Which RTX 4090 card are you planning or consider to get?

Yeah I had my eye on Suprim Liquid, but was a little disappointed the temp delta from the best air cards seemed to be only 2-5C (58C AIO vs 62C air for example). Or maybe its a symptom of the HSF of the air cards being that much better than 30-series, as they were perhaps sized and then overbuilt for a 600W original design. In any case I'll be picking up Suprim 4090 air version instead, to not have the clutter of a two-part AIO connected by umbilical.

The main advantage to Suprim Liquid seems mostly just if you need to preserve PCIe slots and keep a 2-slot form factor.

I have the Supreme Liquid on the way. From the TPU review, while the temps weren't noticeably quieter, the fans did run several hundred RPMs lower and was quieter by about 3 dbs. The combination of overbuilt 600w air coolers and the Suprim running very quiet would be why the delta in temps isn't as big.

Still deciding if I want to get the FE, though.

Yea let's wait a few days/weeks before making any judgments. It could be retailers didn't want to order too much inventory in case they didn't sell well. Now that demand is shown to be high, retailers will be ordering more stock soon.

Told by whom though? MLID, JayzTwoBraincells and other bait-Youtubers pulling things out of their ass for clicks?

In any case supply will probably equalize within a couple weeks.
Add Kyle to the bunch
There are going to be LOTS of these in NA. There is more inventory for this product than almost any card I have ever seen launched in NA at any price. I guess NV was betting that Ethereum POS would be pushed off again. Watching inventories will be interesting.

Nvidia is the hand that feeds in this relationship so....yeah.

Are you saying Nvidia is asking their partner to refuse to ship inventory of 4090 to not sold has many of them that they could ? With enough of a stronghold to enforce it ?

I mean maybe, but why ?

Are you saying Nvidia is asking their partner to refuse to ship inventory of 4090 to not sold has many of them that they could ? With enough of a stronghold to enforce it ?

I mean maybe, but why ?
To sell 30series. Partners might not even want to ship it themselves because they need to sell 30series.

To sell 30series. Partners might not even want to ship it themselves because they need to sell 30series.
Only releasing the ultra expensive 4090 is doing that, yes I can fully see 4080 and even lower being ready and keep in warehouse.

Very few people wanting a 4090 will back down to buy an Ampere series

Only releasing the ultra expensive 4090 is doing that, yes I can fully see 4080 and even lower being ready and keep in warehouse.

People with 2080ti's and below that want a 4090 for $1600-$1800 may definitely cave and get a $900-$1200 3090/3090ti on impulse if they can't get access to a 4090.

I think it might be a bit of psychological gymnastics.

"Dang, I really want a 4090, but I can't find it anywhere... do I really need a 4090? This 980 Ti is too slow... maybe a 3090 would be fast enough... Oh, it is, and it's a lot cheaper!!!"

Looking at eBay for 4090 FE it pretty much confirms that nothing got sold in U.S. I did here bestbuy sell it in Canada and all the listings are in Canada. If it had sold in U.S I bet there would have been few listings there.

Bestbuy also has it now pick up on the 19th but unavailable. Seems to be a change there. I won’t be surprised if they drop them soon here in the U.S for instore pick up only.

Looking at eBay for 4090 FE it pretty much confirms that nothing got sold in U.S. I did here bestbuy sell it in Canada and all the listings are in Canada. If it had sold in U.S I bet there would have been few listings there.

Bestbuy also has it now pick up on the 19th but unavailable. Seems to be a change there. I won’t be surprised if they drop them soon here in the U.S for instore pick up only.
I actually chatted with a BB customer rep the night before launch and they assured me that there would be plenty of stock. Pretty much lied to me IMO. If the 30 series launch didn't teach them to be more prepared nothing will.

I actually chatted with a BB customer rep the night before launch and they assured me that there would be plenty of stock. Pretty much lied to me IMO. If the 30 series launch didn't teach them to be more prepared nothing will.
lmao if you believe anything anyone at BB tells
you ive got a bridge to sell you

its all computerize stock tracking and deliveries at levels they dont have access too, they arent "in the know", theyre all full of shit

Something is going on.

They probably do have a lot and haven’t launched em yet here. Either letting aib’s selling first Or may be wanted to offload all the 3090 Tis first, I am leaning towards this now. Which I think they did because it’s been selling out a lot each time it comes back in stock on BB. They have been selling lot of them given how it goes in and out. I think nvidia probably wanted to offload those first.

FWIW pretty much any CSR reachable by online chat is usually sitting in another country and generally doesn't know anything. Specific information like stock levels isn't something circulated to low level employees - not the ones in the store, not the chat CSR's. They'll say whatever they can to get you off the chat.

Something is going on.

They probably do have a lot and haven’t launched em yet here. Either letting aib’s selling first Or may be wanted to offload all the 3090 Tis first, I am leaning towards this now. Which I think they did because it’s been selling out a lot each time it comes back in stock on BB. They have been selling lot of them given how it goes in and out. I think nvidia probably wanted to offload those first.
It is very possible that Nvidia, knowing the massive amount of RTX 3000 stock they need to sell through, decided to let AIBs have first crack at the RTX 4000 generation... as a gesture of good faith.

