What's your fastest folding box?

marty9876

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - February 2006
Joined
Jun 11, 2003
Messages
4,906
Single cpu only, anyone got some crazy folding overclocks going?

Nothing special here, 3.2 stock P4 / 3.06 P4 @ 3.4 but it had a brain fart and is back to stock till I deal with it.

I'm just wondering how quickly one cpu could spit out a WU.
 
my fastest (GHz only) boxen are my 2.66GHz at work... and/or my P4 2.4C here at home that I have clocked to 3.0....


Keep on Folding!!

 
I F@H and I am using well see my sig for more info

I also fold with 2 other Dells running at 1Ghz each and there doing nothing but folding
 
I have my own folding team but my lead box is a 3.8ghz HT Xeon,. my second is and AMD64 3000+ @ a mild 2.2ghz. Also have a linux RH9 2.0XP Barton running F@H
 
iNViSiGOD said:
I have my own folding team but my lead box is a 3.8ghz HT Xeon,. my second is and AMD64 3000+ @ a mild 2.2ghz. Also have a linux RH9 2.0XP Barton running F@H

Come to the dark side Luke.......
 
I've got a couple of P4 3.2s a few 3.0s, quite a few 2.66. Two Barton 3200+s at stock. One A64 3300+. My personal main box is a barton at 2.3GHz, but she's an old Barton and amazingly does this on stock voltage.. doesn't like anything much more then that. Also quite a few POS boxes of less then 2GHz


 
I try and get everyone i can to fold. I srtongly believe in the good it helps with, so when i build a personal comoputer (not a work box) for someone i always strongly try and convince them to fold. Back on tpoic; Nice farm there [H]ugh_Freak, goold lil cluster.
 
Thanks, yeah its not a bad one.. but Marty is still kicking my ass. Trying to borg enough to catch up to him.. gonna get there eventually :D


 
Deacon in my Sig, but I plan on getting a XP-M and DDR-400 Before long. I want to put off jumping on the 939 Bandwagon for as long as possible. GF (Gir below) needs More help than I do ATM.
 
Technically, I guess my fastest rig in stock Ghz would be my P4-M 2.0 Northwood ;)

That, however, cannot be overclocked (makes me sad too, since northwood's were awesome)

So my XP 2500+ @ 2.2Ghz takes my torch and runs with it :D

 
2.3 Barton (fastest of mine)
2.0 Throughbred
1.33 Thunderbird
 
HAHA
my 2 fastest machines are laptops!
3400+ AMD 64 LAPTOP (main moblie machine)
and
2.53GHz P4 LAPTOP (overclockix running 2 clients)

Main at home is a:
3000+ AMD 64 @ 2.2GHz

then a couple hand full of 2GHz machines
and 2 - 1.6GHz Durons running at 2.2GHz
 
I like my RH9 boxen. It runs the console based F@H on a barton 2500+ And w/ my coolermaster aerocool tuns at like 37c, estimated seeing as how i have no temp monitor for RH9.

Runs nice and cool, the AMD64 runs about 54c when using WIN32, but here again i dont have a temp monitor ffor WIN64.
 
A64/3200+ at 2450 MHz
(It goes through GROMACS like tissue)

AXP 2500+ at 2300 MHz
(see comments above)

AXP-M 2200+ at 2000 MHz
(low voltage; low speed fans; it's my wife's PC and she HATES noise)

AXP-M 1800+ at 2000 MHz
(It's a DLT3C; unlocked; and loafing at that speed)

My current philosophy - quality, not quantity.
 
My fastest:

Athlon64 3200+ (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2)
AthlonXP 2400+
Duron 1.0Ghz
 
Actually, right now I think my fastest box is a 2200+ athlon at stock (grandma's box).

Stupid squid. Calamari, anyone?
 
Let's see... in the home garden I have my A64 3500 2.2 running at 2.4. I'm sure it could do better if it weren't for the incredibly cheap ram its running. The work garden has my Xeon 3.06 non HT, it shreds units pretty well, but not as good as the A64. And being a stock IBM there isn't an OC'ing option to be found.

 
Can't rightly say. I have 3 contenders for my fastest Box (it depends on the core):

Athlon XP-M 2500 @ 2.3Ghz

Sempron 3000+ S754 @ 2.1 Ghz

Pentium-M 1.8 Ghz

The Pentium M definately wins based on Points per Ghz.


 
man my fastest is an Athlon 64 2800+ although my dad's Pentium M 1.3 is quite close based on ppGhz. Can't wait till I get a job before my first farm is online.
 
That would be the dual Opteron 248. :)

But since you want single CPU only, the P4 3.2E
 
I just have my lonely 2.4ghz with ht enabled and 256mb with a 60gb as my fastest machine. The rest just happen to be dual machines running at least 866mhz-450mhz.
 
Nobody is over 4 gzh on one cpu? Me thinks I need a Vapo deally
 
3.2E@3.6GHz. On Air. 5500 RPM HSF is driving me nuts. The Vapo deally is still sitting in a box. Got 25 days left to use it or sell it. Installation is harder than it looks. Expecting a care package from the Egg this week. All excuses will be gone. Kind of excited to see how server 2003 x64 and XP x64, perform on a moderately clocked 3400+ A64. I am so in over my head, hopefully some of you folks will be online saturday and sunday, I definitely need all the help I can get.

 
My fastest would be the rig in my sig. One of these days I'm going to find a way to get the damn thing to run faster stably. I know this mobile has more in it considering how easy it was to get to this speed.

 
Currently, my pc at work. P4 2.8, soon to be a P4 3.2 w/ HT (woo! that's why you make friends with the IT guys).

Hopefully soon though I will be able to get a A64 3000 for home and OC it a bit.

 
Leadman584 said:
3.2E@3.6GHz. On Air. 5500 RPM HSF is driving me nuts. The Vapo deally is still sitting in a box. Got 25 days left to use it or sell it. Installation is harder than it looks. Expecting a care package from the Egg this week. All excuses will be gone. Kind of excited to see how server 2003 x64 and XP x64, perform on a moderately clocked 3400+ A64. I am so in over my head, hopefully some of you folks will be online saturday and sunday, I definitely need all the help I can get.


Let me know if you decide not to use that Vapo. I might want to experiment :)
 
unhappy_mage said:
Actually, right now I think my fastest box is a 2200+ athlon at stock (grandma's box).

Stupid squid. Calamari, anyone?
2800+ or p4 2.4... whichever's faster ghz-wise. my borgs:p

and yeah... i'm up for some calamari.
 
Mobile XP 2400 (45W) at 2.4GHz 1.95V, 12x200MHz
NF7-S
1GB Corsair C2PT

Barton 2500 at 2.2GHz, 1.85V, 11x200MHz
Shuttle SN45G
512MB Corsair C2PT
 
Back
Top