant dps with low aggro

.... and so on.

You just can't compare two classes side by side. It doesn't matter how bad a rogue can own a warrior. Because the rogue will always get fuxored by a warlock or a mage. Classes are circular by design to reinforce one another.
 
WoW is a bad MMO, i would elaborate but most of you wouldnt care. Also, yes i have played - i have a 60druid/rogue and 55priest on blackhand.
 
gizo said:
1) Warriors are for tanking
2) Rogues are for 1v1 DPS
3) Pallies are for tanking and back up healing
4) Mages are for Burst AoE
5) Warlocks are for mage's assistant and Constant AoE
6) Hunters are good for low constant dps with low aggro

.... and so on.

You just can't compare two classes side by side. It doesn't matter how bad a rogue can own a warrior. Because the rogue will always get fuxored by a warlock or a mage. Classes are circular by design to reinforce one another.
1) Warriors are for tanking and DPS
3) Paladins are not for tanking, they're nowhere nearly as good as warriors at it. In some situations (lower level instances or easier encounters) they can backup tank.
4+5) AoE is VERY little of a mage/warlocks's overall damage. There are very few areas where you actually AoE.
6) Aggro managmenet is not an issue if a rogue has a clue.

Rogues don't own warriors, it's the other way around. Enrage + MS crit with an arcanite/spinal reaper = rogue going down fast. Rogues can easily dominate warlocks... that's like the easiest class for a rogue to beat.
 
gizo said:
6) Hunters are good for low constant dps with low aggro
While I can't speak for the rest of the list, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong.
 
MemoryInAGarden said:
From most damage meters in parties that I've seen (maybe I've just been having poor Warlocks in pickup groups), warlocks often bring up the rear in damage output, unless the imp is out, with the exception of people who are SOLELY healing. There are classes that are much better to suited to back-up healing than the paladin. The druid has a wider range of heals and many times more mana and a higher intelligence than the paladin. A shaman can also back-up heal more effectively than the paladin as they can heal multiple targets at the same time with totems. That means that the shaman himself can heal more with the help of a totem or maybe do something else besides healing if the totem is up and you have an additional healer. IMO, Paladins have the mana to heal themselves and possibly one other person. We aren't full healers, we aren't full tanks, and we aren't damage dealers. A well played paladin can certainly bring more to a group as a whole than a hunter or even a rogue. Rogues have no capacity to buff the group, all they can do is whack away. Hunters have some auras, but these are usually not of much benefit. Neither class can heal at all or tank as well as a paladin. The paladins who are stuck on the rear as priests in plate need to be more assertive in their role as a hybrid class that has the ability to do a lot of what a group needs, and not be so docile as to be the back row cleanse bot.

I hate to break it to you, but you are a level 60 noob. You know nothing of what the classes roles are in end game, expect to get laughed at. Paladins take the back seat when MC comes around.. believe me.
 
XOR != OR said:
While I can't speak for the rest of the list, I can tell you that this is flat out wrong.

I truely wish I could group with you to see your hunter. Hunters flat out, no way possible, can outdamage a compitent rogue or mage.

I can open with a 1k+ ambush, I have a 50% chance to crit with backstab. Which will give me 1k plus each time. 5 combo points later, I cb and get another 2k+crit. I have a 20% chance to crit on everything else.

I'm not even a "great" rogue.

I've never had anything but a mage outdps me. A shaman started "Trying" to outdps me and he was staying about even.

I'm still a bit of a noob though, so i don't know.
 
EricNS said:
WoW is a bad MMO, i would elaborate but most of you wouldnt care. Also, yes i have played - i have a 60druid/rogue and 55priest on blackhand.

There's a difference between a bad MMO and one you don't like... If it were a bad game it would have been reciever far, far less well than it was by both the gaming community as well as critics.
 
It was great till around 45 or so. Went downhill quickly after that.

I've got a lvl 60 and an alt halfway there, but don't think I'll ever play again. Hmm, I should probably just cancel my account.

I jumped in for a few days when they added the two battlegrounds, but that got pretty old, pretty quick. I kept thinking, "hmmm, I had more fun with q2ctf."
 
Any game will get boring if you add no variety. I went from a paladin to a priest that I'm playing seriously now. Totally different experience.
 
1st off I am amazed that people have kept their cool in this thread. I was expecting a flame bait :)

Anywho,
After starting a new character (Lvl 9 Pally) I really wish there was two changes. And if there is a way to change this please, for the love of god someone tell me.

