whats your power bill each month?

I like my house cold 68-70, so we are at 60 winter and 350 summer. Arizona sucks ass 26 years of this baking I'm ready to move to cold and rainy.

lol u like big electric bills?? How about $2500-3000. although we got a bit of stuff running here

14 IT people all living under one roof (frat house). old building *think late 1800s shitty mansion* with only window unit ACs and a fridge per room

my setup *most of non-pc stuff is on about 6 hours per day*
2-3 Desktops on ALL the time
2 laptops
1 netbook server
32 LCD
3 20ish" monitors
xbox 360
HTPC

other guys setup 24/7 everything (average of other ppl in house)
i7 Rig
4 20" monitors
32" lcd TV
xbox+ps3 alternate

server rack *as best i can remeber*
2 Netapp Filers + 2 DS14 fully load Disk arrays w. 12 15k SCSI
Cisco IDS
Poweredge Server twin 200W always at max load
Nortell VPN connectrator
2 Cisco Catalyst 3500XL 48 port switches
Custom Astrix PBX
Security Monitor Server/DVR
3 .11n APs
PIII Server (dont remeber which kind) SUCKS MAD POWER!

lol u like big electric bills?? How about $2500-3000. although we got a bit of stuff running here

14 IT people all living under one roof (frat house). old building *think late 1800s shitty mansion* with only window unit ACs and a fridge per room

my setup *most of non-pc stuff is on about 6 hours per day*
2-3 Desktops on ALL the time
2 laptops
1 netbook server
32 LCD
3 20ish" monitors
xbox 360
HTPC

other guys setup 24/7 everything (average of other ppl in house)
i7 Rig
4 20" monitors
32" lcd TV
xbox+ps3 alternate

server rack *as best i can remeber*
2 Netapp Filers + 2 DS14 fully load Disk arrays w. 12 15k SCSI
Cisco IDS
Poweredge Server twin 200W always at max load
Nortell VPN connectrator
2 Cisco Catalyst 3500XL 48 port switches
Custom Astrix PBX
Security Monitor Server/DVR
3 .11n APs
PIII Server (dont remeber which kind) SUCKS MAD POWER!

wow that is insane. $2k/$3k/month?

2 words for you:

Virtualization
Colocation

For the guys with $200+ electric bills, how many cents per KWh are you paying?

Jan-10 $50.73 408 kWh
Feb-10 $75.78 515 kWh
Mar-10 $89.09 589 kWh
Apr-10 $83.41 536 kWh
May-10 $85.22 536 kWh

Energy efficient 2200sqft home in southern California's high desert. 1 supermico server, 1 custom i7, 1 custom core 2 quad htpc all on 24/7 with UPS and routers/switches, 2 tvs, 2 xboxes (not on all the time of course). I been tracking my usage since I moved in, in December.

$45 CAD on average. its about 15c/kWh including all fees.

i run a server, but i discovered sleep/wake on lan and 5 seconds of waiting is worth saving $11 a month
24h*30d*0.15c*.1kW

2 computers run 24/7, but they are our laptops which are both Lenovo x61s (low voltage cpu means only 15W to run system)

the gaming rigs use a bunch though :p

Man. I would kill for a $200/month electricity bill. Anyone <$100, I hate u. I really hate PG&E rates in California. The baseline is so damn low and when u hit 300% of baseline you're paying five times as much for electricity. Baseline is $0.11/kwh but at 300% usage its $0.49/kwh.

haha i live in the (530). pay $50 max. we've got 3 desktops running all the time, and we watch a crapload of tv on our 40 inch.

$150-175 in summer, $300-350 in winter

All electric house. Hallowell Acadia heat pump/AC, electric tank water heater (no gas on street and I don't want to bring in propane tanks), electric appliances.

Ok it's not $330 its $313. :(

Powerbill.png

$0. Work pays for the power. It is metered when it comes on campus, so there really is no way for them to bill each apartment.

What the hell!

Mine hasn't been sub 400 for a few years now and I've only got one server and 2 desktops, and one plasma.

Bill for last month was $53.

Server, HTPC, desktop, 2 laptops, 50" LCD TV
All computers are left on 24/7

$156/mo average according to OGE.
I don't have a lot of computers any more, I think a lot of the bill is due to my wife.

