• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Which computer is the fastest?

I have to ask.... Why not build your own?

Because this is the Computers & Gadgets forum, where you ask about pre-built computers.

As for the actual computers listed, umm, well depends what you plan to do with the computers first. Second, IBUYPOWER is a sketchy/shady brand. Even if you get the rig through Newegg, the return and support is through IBUYPOWER and that's not an enviable position to be in if you need help on something.

If you are talking strictly gaming, and depending on the monitor size you are using (which affects your resolution), generally the first one with the 9800 GTX+ is gonna be a step ahead of the others with 9800 GT unless you are gaming at pretty low resolutions. The Q9400 is a much better multimedia/encoding CPU though than the Phenom X4 9850. For the computer from NCIX is everything supposed to be at the default positions? Just want to check for that before making any comments.

I'd strongly recommend looking at some other options than these three personally.
 
I have to ask.... Why not build your own?

I was waiting for this response.

Because I don't know how to install the processor or motherboard. Plus my cable management would look like absolute sh**!

Because this is the Computers & Gadgets forum, where you ask about pre-built computers.

As for the actual computers listed, umm, well depends what you plan to do with the computers first. Second, IBUYPOWER is a sketchy/shady brand. Even if you get the rig through Newegg, the return and support is through IBUYPOWER and that's not an enviable position to be in if you need help on something.

If you are talking strictly gaming, and depending on the monitor size you are using (which affects your resolution), generally the first one with the 9800 GTX+ is gonna be a step ahead of the others with 9800 GT unless you are gaming at pretty low resolutions. The Q9400 is a much better multimedia/encoding CPU though than the Phenom X4 9850. For the computer from NCIX is everything supposed to be at the default positions? Just want to check for that before making any comments.

I'd strongly recommend looking at some other options than these three personally.

I wish I had more options, but being in Canada limits me to:

ncix.com
tigerdirect.ca
newegg.ca
dell.ca
voodoopc (yeah right)

Unless someone can put together a PC on NCIX for a $1300 CDN budget.
 
Is your primary goal gaming? If so, what resolution do you play at/monitor size. What else do you plan to do with the computer? I'm going to guess it has to be pre-built, although do take a look at a tutorial or two about putting together a computer sometime. If we know what you are looking for and what your budget is it becomes easier to make recommendations. There are some options like barebones and then installing extra components/upgrades if you are willing to do some of that work other than the motherboard/cpu/heatsink.
 
I'm going to be using it mainly for gaming and my budget is $1300 CDN. Don't know about resolution yet as I still have to buy a monitor. Gonna borrow my borther's in the mean time. I'm planning to get a $300 LCD widescreen. Probably 22 inches.

I'm deffinitely going to build my next PC whenever I get it, but for now I still don't trust myself to do it properly. So don't ask!!!!
 
I'm deffinitely going to build my next PC whenever I get it, but for now I still don't trust myself to do it properly. So don't ask!!!!

I'd recommend taking the leap and building one. It would be a great learning experience and not nearly as complicated as you think. Plus your money will get you more if you build your own. You gotta take those training wheels off sometime. If you're unsure about compatibility of certain components, just post a list in the forums here and anyone will help you out.
 
Unless someone can put together a PC on NCIX for a $1300 CDN budget.

Easy:
http://pc.ncix.com/ncixpc/ncixpc_print.cfm?uuid=29906BA0-F7F8-4016-8A45A3D5B70035C4-2147087&skulist=27784|1-33130|1-30418|1-25228|1-31061|1-26048|1-26415|1-22438|1-31186|1-27144|1-33902|1-25983|1-31567|1-33602|1-31543|1-33601|1

The Asus P5Q Pro and HD4850 are better choices than the 750I FTW and 9800GT of the NCIx build you listed. The HD4850 outperforms the 9800GT. The Coolermaster RC-690 is a better looking than yet equal cooling to the Antec 900. The $28 CAD for the E8500 is not worth it so stick with the E8400.

So pick the Vesta XFire Z3600, make the changes to match the link I provided, and you'll be set.
 
I'd recommend taking the leap and building one. It would be a great learning experience and not nearly as complicated as you think. Plus your money will get you more if you build your own. You gotta take those training wheels off sometime. If you're unsure about compatibility of certain components, just post a list in the forums here and anyone will help you out.

That's why there's [H]:D
 
Alright you guys. I give. I'm gonna go watch some videos on building computers on youtube and see if I can figure out how to put in the motherboard and processor.

If there are any more suggestion for $1300 CDN budget gaming PC's, I'd appreciate you posting the specs.
 
btw, you will probably be saving at least $300 building similar setups yourself.
 
installing the mobo is easy.
installing the processor is easy.
installing the heatsink is hard. getting the right thermal compound thickness and seating the sink properly will take you the longest amount of time.
every other component is a piece of cake, a bunch of mindless "dont fit the round peg into the square hole" business.

good luck!
 
installing the mobo is easy.
installing the processor is easy.
installing the heatsink is hard.
Correction, installing a socket 775 heatsink is hard. Installing a socket AM2, 939, 478, etc. was the easiest thing ever, I don't know why intel made it so much harder. Even Socket A was easy to install compared to a stock 775 heatsink.

The thermal compound is simple. Just put a dab on the center of the cpu, put your finger into a small plastic baggy and spread the compound around the cpu. Artic Silver practically spreads itself in a uniform manner by itself somehow.
 
LGA 775 and LGA 1366 heatsinks aren't actually that bad, you just have to know how to do it.
Put the mobo on a piece of cardboard and then put the cardboard on a thin carpet or something similar (place mats work great) and push on each corner diagonally until you hear it click, easy as pie. Though sometimes they don't click so check the back to see if they click all the way or not.

LGA 775 processors are easy to install, just line up the two slots in the side of the CPU and then set it, GENTLY, into the socket and then put the retaining bracket on top of it and push the lever closed (This takes a surprising amount of force so don't be to conservative with it.)

PM me and I can make you a guide with pictures on how to do it.
 
I saw this thread and immediately thought the following as a response:

"The fastest computer is the one you haven't built yet..."

I would even hazard to say if people want buying recommendations for OEM boxen (regardless of who makes it) there are a few thousand other forums that can do just as well for that purpose. :)

So now I'll say: you should build it yourself and learn something in the process. As far as Socket 775 heatsink, I can put one on in about 20 seconds, take one off in 10. What's the big deal? They always get installed the same way, always removed the same way. Once you've done it a few times (that dreaded experience again, gotta get some, right?) it's an absolute non-issue.
 
If you are not building, get the Phenom system, with quad core and 9800GTX+. 9800GTX+ has about the same performance as the HD4850. Phenom is slower than an Intel CPU but at 2.5GHz, it is fast enough for most usage. I would choose a quad core instead of a dual core right now.
 
When building a computer, there may seem like a lot of connections/ wires/ plugs. 99% of the stuff only fits one way in one place, so its hard to mess up. Deinately take the leap and build you own. Have good experience and save some CDN...
 
Back
Top