What strange, pointless things do you do in games?

In Unreal Tournament 1, in the facing worlds area, I would race to the other area, shooting the opponents as I came, then warp to their area where the big gun warps in and wait for it to appear... And shoot it into their castle :-D

The repeat until they noticed I was in their...

When I run out of "normal" things to do in a game I play another game or do something else. I'd rather rip my finger nails out than roleplay or undress some NPC.

I cannot believe nobody posted any HL2 things--I have pumped round after round after round into Judith Mossman. I leave Black Mesa East with zero ammunition (don't need it in Ravenholm) because it all goes into her forehead. Actually being a scientist (with some social skills, thank you) I can't stand the stereotype she represents.

go figure.
Z

lloose said:
Dear god.. if you are doing this, you need some serious help. GET OUTSIDE. you know, the place on the other side of the door and pile of Mnt. Dew cans? I think you have problems my friend. Its great to play games (even a lot), but its a whole new can of beans when you start doing stuff like fantisizing going on a date in your video games..

2 words..

get

help.

Go outside, get a girlfriend and waste all your money, whilst getting sun cancer? You sir, have the problem. You enforce your beliefs on other people when they're trying to have some fun. Who cares if he goes outside? What's there to do.. play sports? What you find fun isn't to everyone else.

another great game to play when your bored is postal.Just beat the shizznit out of mfers and then pee on em or set them on fire....gotta love it

honkee said:
another great game to play when your bored is postal.Just beat the shizznit out of mfers and then pee on em or set them on fire....gotta love it

I loved that! I never even beat Postal2 at all, I wasted all my time slaughtering people. Set everyone on fire, and then if you get caught on fire.. pee straight up and put yourself out :).

Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
I loved that! I never even beat Postal2 at all, I wasted all my time slaughtering people. Set everyone on fire, and then if you get caught on fire.. pee straight up and put yourself out :).

Didn't Postal 3 get announced for the X360 a while ago? I wonder if it's still being made as I would love to see a game like that running on next gen hardware!

In Counter-Strike, every now and again I used to piss some people off beyond all reason. From time to time, I would end up killing one person a couple times in some rounds or something like that, and if the person is a bad sport (and it's CS, so the chances of them being a bad sport are extremely good) they'll start saying shit like "WTF, thats fucking bs, your gay," etc. So, every time I kill that person after that, I will seriously just drop everything and do everything in my power to fuck with their corpse, knowing that the kid is probably speccing me and getting angrier. There was one time when I did this to an especially annoying kid for literally about 2 and a half minutes...first I emptied every single round of my pistol into his body, then I emptied every single round of my primary gun into his body, then I knifed him for awhile, then I went and found another gun and shot every round of that gun into his corpse. The kid left the server in impotent rage. Probably also not very mature on my part, but god, is it ever fun to toy with people who take the game that seriously.

In the old versions of MS Flight Simulator (before there were textures, just blocky buildings) I would record myself flying taking off, flying over a lake or something, into the sunset. Then go back and put captions in of a conversation of me and a girl I liked.

I had a "secret" airbase (you could build airports and create mountains in the older versions) in Chicago. Like I said, there were no textures, so Chicago was basically a very large brownish green square that went for miles and had a few yellow and grey blocks sticking out of it. Turned out my "secret" airbase was right on the north shore, I would've demolished the upper half of Michigan Ave.

Taking off from my airbase I would fly around in my seaplane, land over by an inlet (which turned out to be Navy Pier), stop the game and start of Wolfenstein. I was the secret agent that flew from his secret headquarters and covertly landed outside a skyscraper taken hostage...

I was maybe 10...12?

i get totaly wasted, and play better at all my games, usually beat them when im drunk, but it sucks when i cant remeber what happened.
dont drink and frag.

In WoW I dress my lvl 60 orc shaman in overalls a hat and equip a shovel. Then i wander to RedRidge and walk around the zone /cheering so my hands go up, i prefer to chill at alders mill or whatever it is up there. If someone attacks me i cry then beat them down with a shovel. Good times.

Zyme said:
I cannot believe nobody posted any HL2 things--I have pumped round after round after round into Judith Mossman. I leave Black Mesa East with zero ammunition (don't need it in Ravenholm) because it all goes into her forehead.

