What Will Apple Reveal Next Week?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
It seems that lately, Apple is staging a news conference every week or so, introducing a new product or innovation. Next week will be no different with speculation pointing toward a new, smaller version of the MacBook Air. I guess the company was reminded that it still makes computers too. :D

There is usually rampant speculation surrounding the importance and impact of the event: Will it be a Category 5 announcement with a revolutionary device, or a less-important Category 1, with basic updates to operating systems or gadgets?

Last edited:
I'm hoping for an updated macbook air of 13.3 inches or greater along with an update to OSX but I doubt it will happen.

A revised ipad with a USB port and different charger, which will in turn make the old one obsolete. Apple owners will say it is a revolution in design and direction, and in turn buy them on day one.

Will it be a Category 5 announcement with a revolutionary device, or a less-important Category 1, with basic updates to operating systems or gadgets?

Lol. Apple really is a religion to some people.

Could we have less Apple news, please? Especially announcements of announcements.

Could we have less Apple news, please? Especially announcements of announcements.

That cracked me up :D

Well said! Though meta discourse on pseudo products made by massively overexposed corporations is a lot of fun.

as a huge apple fan, even I agree with this... sheesh, worst news posters ever on this site :rolleyes:

but since i'm adding a comment to this thread, might as well put my 2 cents in: updated hardware to the core i series across the line, *no* core i3s in anything, only i5s and better, and an 11 inch macbook or macbook air to round out the line

Prediction: New OS, Lion, due sometime next summer which will support mutlitouch with a built-in iOS VM.
iMacs with touch screens to support ^
Macbook air refresh. Cheaper, still with horrific cooling and weaker cpu.
Netbooks will continue to chuckle.
Increased integration with iDevices.
Refreshed Airport line.

Permanent fix to the iPhone 4 antenna issue.

Just as much as Microsoft is a religion to the other people.

I doubt I'll see anyone lineup for hours on end to get first crack at a MS product - maybe the next XBox but that's about it. I once had a colleague come in half a day late without any prior notice. We figured he had something urgent to attend to. When he showed up later in the day he was beaming and all excited. It was the iphone4 release day and he had managed to obtain one. Needless to say he didn't last very long.

I doubt I'll see anyone lineup for hours on end to get first crack at a MS product - maybe the next XBox but that's about it. I once had a colleague come in half a day late without any prior notice. We figured he had something urgent to attend to. When he showed up later in the day he was beaming and all excited. It was the iphone4 release day and he had managed to obtain one. Needless to say he didn't last very long.
That's called -Priority issues-

but since i'm adding a comment to this thread, might as well put my 2 cents in: updated hardware to the core i series across the line, *no* core i3s in anything, only i5s and better, and an 11 inch macbook or macbook air to round out the line

Good luck with that, they still have the nerve to sell Core2Duos in $1000+ computers.

Another version of OSX, 10.7 I presume. OSX originally came out before WindowsXP.

They're gonna announce that they are skipping all the way to OSXI and say they did it for the lulz..

Hopefully it's not another IPod...again.

You may not see the passion in numbers but there are passionate Windows folks out there, like gamers here that build $2000, $3000, $4000 rigs and up, water cooling, three displays, etc. Sure we're niche but in the Mac world, well you don't really have much high-end DIY stuff obviously.

Who cares. It will be some overpriced piece that I don't care about buying.

I wonder what color Steve Jobs' underwear is. Any speculation on that?

yawn

I am interested in the next OS from Apple, just to see what they have come up with.

You may not see the passion in numbers but there are passionate Windows folks out there, like gamers here that build $2000, $3000, $4000 rigs and up, water cooling, three displays, etc. Sure we're niche but in the Mac world, well you don't really have much high-end DIY stuff obviously.

Yea but we don't wait in line lika tard to buy the next iCrap that they price 30%. There will be at least 10 sites live blogging the next turtleneck convention or what ever you guys do when steve-o does his power point presentation on stage.

To everyone else its fucking weird, thats why we make fun.

Yea but we don't wait in line lika tard to buy the next iCrap that they price 30%. There will be at least 10 sites live blogging the next turtleneck convention or what ever you guys do when steve-o does his power point presentation on stage.

I agree, I thought turtlenecks went out in the 80´s.

This was hilarious!

Oh and money on another iPod

There's definitely an Apple way to do things that appeals to a lot of folks, Apple provides computing devices that deliver compelling experiences, no doubt about it. But Windows too is capable of providing its own types of compelling computing experiences where Windows is strong relative other desktop OSes such as gaming. And PC folks at least virtually wait in line when the hot GPU is being released. How many people will be hitting F5 in the browsers when the Radeon 6000 cards being to ship? And look at all the threads and details and speculation we bandy about, yes were pretty damn passionate just in a different way.

The thing is that a lot of PC gamers are also PC hobbyists, were are VERY much into or PCs and the vast majority, pretty much any PC gamer these days is running Windows 7.

I bet my money on another magical device. It's so magical that it'll give you what you already have. What's new you ask? Well, you just got a lot poorer, except you didn't notice. Just another day in Apple land.

I bet my money on another magical device. It's so magical that it'll give you what you already have. What's new you ask? Well, you just got a lot poorer, except you didn't notice. Just another day in Apple land.

It's called iTurd, a new magical, revolutionary way to shit. :D

Also makes your turds smell like Steve Jobs. :D

that steve jobs is a cyber man and that all who have apple devices will be mind controlled and converted into his pure image

Another version of OSX, 10.7 I presume. OSX originally came out before WindowsXP.

Yea, but they've been updating it more like a Linux distro than Windows. Each .X has brought major changes to the OS.

And PC folks at least virtually wait in line when the hot GPU is being released.
And routinely, routinely pay well over MSRP for the pleasure. I know because I've been there. I've done it. Those who wait in line at the Apple store, however, end up paying the same price as anyone else.

Another overpriced product with copied technology and proprietary everything. More specifically, another product to sell another product, like Apple TV and the iPad.

It's a good thing PC enthusiasts are not like Apple zealots

Well PC zealots aren't necessarily Windows fanatics, theres a ton of us who scrutinize MS for their products. Im more or less favor windows but I don't go nuts over every release. Hard to say who does really...

Back