1) If you are using "Click to move" That the LEFT Mouse Button be the Click to move, and the RIGHT mouse button be to move around the camera freely while you run.

2) Quest MAP Markers. Dear god, how I utterly hate reading "travel ____ and Kill this." Especially when I don't know where ____ town/city/location is on my map. It'd be so much nicer to have a map marker display with each quest so you can towards it.

In a related matter, the game is actually semi-more fun this time around. Still a bigger Guild Wars fan, but hell. I have both installed, and I play both. Not sure why people just can't love both. O'well to each his own.
 
abudhu said:
1st off I am amazed that people have kept their cool in this thread. I was expecting a flame bait :)

Anywho,
After starting a new character (Lvl 9 Pally) I really wish there was two changes. And if there is a way to change this please, for the love of god someone tell me.

1) If you are using "Click to move" That the LEFT Mouse Button be the Click to move, and the RIGHT mouse button be to move around the camera freely while you run.

2) Quest MAP Markers. Dear god, how I utterly hate reading "travel ____ and Kill this." Especially when I don't know where ____ town/city/location is on my map. It'd be so much nicer to have a map marker display with each quest so you can towards it.

In a related matter, the game is actually semi-more fun this time around. Still a bigger Guild Wars fan, but hell. I have both installed, and I play both. Not sure why people just can't love both. O'well to each his own.

1) Is why I bound "toggle autorun" to wheel-click. Click the wheel, and then use right-drag to change direction (or QAED).
2) Is why I have thottbot and wow/allakhazam open on the other computer. (Everyone has two computers, right?)
 
kick@ss said:
1) Warriors are for tanking and DPS
3) Paladins are not for tanking, they're nowhere nearly as good as warriors at it. In some situations (lower level instances or easier encounters) they can backup tank.
4+5) AoE is VERY little of a mage/warlocks's overall damage. There are very few areas where you actually AoE.
6) Aggro managmenet is not an issue if a rogue has a clue.

Rogues don't own warriors, it's the other way around. Enrage + MS crit with an arcanite/spinal reaper = rogue going down fast. Rogues can easily dominate warlocks... that's like the easiest class for a rogue to beat.

1) There is no way warriors are any good for DPS. The warriors on our guilds are equiped with arcanite reapers and their damage comes no where even close to the rogues. Warriors are trully good for tanking and holding aggro. They are not DPS machines.

2)I aggree with you that Pallies aren't main tanks, but off tanks.

4+5) Mages and warlocks are damn good for AE in all 10 -15 man ubrs, lbrs, strath, and scholo instances. In fact, in our guild, that is all we do. We do ubrs in 50-55 minutes flat everytime. I have screen shots if you guys need proof. Fuck single pulling and sheeping when you can have 3-4 mages with a warlock AEing shit to death.

Rogues own warriors so damn easily. In our guild, we have rogues that are 5 levels below any warriors and they can whoop them with out using any timers at all. Rogues just bends warriors over with cheapshot, backstab, evicerate and gouge.

Rogues can own any cloth wearer pretty good. But warlocks are damn hard to beat if they have their succubus out. charm and fear + dot for the win! Also warlocks do have the abilities to .5 sec cast voids and use their voids as a shield as well.
 
gizo said:
1) There is no way warriors are any good for DPS. The warriors on our guilds are equiped with arcanite reapers and their damage comes no where even close to the rogues. Warriors are trully good for tanking and holding aggro. They are not DPS machines.
Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
AHhahahahahahahahahah.
No. Wrong. I'm sorry, but you're completely clueless.
http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;3906789;;/fileinfo.html
Try watching that and then tell me that warriors don't deal good damage.

gizo said:
4+5) Mages and warlocks are damn good for AE in all 10 -15 man ubrs, lbrs, strath, and scholo instances. In fact, in our guild, that is all we do. We do ubrs in 50-55 minutes flat everytime. I have screen shots if you guys need proof. Fuck single pulling and sheeping when you can have 3-4 mages with a warlock AEing shit to death.
I significantly doubt you make it through UBRS in 50-55, but we'll pretend you do.

gizo said:
Rogues own warriors so damn easily. In our guild, we have rogues that are 5 levels below any warriors and they can whoop them with out using any timers at all. Rogues just bends warriors over with cheapshot, backstab, evicerate and gouge.
Your guild must have some really shitty warriors. Somehow based on your comments I doubt you've even made it through UBRS. BTW, that is like the worst ever opener against a warrior.

gizo said:
Rogues can own any cloth wearer pretty good. But warlocks are damn hard to beat if they have their succubus out. charm and fear + dot for the win! Also warlocks do have the abilities to .5 sec cast voids and use their voids as a shield as well.
Yeah, because warlocks really have the succubus out that much.
 
kick@ss said:
Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
AHhahahahahahahahahah.
No. Wrong. I'm sorry, but you're completely clueless.
http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;3906789;;/fileinfo.html
Try watching that and then tell me that warriors don't deal good damage.

