Which SLI board?

Almost all my boards have been Asus over the last 15 years. The A8N-SLI is the first board that I decided to RMA. Buggy buggy buggy. Maybe better with the latest bios but it's been how many bios now? A lot to get it stable.

I'm going with the Gigabyte. I hate MSI's quality control. DFI should be great if they continue with their quality offerings. So go Giga or wait for the DFI. ;)

ShuttleLuv said:
The A8N has improved with the latest bios update. Lots of stability fixes. But I'd personally wait for the DFI offering. :)

Is the latest right now 1004.001 off of the ASUS' German FTP site, or is there an even newer BIOS out there now?

xenon expert said:
Almost all my boards have been Asus over the last 15 years. The A8N-SLI is the first board that I decided to RMA. Buggy buggy buggy. Maybe better with the latest bios but it's been how many bios now? A lot to get it stable.

I'm going with the Gigabyte. I hate MSI's quality control. DFI should be great if they continue with their quality offerings. So go Giga or wait for the DFI. ;)

Good luck with the Gigabyte. I've actually had better luck with MSI then Gigabyte, so that's why I went with it. Hopefully we'll both be posting praise posts about our boards in a week or so, just hope Newegg didn't sell out the MSI when I ordered.

I figure, the board I'll trust the most that is currently out right now is the A8N. But if I have no luck with it, then I'll switch to the DFI when it comes out.

LittleMe said:
I figure, the board I'll trust the most that is currently out right now is the A8N. But if I have no luck with it, then I'll switch to the DFI when it comes out.

Let me know how it works out on your end. A lot of people don't have a lot of problems, so odds are you will be okay...although if nothing else I do somewhat suspect your chipset fan will go out, that seems to be pretty common even on otherwise perfect boards.

xenon expert said:
I'm going with the Gigabyte. So go Giga or wait for the DFI. ;)
Giga K8NXP SLI is a stable board with so many features that unmatched when comparing it with other SLI mobo. The only draw back is stability above htt 290 which I need for heavy overclocking with phase change cooling on cpu. For regular use and gaming this board is perfect ;)

Back