Also, the fact that there were so many AIBs ready to go on launch day pretty much confirms that Nvidia has been sitting on the Ada Lovelace chips while trying to sell through their leftover RTX 3000 stock. They simply couldn't wait any longer as I'm sure they are bleeding money just letting the new RTX 4000 stock sit there; they needed to start moving some new, high-end product in order to satisfy their stock holders.

It might also explain why RTX 4080 and 4070 (4080 12GB) cards are priced so high; they don't want them to sell just yet, and they can't afford to have another RTX 3000 fire sale on their mid/lower-end products. It would hurt their bottom line too much.

TL;DR let the new RTX 4000 cards release, but at a crazy price, and make the RTX 3000 cards look like a good deal. Win/win... except for the consumer.

Looking at eBay for 4090 FE it pretty much confirms that nothing got sold in U.S.

No, 4090 FE got sold, they just haven't delivered to most people yet. But it also seems it was regional, as some regions didn't light up at all. Probably next week.

Edit: (from Discord -- and 100 more where these came from)

1665708993246.png

1665709021721.png

1665709347588.png

Last edited:
No, 4090 FE got sold, they just haven't delivered yet. But it also seems it was regional, as some regions didn't light up at all. Probably next week.

I wanna believe you but I have seen 0 proof of it. They are moving so many 3090ti first. Never in ebay history I have seen 0 scalpers reselling from U.S. there would be at least one FE in the U.S if they sold them here. All listings are form canada.

Last edited:
I wanna believe you but I have seen 0 proof of it. They are moving so many 3090ti first. Never in ebay history I have seen 0 scalpers reselling from U.S. there would be at least one FE in the U.S with . All listings are form canada.
Nvidia knows the 4090 FE is completely overbuilt, and at $1600, the other AIBs don't stand a chance. US is their biggest market, so instead of making their AIBs cards look like a complete rip off compared to the FE, they hold the stock back and let it do a slow drip into the market.

Makes perfect sense to me.

My Suprim Liquid arrives tomorrow. Ordered it today via Newegg when it restocked. Can't wait to mess with it.

Kyle said in this very thread stock was unprecedentedly high. It still could be, with Nvidia just holding it in warehouses.
Historic stocking levels in NA for a "halo" card. I have the feeling there are still a lot left in the channel that are not on shelves yet, but not sure why. Still figuring out the two story. Should know more soon.

Did any of you get that GFE link to buy the FE through BestBuy? I have 4x 3090 Ti and didn't get jack shit.

I now know of 4 separate people who simply walked into Microcenter and bought the Strix 4090 OC.

This GPU launch is equal to piss and shit and Nvidia can choke on a bag of dicks.

I now know of 4 separate people who simply walked into Microcenter and bought the Strix 4090 OC.
MC's across the US did not start selling out till late yesterday some still had stock this morning, gone now.

Historic stocking levels in NA for a "halo" card. I have the feeling there are still a lot left in the channel that are not on shelves yet, but not sure why. Still figuring out the two story. Should know more soon.

I am wondering the same. I have seen BB not really drop much FE, they say some people got some but I got no notification even lol or saw it go live. May be they did in some regions. They have been selling loads of 3090tis on sale for 1099 that stacks with 10% off coupon so like 989+ tax. Seen it go in and out of stock and people do seem to be picking that up. May be they are hoping frustrated buyers pick up 3090s, zotac had theirs on sale through amazon too under 1k.

You think it has to do with moving the 3k series left in the channel. Just control release of the 4090s? lmao.

You think it has to do with moving the 3k series left in the channel. Just control release of the 4090s? lmao.
Don't like to tinfoil hat this, but that is surely something Nvidia would do to control channel inventory movement.

Reactions: NKD
like this
MC's across the US did not start selling out till late yesterday some still had stock this morning, gone now.
The closest MC to me is ~ 3.5 hours away. In other words, there was no way for me to get a card other than buying it online - which I couldn't do because of the pathetic launch (on NewEgg, BestBuy etc.).

The closest MC to me is ~ 3.5 hours away. In other words, there was no way for me to get a card other than buying it online - which I couldn't do because of the pathetic launch (on NewEgg, BestBuy etc.).
Bummer. I have a huge one very close to me.

same here mine is 2 and half hour away. Can't really drive there with the way I am busy. May be if I am around there one day and still haven't lmao. Amazon seems to not give a shit about GPU launches either. I don't think they care too much and rather sell it as demand settles down.

For me it seemed if you really tried to get a card at launch time on Newegg you could have gotten one, they were in stock for a decent amount of time (long enough to order one anyway, nothing like the 30 series was) and were going in and out of stock for hours after.

For me it seemed if you really tried to get a card at launch time on Newegg you could have gotten one, they were in stock for a decent amount of time (long enough to order one anyway, nothing like the 30 series was) and were going in and out of stock for hours after.

Newegg does see to go all out on as much stock as they can I think. It was the same with x670e boards. BB and Amazon barely had any but newegg had shit ton for days.

That's exactly what's happening. 3090/Ti's are expensive to make, and the longer they sit on shelves, the more obsolete they become. It is in Nvidia's best interest to clear the channel of their previous generation halo products. Otherwise, Nvidia now has their super expensive previous gen halo cards competing with their less expensive mid/high-end products. No company wants that.

Back