I significantly doubt you make it through UBRS in 50-55, but we'll pretend you do.

Your guild must have some really shitty warriors. Somehow based on your comments I doubt you've even made it through UBRS. BTW, that is like the worst ever opener against a warrior.


Yeah, because warlocks really have the succubus out that much.

What UI was that guy using in the video?
 
One of our mages did 100k+ damage to Rag the last time we killed him. Rogues, hunters weren't even close. Talisman of Ephimeral Power + 300 Frost damage gear FTW! I used his mage the other night and crit one of Domo's healers for 2019 with a frostbolt.

As for warriors not DPS machines, LOL @ you sir. We have two tanks on Rag, one as a backup and 4 other warriors doing DPS. Below 20% Warriors will destroy most other classes in terms of DPS. Ever heard of Execute + Obsidian Edge Blade + Full Rage? Try top 15 in terms of DPS.

As for rogues to Martin, just wait man. We have a rogue with Perdition MH and Gutgore in the OH. He ambushes for 1900 and BS's for 1700 all crits.

www.immortalisguild.org
 
D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
There's a difference between a bad MMO and one you don't like... If it were a bad game it would have been reciever far, far less well than it was by both the gaming community as well as critics.


It's bad for several reasons:

1. There is no communication between the players and the devs, CM's are incompetent tools and should be fired.
2. The game is trying to be balanced around both PVP and PVE. This does not work.
3. Terrible job of accounting for mudflation. (this directly effects the PVP and PVE balance issue)
4. Lack of penalties for screwing up. (this one i guess is personal.)
 
EricNS said:
It's bad for several reasons:

1. There is no communication between the players and the devs, CM's are incompetent tools and should be fired.
2. The game is trying to be balanced around both PVP and PVE. This does not work.
3. Terrible job of accounting for mudflation. (this directly effects the PVP and PVE balance issue)
4. Lack of penalties for screwing up. (this one i guess is personal.)

There are over a million players, what would you suggest? There is a suggestion forum that is read, and I will agree that there needs to be more communication, but this does not make the game poor. There are PvP and PvE servers, you can pick which one you like and all classes can be effective in PvP, even if some have advantages. I'm not sure what mudflation is, and the lack of penalties is a godsend. If I lost XP for every time I died I'm not sure how much longer I would play this game.
 
EricNS said:
It's bad for several reasons:

1. There is no communication between the players and the devs, CM's are incompetent tools and should be fired.
2. The game is trying to be balanced around both PVP and PVE. This does not work.
3. Terrible job of accounting for mudflation. (this directly effects the PVP and PVE balance issue)
4. Lack of penalties for screwing up. (this one i guess is personal.)

2) GW Does this very well though :)

4) (edit misread you statement) The penatly system is fine in WoW. Though I simply cannot stand death in WoW. For the sole reason I always seem to enter a graveyard that in clear across the map and literally, on most cases, spend 5-10 minutes running back to my body. Using the Ghost there is never an option. Who wants a 25% hit on all your gear after already getting -2-3hit on your gear aleady.
 
JustinSane said:
What UI was that guy using in the video?
It's mostly default except for the thing that shows damage above his head. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but if you look around curse-gaming.com for a while I'm sure you can find it.
 
kick@ss said:
It's mostly default except for the thing that shows damage above his head. I don't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but if you look around curse-gaming.com for a while I'm sure you can find it.

Yup thats what I want the damage and spells above the head.
 
D1sc1pl3 0f Mal1c3 said:
There are over a million players, what would you suggest? There is a suggestion forum that is read, and I will agree that there needs to be more communication, but this does not make the game poor. There are PvP and PvE servers, you can pick which one you like and all classes can be effective in PvP, even if some have advantages. I'm not sure what mudflation is, and the lack of penalties is a godsend. If I lost XP for every time I died I'm not sure how much longer I would play this game.


A million people cant be wrong, or misinformed can they???

You're right there are PVE and PVP servers, so balance the PVP servers around PVP and balance the PVE servers around PVE.

