Which X570 board to get if I want SLI?

M76

[H]F Junkie
So that's the question.
I almost ordered an ASUS Prime X570-P, when I realized that it does not support SLI regardless of ASUS touting on the product page how the X570 platform is optimized for both crossfire and sli.

I'm looking for a board that has at least 3 X16 slots, and supports 2 way SLI.

The obvious move would be the Prime X570-PRO but for slightly more I could get a ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, which seems to be the higher end model.

I'm not specifically looking for ASUS, but I'd like to avoid MSI. What do you think?

So that's the question.
I almost ordered an ASUS Prime X570-P, when I realized that it does not support SLI regardless of ASUS touting on the product page how the X570 platform is optimized for both crossfire and sli.

I'm looking for a board that has at least 3 X16 slots, and supports 2 way SLI.

The obvious move would be the Prime X570-PRO but for slightly more I could get a ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, which seems to be the higher end model.

I'm not specifically looking for ASUS, but I'd like to avoid MSI. What do you think?

the strix F looks like a higher end model but in fact the prime pro, F, and E are pretty much the same boards. there's just 1 or two features that are different and depends on whether or not they are important to you is the only thing that differentiates them. also the prime pro is pretty similar to gigabyte's x570 ultra as far as features go. check buildzoid's youtube channel he has separate video's talking about msi, asrock and asus's x570 board lineups.

i was pretty much in the same boat as you trying to figure out what board i wanted until he posted his video's.. pretty sure i'll be going with the gigabyte ultra. can't bring myself to buy another asrock board and i'm not a fan of what asus did with their vrm's even though it'll still technically work fine. but at the same time i'm kinda scared of past issues with gigabyte's bios with x370/470 so we'll see how that goes.

Reactions: M76
like this
the strix F looks like a higher end model but in fact the prime pro, F, and E are pretty much the same boards. there's just 1 or two features that are different and depends on whether or not they are important to you is the only thing that differentiates them. also the prime pro is pretty similar to gigabyte's x570 ultra as far as features go. check buildzoid's youtube channel he has separate video's talking about msi, asrock and asus's x570 board lineups.

i was pretty much in the same boat as you trying to figure out what board i wanted until he posted his video's.. pretty sure i'll be going with the gigabyte ultra. can't bring myself to buy another asrock board and i'm not a fan of what asus did with their vrm's even though it'll still technically work fine. but at the same time i'm kinda scared of past issues with gigabyte's bios with x370/470 so we'll see how that goes.
Yeah, the Prime Pro and the F Gaming seemed like they are virtually the same board. The Gigabyte is a bit steeply priced for me. I was looking to spend $300-350 tops. Guess I'm sticking with the Prime Pro.

Got a ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING after all. Found an offer I could not refuse. I get a 512GB M.2 SSD bundled with it that's worth at least $100. And it's only $30 more than the Prime PRO.

Got a ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING after all. Found an offer I could not refuse. I get a 512GB M.2 SSD bundled with it that's worth at least $100. And it's only $30 more than the Prime PRO.
Very nice :)!

Reactions: M76
like this
Gigabyte x570 Aorus Pro is also worth a look. Seems like only the Wifi version is easy to find at the moment though.

Both are good suggestions but I've already got a board as I've said. I wish I had a CPU too, but it's still impossible to get your hands on a 3900X here in central EU.

mindfactory seem to have some coming in soonish according to their website https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/AMD-Ryzen-9-3900X-12x-3-80GHz-So-AM4-BOX_1313647.html

Most other places I checked seem to have them as preorder still.
It seems like a marketing tactic. At least it was on another site where I pre-ordered from. They advertised as it will be delivered on 07.23, but a few days after ordering they sent an "update" that it will be available on 31st. But since I didn't pre-pay I can cancel my pre-order any time if it pops up at another seller in stock before that.

Back