A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
What kind of system? A64 or P4? Lower latencies tend to OC better because there is more room to "loosen" the timings and run the RAM faster. Ideally, lower latencies coupled with higher speeds is your best combo.
In simple terms, the higher the latency/timings, the slower the RAM communicates because of the timed delays between read and writes. (But maybe I'm way off and someone can explain it better ).
I'd so love to run my memory 1:1 on my Venice...I just don't think it's ready to run at 2.7GHz yet.
Lower latencies are always better. On P4 latency is less significant because the architecture's going to screw it up for everyone anyway, so clock speed means everything. On A64, the speed you can overclock your memory to means jack shit, and latency is everything.