Mudflation is what is causing melee to vastly over take casters in the DPS department. Mudflation is the trickle down of the top gear to the masses. The top gear should be a reward to the people that play the best, not something that everyone is entitled to.This problem is making casters easily dispersed, they have very little defense against a non retarded melee.

In an MMO, you need penalties. It is a deterent to mudflation, as well as a reinforcer for good play. People dont play better if they arent forced to, and right now they arent.

2) GW Does this very well
4) (edit misread you statement) The penatly system is fine in WoW. Though I simply cannot stand death in WoW. For the sole reason I always seem to enter a graveyard that in clear across the map and literally, on most cases, spend 5-10 minutes running back to my body. Using the Ghost there is never an option. Who wants a 25% hit on all your gear after already getting -2-3hit on your gear aleady.

You're right, it does, but GW isnt WoW unfourtanetly or i wouldnt be disappointed.

I address the penalty system above, you can look at it there.

** I'm not saying that you should not play WoW, or you should not be having fun with it, im only saying that in its current form, it is somewhat broken and could be a whole lot better(which can happen with MMO's since they are somewhat of a permanent beta type game). Unfourtanetly i do not think it will be fixed before Vangaurd comes out, which i do hope is a better game at release, and feel that it does have the chance to be consider its maker is the same as the most successsful and fun MMO i've played. Brad mcquad (f'ing last names) made EQ and was with it up untill Velious, after that it was Sony's game and no long part of "The Vision" **
 
Question: What sort of penalties would you like to see implemented? I am curious.
 
Just a correction to my last post. I did ubrs last night, and there was a warlock who outdamaged myself and everyone else by an enormous amount. It was absolutely crazy. (17% or something in a 15 man raid).
 
Question: What sort of penalties would you like to see implemented? I am curious.

** THIS IS HOW IT WOULD WORK IN PVE **
PVP, the way things currently is fine imo.

An exp penalty is always a good motivator, but it has to be implemented correctly. This is how i would do it:

If you die, you, not your group, you lose X amount of exp (i feel that 5 bubbles of exp would be fair.) . You do not take equipment hits from deaths, only from use. If you die, you have a couple of choices to make and those are:
1. Run back to your corpse, gain no exp back and take a 75% hit to gear.
2. Get ressed by the spirit healer, you got 70% of you exp back, but take a 50% hit to gear quality. You also have to run or be summoned back to the group.
3. Get ressed, this would need a re-evaulation of current spells.
A)Shaman and Paladin rez would both be for 75% exp and you would only take a 20% hit to gear.
B)Druid rez would be a 75% exp and you would only take a 15% hit to gear.
C)Priest rez would be 85% exp and you would take a 15% hit to gear.

Talents would be in place in the appropriate trees to increase the benefit of these resses.
 
kick@ss said:
Ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Ahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
AHhahahahahahahahahah.
No. Wrong. I'm sorry, but you're completely clueless.
http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;3906789;;/fileinfo.html
Try watching that and then tell me that warriors don't deal good damage.

I significantly doubt you make it through UBRS in 50-55, but we'll pretend you do.

Your guild must have some really shitty warriors. Somehow based on your comments I doubt you've even made it through UBRS. BTW, that is like the worst ever opener against a warrior.


Yeah, because warlocks really have the succubus out that much.

Hey, why am I completely clueless when you are the one that obviously have not done UBRS in the time our guild has?

I can't watch the video right now. but i will be sure to do so when i get home. I will also post up some screen shots later just to prove your dumb ass wrong. If you're lucky, I'll also frap a video tonight of our ubrs run.

Out of curiosity, what dps do your rogues and warriors maintain in battle? Cause I know for sure my hunter maintains around 150 -200 avg dps while my mage maintains 350-2500 dps. I'm pretty sure rogues can maintain their dps at around 500 avg.
 
abudhu said:
After starting a new character (Lvl 9 Pally)

Another promising soul lost to the degradation of the alliance, we mourn your lost. :(

Did you at least start on stormscale so we can hunt you down? :)
 
]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Just a correction to my last post. I did ubrs last night, and there was a warlock who outdamaged myself and everyone else by an enormous amount. It was absolutely crazy. (17% or something in a 15 man raid).

Our mages and warlocks always hit the 16% mark worth of damage. Rogues rank up there too with 14% usually. Then the warriors, pallies and hunters.

When we can't get a good group together ending up with only one mage and one warlock. My mage always gets 20% + worth of the overall damage.
 
Back
Top