What'd you pay for your SSD?

ShiShKaBoB

Gawd
Just checking to get an idea of what others have payed for their SSD's, whether you bought it used, new, used BCB, or rebate, shipping, tax.. ect. What was your bottom line price for the SSD's you have purchased.

List: (condition you received it in, model, bottom line price, where you got it from)

New - OEM Intel X25-m G2 80GB - $215 -
New - OEM Intel X25-m G2 80GB - $205 -
New - Retail Intel X25-m G2 160gb - $400 - found on [H]ard Forum / FS/FT
New - Retail OCZ Solid 2 - 120GB - $264 - Newegg (used $30 rebate,2% BCB ) - drive is being shipped atm

Last edited:
I bought 2 OCZ Agility and 1 Vertex between $139 and 160 (shipped, incl tax and after MIRs) from the various TigerDirect sales with 10-15% off. Being from CA I can't take advantage of the NewEgg deals since the tax kills all benefits of the discounts.

Boy those RetailEdge G2 deals sound really sweet!

Just a tip to people looking at the 160GB G2s. Unless the pricing drops significantly below the $400 mark I wouldn't touch them. The new Micron RealSSD C300 is significantly faster. See here and will be available this month through Crucial.

Got my X25M OEM from the Winter Retail Edge big deal. Cost me about 150$ shipped to my door.

I got my 80gb x25m for 214, but those c300s look amazing.
may have to pick one up this summer, good thing i got a p6x58d.

Last edited:
First Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OEM) I got for $230 on Newegg after cashback.
Second X25-M I got for $220 on eBay (after cashback of course, ;)).

My parents OCZ Agility 30GB I got for free.

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot about the Kingston 40GB SSD from Newegg. I got that for $84 after MIR. Sold it for $115. :)

Bought my Patriot Warp V2 120GB about a year ago for $300 on sale at Fry's.

Still works like a charm, haven't had any stuttering issues. But I also use Ghost & DBAN to zero it out and reimage it about every 1-2 months.

I'd like to get a newer generation one, particularly one that that some type of TRIM built-in just so I don't have to jump through the hoops....but thats just part of early adoption. And once you get it down its pretty streamlined (though time consuming).

New - Retail Crucial M225 256GB - etech4sale's ebay store with bing cashback - $430
Has TRIM; Samsung NAND; Indilinx Barefoot controller, love the thing. I got it around 4? months ago.

New - Retail Intel X25-M G2 80GB - $250 - Allstarshop.com (good service btw)
New - Retail Intel X25-V 40GB - $120 - ProVantage

If Micron can actually achieve widespread availability and good stock on their new drive thru Crucial, it might actually force the price of Intel drives back to the MSRP... That'd be nice, I could pick a second one for RAID eventually, not holding my breath tho.

P.S. @ OP: I hate you for what you paid for your 80GB X25-M G2's... :p Overall I'm satisfied w/what I paid for 'em tho, paid exactly what I wanted to pay for decently sized SSDs for my desktop/netbook, as an early adopter. I know within a year I'll be able to get 2-3x the capacity for the price but I'm enjoying them thoroughly for now and they're still large enough that I can migrate 'em to other systems (40GB to my parent's computer, 80GB to my next laptop, possibly).

NEW - Samsung MCCOE64G5MPP-0VA (OCZ rebrand) $130 @ directron.com - clearly i /win this thread! (minus intel retail edgers i suppose, yes it is an SLC drive, yes i got it before intel drives were out)
NEW - OCZ Vertex 32gb $95 @ newegg.com
USED - Kingston 40gb X25-V $100 @ FS/FT
USED - Sandisk 64gb uATA - came with my Dell Latitude XT which I bought it off outlet, so I don't really know how much I paid.

New 64 GB Supertalent Ultradrive ME (Indilinx), the drive is identical to the 64gb Vertex but different OEM same reference board and firmware
108.00=135-27 dollars bing cash back

Dont remeber for exactly sure but I bought 2 80GB X25M G2 ones several months back. One was about $280 shipped and the other about $250 shipped. Both new from 2 different online retailers.

OCZ 60GB Agility - $160 after bing cashback

zipzoomfly jacked me on my $30 rebate by sending me an invoice with a date 4 days later than when I ordered it, and would not send me a correct invoice. Invalidated my rebate. Thanks for nothing ZZF!

Still happy with the purchase though. Very speedy.

$160 was still a good price for it, $130 would've been a steal! The 30GB drives have often sold for that much... I honestly can't wait to see how the introduction of more models from other companies (Seagate, Micron, SandForce thru OCZ and others, etc) impacts availability and demand. I think it's gonna be pretty grim at first w/more manufacturers competing over the same NAND flash pool, but if new models attract more buyers to SSD and demand picks up we might finally stop seeing all these jacked up prices floating high over the MSRPs.

$215.00 after shipping from Newegg on Black Friday. Intel X25-M G2 80GB.

X25-M G2 160GB $450
X25-V G2 40GB $125 ($110AR) <-typing on this now, amazing drive for a laptop.

those drives both replaced-
OCZ Vertex 60GB $180 ($150AR)
OCZ Solid Series 60GB $150

BTW, you can see from my specs where each drive is, and the laptop seemed to get a much bigger speed bump than the desktop. While it's a shame to have a fast rig and hold it back with a HDD.. I believe it's as much or more of a shame to have a slow rig without one. Seems that a fast CPU and lots of RAM does enough prefetching room that the benefits are more limited.. I would suggest a SSD in every computer you have as long as it's got SATA. At least the X25-V.

Last edited:
30 gb vertex 99 AR (list 119 bought ~9 months ago)
misc: 3 x 8 gig SDHC $45 AR (extra space for the 30 gb)

60 gb Agility 129 AR (list 169 bought ~4 hours ago) :D

Probably not, I think Kingston stopped selling their 40GB Intel-based drive (and they only ran a rebate back in Nov. AFAIK).

MAN, those 60GB Agility drives for $130 sold out awful fast on Newegg, but that's a HECK of a price per GB... Comes out to $2.17 whereas most SSD are closer to $3. The 120GB for $310 is still a pretty good price per GB as well, tho I've seen people in this thread who've gotten the Vertex for just under $300... Y'all need to start listing where you've bought 'em. :p

About $200 each for a pair of Intel X25-M 80gb G2, on the 11/25 sale at newegg ($214.99 base) and some bing cash rebate.

Back