What's a good controller for the PC?

MISMCSA

2[H]4U
I have Devil May Cry 4, and I find it terrible to play with a keyboard. There is no mouse/keyboard combo, so I figure I need to get a controller. Suggestions?

Also can't go wrong with the wireless 360 controller bundle for pc that comes with the USB receiver. You would frankly be a fool to buy anything but a xbox controller. They just work.

Also can't go wrong with the wireless 360 controller bundle for pc that comes with the USB receiver. You would frankly be a fool to buy anything but a xbox controller. They just work.

Exactly. I use the wired one, myself.

Coincidentally, DMC4 was the game that prompted me to buy a wireless receiver for my PC (back when they were sold as stand alones).

XBox 360 controller, either wired or wireless with a wireless dongle (what I have).

Plug & play with Wiindows and it is an excellent controller, only thing keeping it from being perfect is the d-pad.

Pretty much has already been said. I have the wired one. I'm not that far from my computer to need a wireless one. My friend has a wireless one though.

I went from a wired to wireless 360 controller. You just cant put a price on having it work in 90% of games with no setup required.

I'm intrested in this for mugens etc. But, is there a controller that isn't an xbox one, I hate the wonk sticks and cheap feeling buttons/build...plus it looks totally...unaesthetically pleasing.

I'm intrested in this for mugens etc. But, is there a controller that isn't an xbox one, I hate the wonk sticks and cheap feeling buttons/build...

PS2 controller + adapter or ps3 controller is your best bet.

PS2 controller + adapter or ps3 controller is your best bet.

I've tried that, but the lack of proper drivers makes it a big pain in the ass to get it to work on 64bit. I know there are PS3 controller clones made by logitec, but i'm not sure if their any good.

There's a driver for the PS3 controller called Motioninjoy that works flawlessly wired and wireless (if you have bluetooth). It has a profile that you can set that basically mimics a 360 controller. I've been using it on Win7 64bit to play Borderlands and it works great.

1. Get wired xbox 360 controller, black looks the best ;)
2. Get Just Cause 2
3. Play Just Cause 2 with controller (freaking amazing with Eyefinity)
4. Win.

please use the forum search tool before you start a thread

seriously a quick search for controller or gamepad brings up like 30 threads. I'm not trying to hate but it's really unnecessary to keep posting these topics..

I have 2 wired xbox 360 controller, in case my friends show up and want to spar in street fighter or guilty gear

i use a wired 360 pad sometimes but it definitely is not the end all choice for PC gamepads. For games where the dpad is more suitable, I find a ps2 clone pc controller much better.

I'm intrested in this for mugens etc. But, is there a controller that isn't an xbox one, I hate the wonk sticks and cheap feeling buttons/build...plus it looks totally...unaesthetically pleasing.

Maybe the new Razer built 360 ones?

It also might be worth waiting for the new 360 controllers with the improved D-Pad.

+100 for the Xbox 360 controller, wired or wireless. Hands down it is the best game pad for PC.

I have to agree with Q-BZ the wired USB 360 controller is the way to go for sure.

I'm using a Logitech Rumble Pad 2 (was about $25 at Microcenter) and it works pretty good. I'm not saying it's perfect but I've never felt a controller that was perfect on any console. It has the Playstation controller shape which I prefer to the xbox, but thats personal preference. Pretty much all new games have an option in controls where you just pick "rumble pad" and it works

I bought a wired 360 controller (I've got a plethora of wireless ones) specifically for my PC almost a year ago to play with Batman after I bought it during the Steam x-mas sale. I never got around to playing this, so the controller stayed in its packaging until about a month ago when Dead Rising 2 came out. I've got to say it works seamlessly with this game, almost exactly like its usage on the 360.

i'm repeating what everyone is saying, but yes, a wired 360 controller is great for many game now. so many games now are designed with it mind. i like to connect my pc to my tv, plug in the controller and sit on the couch while playing dirt2, grid and batman aa.

Honestly, I would vote for the Logitech F710 for wireless:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1559435

Have the same support as the wireless 360 controller for XInput games. By going with the wirelss 360 controller, you are going to have to worry about soldering or replacing the receiver when the fuse blows. Also, reduced DirectInput support.

For wired, the 360 controller is a good option if you don't plan on DirectInput games.

Just my opinion, but the 360 controller is trash. I have been using it as my default PC controller for a couple years now off and on. Now that I am playing FFXIV hardcore with it, I am realizing how terrible it is. The D-pad is completely boned. When navigating menus, it will sometimes detect presses in the wrong direction or too many presses or sometimes not at all.

(And before anyone gets wise-ass and says its FFXIV, it's not...it's the controller.)

I know what I am asking for for Christmas....a new PC controller.

I'm curious why everyone is suggesting wired controllers? Care to explain more? Is it the F1 Fuse issue? Are there other options?

I am not a serious gamer at all. In fact, I don't have any games installed currently, but I'm looking into the idea of installing some old emulators on my living room HTPC, so occasionally I can play classic games like Tetris or something like that. I don't have plans on playing any recent games, and I only have a 5450 graphics card anyway. Also, I'm running Win7 64bit, and using 7MC mostly with the 10' interface and remote.

I'm looking for game controller options, and have been reading the forum. I'd like to go wireless so it looks neater in the living room, and I don't have to worry about wrapping up the cords and stashing them away when not in use. it would also be nice if one receiver could work with multiple controllers (I guess up to 4, but maybe I'll only get 2 to start). Finally, since I'm not a heavy gamer, I'd like to do this for as cheap as possible. $50 a controller (like the new logitech 710) seems way out of my price range. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Back