After the prison zerg rush I always take one of the auto turrets with (by grabbing it and carrying it in front of me) me. The turrets will lock on and fire at enimies while you are holding it, saving a whole bunch of ammo. Eventually you get to the point where Mossman is in a room and is talking to Alex through the glass. Turns out the turrets think Mossman is a enemy and will start to shoot at her.

In Zelda OOT, I like to see how many pieces I can cut the wooden signs into.

Jihad mobiles in BF2 vanilla.

Load up a jeep, drive it towards a tank, bail out, and then detonate it.
typing For Allah in caps on allchat just adds that special something.

Hurray for political incorrectness!

i used to try to play out a bunch of missions in GTA: San Andreas on the BMX bike... loads of fun and very challenging too... i loved that game for the endless hours i could waste just exploring stuff... like stealing a chopper to fly to the top of a building or bridge and then basejump :D

in morrowind on PC i used to steal all sorts of enchanted weapons/armor even if they were cheap, just to display them in my house.... the whole house was full of that flashing/color changing metal... i wasted hours of gameplay on this w/out ever touching the main storyline

in minesweeper, i used to play my friends with 'opposite' rules.. i.e. the goal was to find a mine as quickly as possible... many times i could do it on the 1st click.

In World of Warcraft beta, I saw the islands on the SW corner of the Eastern Continent (the one with Undercity)...so I spent about an hour swimming along the coast and this was back when Undead had unlimited water breath, so I started to go across and found the problem with the "fatigue" that you get when you go in the deep water. Took me a couple tries before I realized what was happening.

I thought because Undead had water breathing that I could cross the ocean. Oh well.

In Splinter Cell, I used to play Co-Op with my roommate and I would wait until he was sneaking up on someone and then I would start screaming in the microphone so that the NPCs would hear me and they'd unleash hell on my roommate. I'd argue that wasn't pointless, because there was clearly a point to my madness!

In most racing games, if i start falling behind too often in a race, I'll stop the car and race the track backwords, then try and hit the oncoming cars. It can be a lot of fun.

Vette5885 said:
In most racing games, if i start falling behind too often in a race, I'll stop the car and race the track backwords, then try and hit the oncoming cars. It can be a lot of fun.

Heh, I do that :)

In RTCW or ET, when one side is dominating, I like to be a medic and pick knife fights with other medics, then we can just revive ourselves.

It's quite fun! :D

Vette5885 said:

Its even more fun when you are racing online with 16 other people in a simulation with realistic damage (ala live for speed) :p

When Team Fortress mod came out.. before it turned crappy... On that one map where the one team has a building straight ahead with a door that can open and close.. and the building on the left where the snipers can jump on the other side and climb the ladder to the top.. Me and a buddy used to really piss off the other team because we would use grenades or the rocket launcher to get ourselves up there. :) was great fun

riot8ap said:
In rollercoaster tycoon i made a rollercoaster that just sent everybody into a fiery inferno.

I built the vertical liftoff ride with only one height segment and put the launch speed on max HAHAHAHA :D

Seriously though, great question for a thread.

Most notibly I roleplay with actions which aren't nessicery to complete the goals of the game, a good example is the Thief games (which i love) Quite often I will go through the level and goto extreme lengths just to make things look like shit went down a certain way, like if I decide I want to be mean I'll knock all the enemys out and dump them all in the same room, can end up with loads of bodies all piled around unconcious. It just makes me giggle when I think what might happen when they all come round, wondering why they're laying on top of 50 other people who are all knocked out.

Another thing I sometiems do when I feel more sneaky than anything is I'll goto great length to make it look like an impeccable steal (whatever I'm after) so doing things like putting all mission items back in place and when I knock out guards I use the keys they have and then return the key next to the guard as if he's dropped it, stuff like that.

Moose777 said:
The highest I've ever been to in BF2 was a 650 scale feet. I've often wondered what the allowable in game ceiling was.

The maximum is 800 ft :rolleyes: Helps alot when trying to get out of a dogfight.

