- Joined
- Oct 29, 2000
- Messages
- 42,407
Hey,
I am putting together a FlexRAID box. I got an open-box special on a motherboard that has 5 SATA slots on it. One will be used for the booth drive, the remaining four for FlexRAID drives.
I want to add to these four with a separate SATA controller. I'm looking to get at least 4 drives on the same controller, that way I'll have 9 total SATA connectors which will - down th eline - be able to fill the drive bays of the case i got.
Do you guys have any good SATA controller recommendations?
I originally liked this one as it is the only one on Newegg with SATAIII and 4+ ports, but the reviews are mixed.
I know the drives will come nowhere near needing SATAIII, but I figured it might help speed things up for reads to the drive cache. Maybe a SATAII card is a better choice?
I plan on primarily using WD Green 2TB and 3TB drives.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Matt
I am putting together a FlexRAID box. I got an open-box special on a motherboard that has 5 SATA slots on it. One will be used for the booth drive, the remaining four for FlexRAID drives.
I want to add to these four with a separate SATA controller. I'm looking to get at least 4 drives on the same controller, that way I'll have 9 total SATA connectors which will - down th eline - be able to fill the drive bays of the case i got.
Do you guys have any good SATA controller recommendations?
I originally liked this one as it is the only one on Newegg with SATAIII and 4+ ports, but the reviews are mixed.
I know the drives will come nowhere near needing SATAIII, but I figured it might help speed things up for reads to the drive cache. Maybe a SATAII card is a better choice?
I plan on primarily using WD Green 2TB and 3TB drives.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks,
Matt