When will we embrace UT3?

Well, maybe i dont aim very well with it. Come to think of it, i've insta killed a few with the enforcer in a dm or two. btw in ut2k4 there was no enforcer,there was an assault rifle

True but it wasn't terribly useful. It was a really weak weapon. If you dual wielded a couple of them it was quite effective but not by themselves.

The nades were useful enough to be cut down to 1 at spawn in competitive european TDM tournaments. Basically you'd chuck the nades down a hall and pickup the shock, sometimes you'd get lucky, which is exactly why they were cut down originally in competitive Euro TDM and then it made its way to America.

Also, the enforcer secondary is 100% useless.... I can fire three shots more accurately in primary just as fast as it takes me to fire the three round burst and then wait for it to "reload"

True but it wasn't terribly useful. It was a really weak weapon. If you dual wielded a couple of them it was quite effective but not by themselves.

Oh yeah, and what i liked is that those rifles had grenade launchers too. Whenever I got 2 of them, i'd ditch any weapon i was using for the dual rifles and dual grenades. Thats missing in ut3.

Oh yeah, and what i liked is that those rifles had grenade launchers too. Whenever I got 2 of them, i'd ditch any weapon i was using for the dual rifles and dual grenades. Thats missing in ut3.

Even the 'deemer??! :p

I finally got a chance to play the retail version of UT3.. and WOW it is much different from that lame beta demo. The game is awesome better than I thought, and must I say the graphics look better.. I know I'm late with this discovery but yeah, UT3 is really good. I'm embracing UT3 now..

Each game offers the same exact style, speed, and method of game play. The entire game is executed almost identically in each game . Each game is only beefed up with nicer graphics, maps, and different or tweaked gamemodes. In it's essence UT2k4 = UT3. How are the mechanics of CTF in UT2k4 any different than in UT3?

Some people will never understand this aspect of online FPS gaming: these sequels, remakes or whatever are NEVER EVER the same as the games before them. The absolute best example on the market is Counter-Strike--Source vs. 1.6. People don't like to admit it (threads about it on the Steam forum are abruptly closed), people on one side of the fence or the other have trouble hitting the nail on the head (the people who like Source tend to exhibit particularly low IQs), but it's pretty fucking simple: THEY ARE NOT THE SAME GAME. No matter how similar the movement, the spread patterns, the recoil patterns, the mouse responsiveness, the key binding, the in-game UIs, they will never be the same game. They will always play as differently as night and day and everybody who knows a thing or two about playing FPS games online knows it. And this is talking about two games that were intentionally made to be as close to identical as possible, but the fine detailing differentiates them beyond reconciliation.

People will naturally gravitate toward one or the other, and it's usually the older one (CoD 4 is unique in its popularity compared to its predecessors). The same pattern is evident in Battlefield 2 vs. Battlefield 2142, Quake 4 vs. Quake 3, and Wolf:ET vs. ET:QW. I personally am in the camp that the old games just plain play better than the new ones, no matter how ugly they might be.

Back