I knife/rifle butt and teabag people.

sit/stand/sit/stand

what i do in games, i usually find spots that seem impossible to get to, and somehow manage to get to them =/ in ever quest a GM banned me for 2 months stating i was exploiting them game at the time :D

also when i'm bored, i circle a person around me for a while, and if i can, i put it on auto run and walk away.

BF2 - I dance. For instant when I'm at a TG practice and the DI is giving instructions I'll circle one of my squad mates with my knife out. Or I'll stand in front of someone looking at them crouching repeatedly. It looks funny and then soon enough I'll get a few people doing it. Or when we are setting up for drills I'll set a trap for my squad mates. One time before a scrim we were giving new pilots moving targets during a practice session. I was following an APC really close. So close in fact that when he stopped I'd drive directly intot he back of him. Eventually it irritated him so he turned the turret on me and destroyed me. The rest of the practice we played who had the last laugh. He'd shoot me with the APC, I'd toss C4 on his APC and type on team chat, "I left you some cookies." just before detonating the C4. Or when we are doing "Live Fire Drills" to practice moving under cover I'll intentionally get into a good firing position to cover my gun buddy so he can move and I'll mow down the DIs with the SAW even though they specifically say, "We are only going to shoot over your head to simulate live fire and to force you to find cover, please don't kill us." The last time we ran the drill they say, "Watch out for Chicken, he might cut you up with the SAW."

Blu3_scr33n, thats stupid 800'? Man, thats almost as lame as nerfing the TV Missile to 500'.

Thinking of some more things...

In FFIX in the village of Dali, I used to pretend I lived with old morrid, the coffee guy, and I'd go and buy his shopping on a day to day basis, and at night i'd go out hunting with friends. That game was wicked for making up pointless stuff.

In CS, me and a couple of my school friends would get our mics and role play really pointless things. Like say we were performing a play in drama in a few days, we'd run around in CS reciting our lines, moving the characters in similar ways we were supposed to.

When you think about red vs. blue and the spartan life, it's pretty cool what can come out of being bored or imaginative within the bounds of a computer game.

In Halo, me and my friend, in the second level, used to grab the warthog and drive full throttle off cliff faces, seeing who would be the last one to jump out, or fall peacefully to our death.

In Halo stacking all the vehicles in a single base in Blood Gulch never gets tired.
In Half Life 2, I brought a cinder block almost the entire way through the game. I even called her Cindy.

A group of my friends and I used to have all-night lan cs sessions at his place. we'd drink as much as possible, stack a side and buy flashbangs, smoke and armor, gang-raping people with knives. Those were some good times.

I'll have to find the screenshot of my old cs server where all 10 people on the team changed their name so that the score sheet read like a sentence.

And just generally - CS + Admin + Beer + Chickenmod....

or

admin_execclient "client" bind "mouse1" say "Bang!"

That one was great for noob tk'ers. Then when they ask how to fix it, tell them to alt+f4.

Then for the real assholes:

admin_execclient client bind "mouse1" "kill"

admin_execclient "client" bind "mouse1" "exit"

admin_execclient "client" "unbindall"

Vette5885 said:

I give this same approach my special touch. Only Jeff Gordon gets fucked up.

lloose said:
Dear god.. if you are doing this, you need some serious help. GET OUTSIDE. you know, the place on the other side of the door and pile of Mnt. Dew cans? I think you have problems my friend. Its great to play games (even a lot), but its a whole new can of beans when you start doing stuff like fantisizing going on a date in your video games..

2 words..

get

help.

i agree 100%.. some of the stuff you guys are posting makes me say to myself... "Should i really be posting in the gaming section anymore??"

I guess that the both of you are above having a sense of humor or an imagination.

Just go back to reading the Wall Street Journal or whatever it is you do. :rolleyes:

Moose777 said:
I guess that the both of you are above having a sense of humor or an imagination.

Just go back to reading the Wall Street Journal or whatever it is you do. :rolleyes:

nice.... you have no idea....

sorry for offending you.. i tell it like i see it...

Moose777 said:
The highest I've ever been to in BF2 was a 650 scale feet. I've often wondered what the allowable in game ceiling was.

Lots higher. I enjoy getting a few thousand feet up and then jumping out. Lust like a read parachute drop :).

Back