HardOCP News
[H] News
- Joined
- Dec 31, 1969
- Messages
- 0
Technology is awesome…except when it is used against us. This speed camera not only catches you speeding, it checks your insurance, seatbelt and calls the cops.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I think it is a great idea, as long as it is implemented properly.
Any measure to keep people from harming themselves or others is most welcome in my book.
You can release these in the states, only when you increase the speed-limit by 20mph. 10 to put the speed limit back to within reason and another 10 so we have a reasonable hardline to avoid since these camera's will probably be hitting right at the limit.
I've actually seen speed limits reduced in the various areas I've traveled lately despite a lack of construction or road changes of any sort. I guess its an easy way to generate revenue and prolong the time it takes to move about.
A 55mph speed limit on a 4-5 lane highway (8-10 across the barrier/median) that is flat and devoid of heavy traffic or road construction is ridiculous.
If you say so. City next to us saw a steady (as in not just the first month) double digit % drop in accidents at all the intersections that had red light cameras installed a few years ago. They are going to turn a bunch of them back on after being off/uninstalled. Sounds pretty scientific enough to me.I support the useless spending on devices that take people's hard earned money and that have shown no scientific evidence for actually increasing safety.
If you say so. City next to us saw a steady (as in not just the first month) double digit % drop in accidents at all the intersections that had red light cameras installed a few years ago. They are going to turn a bunch of them back on after being off/uninstalled. Sounds pretty scientific enough to me.
I'd check her seat belt any time![]()
You can release these in the states, only when you increase the speed-limit by 20mph. 10 to put the speed limit back to within reason and another 10 so we have a reasonable hardline to avoid since these camera's will probably be hitting right at the limit.
I've actually seen speed limits reduced in the various areas I've traveled lately despite a lack of construction or road changes of any sort. I guess its an easy way to generate revenue and prolong the time it takes to move about.
A 55mph speed limit on a 4-5 lane highway (8-10 across the barrier/median) that is flat and devoid of heavy traffic or road construction is ridiculous.
Uninsured drivers are the worst scum of the road... So,... I guess I approve of this.
I've been quoted as much as $4000 per year to insure a '99 Mustang GT. I have insurance, but I can see why some people would go without.
I think it is a great idea, as long as it is implemented properly.
Any measure to keep people from harming themselves or others is most welcome in my book.
My apologies in advance to any Americans of British ancestry.
Why do you think we left?
That's a lot of what has made this country. People who got fed up at home and wanted to try for something better.
The problem is where do we go once we get fed up?