WTF is wrong with you guys. I thought I was a power hog with my old p4 and that was it and my electricity in the summer was 30 bucks. I bought a mac mini this month to replace my old 6 year pc and my electricity bill went down to around 20 dollars now.

I don't understand how you can pull $30 off even without a PC. For those of you with such cheap bills, obviously having gas heat/water heating, what do you pay for your electricity+gas+oil bills combined?

I don't understand how you can pull $30 off even without a PC. For those of you with such cheap bills, obviously having gas heat/water heating, what do you pay for your electricity+gas+oil bills combined?

my mac goes to sleep when I'm at work and I leave everything in the apartment off including lights. When I'm home I only have lights on in the room I'm in and when I'm out on my deck looking at the forest behind my apts I turn all the lights off and just enjoy the glow of the moonlight and the haze off my laptop screen as I do support calls in the cool midnight air :p.

A lot of things are expensive up here around Vancouver, but power is not one of them :D

I guessing chopstick is in an apartment with water heating that isn't paid for directly and owns nothing. That's what I have and I'm paying twice his.

Just moved so I dont know the new average but, without checking, I believe my old average was right around $120/mo.

Here in the UK... .

Electricity typically £30 per month =40$ i guess.

No need for AC here!

In our apartment, we use about ~1000 kWh a month. Bill is usually around $70 a month during the fall and spring. Around $80 a month during the summer and winter (well...when it is colder like 20F). Missouri's rate is like $0.067 per kWh.

This includes a q9650 @ stock and a sossaman rig running 24/7 which is not so bad on power consumption. It is roughly ~190kWh a month for my printer, router, modem and both rigs running 24/7. About 70kWh for my dryer, about 36kWh for my fridge and a whopping 3.3kWh for my washer. All of my bulbs are CCFLs, so most of the power used is from heating and cooling. I wish I could hook my kill-a-watt up to my water heater and ac/heating unit :/.

well i've probably got a lot of u guys beat.

- my heating is an electric furnace

- i rent my basement as a 2 bedroom apartment, all inclusive

i'm in Ontario, Canada. my city water/sewage charge works out to around $100/month, its a flat rate they don't check usage here unfortunately:( so take about $100 of these prices for actual hydro cost.

summer i have had bills around $150-175. i have central air but rarely use it.

winter the bastard rages up as high as $650

i somehow managed to drop mine to about $40 a month, from about $90 before, even though now i got a Q9400 @ 3Ghz running 24/7...........

I'm at about $150-200 a month but the good news is I have 2 other roommates and we split the bill so it's not so bad...all together we have 3 desktops, 4 laptops, 3 TV's and other miscellaneous shit.

I'm at about $150-200 a month but the good news is I have 2 other roommates and we split the bill so it's not so bad...all together we have 3 desktops, 4 laptops, 3 TV's and other miscellaneous shit.

How much is that in Energon cubes?

PG&E here in San Fran runs me around $70 per month give or take. You can see my rig in my signature.

No A/C in the house. I run gas heat and stove.

According to TCEMC I'm paying .08442 for the first 300kWh and .08142 for any kWh between 301 - 1000. Bill usually runs around $70 per month.

1 x P3 running 24/7
1 x 26' HDTV @ 18hrs per day
1 x 19 inch CRT tv at 12hrs (+/-) per day
CH/A, electric, running throughout the day, and thermostat setting @ 75F

Have only been here since January, but the bill was slightly cheaper January - April (like $60 or so)

2 bedroom, second floor apartment.

wow that is insane. $2k/$3k/month?

2 words for you:

Virtualization
Colocation

Well with a small mansion with a bunch of college/grad students living here it EATS power. (fraternity house)

hell our bar stereo is about 3000Watts+ and that gets used every day in the summer and once a week in the winter. Plus we got 14 rooms with everyone running 1+ gaming PCs. Then we have the server rack running some serious power (refer to my previous post). It aint a pretty sight.

The power bill has more to do with the peoples rooms/xboxs/ps3s/gaming PCS/numerous 46"+ Tvs

i wish i could lower it but .....people are thick

Back