• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What size display/resolution do you use?

What size/resolution?

  • 30" Widescreen (2560x1600)

    Votes: 37 8.9%
  • 24-27" Widescreen (1920x1200)

    Votes: 158 37.9%
  • 20-22" Widescreen (1680x1050)

    Votes: 128 30.7%
  • 19-20" Standard (1600x1200)

    Votes: 26 6.2%
  • 17-19" Standard (1280x1024)

    Votes: 42 10.1%
  • 17-19" Widescreen (1440x900)

    Votes: 22 5.3%
  • 15-16" Widescreen (1366x768)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15" Standard (1024x768)

    Votes: 4 1.0%

  • Total voters
    417

HaMMerHeD

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
10,397
The title says it all. Out of the above most common display sizes and resolutions, which are you guys and gals using for gaming?

I realize that not every possible size display and resolution is represented here. I am mostly interested in LCD resolutions, so no 2048x1436 for you CRT lovers.

If you use a mismatched display and resolution (for example, 1280x1024 on a 20" display), please select the resolution you use most.
 
How about those of us who use 1080p HDTVs? :)

I have a 40" Samsung LN-T4065F LCD TV and thoroughly enjoy it.
 
20" S-IPS 1680x1050 widescreen right now, planning on upgrading to a 24-26" 1920x1200 when I find a good deal on an IPS one or very good MVA one.
 
24" FPD2485W Gateway 1920*1200, i love it... Now i just need the right card to feed it :D
 
1920x12 on my 24", 16x12 on my 20" 4:3, but since I could only choose one, I chose 1920x12
 
Still using my NEC MultiSync FP2141sb at 1920 x 1440. When it dies I'm going 24" wide.
 
Right now, I fall under "19" Standard (1280x1024)". Soon, i'm going to get a 22" w/s LCD monitor.
 
right now i have a 17' sometime in September-November i will get myself a 24' BenQ G2400W or G2400WD
 
15" Standard (1024x768) on my Emachines...

Soon, i'm going to get a 16 w/s!
 
1920x1200 on a 24" monitor, soon to be joined by 1920x1080 on a 42" 1080p.
 
I remember upgrading from a 20" wide screen to a 24" and was amazed at how monsterous it was! Now after having the 24" for some time, I want to upgrade to maybe a 27". :D
 
I remember upgrading from a 20" wide screen to a 24" and was amazed at how monsterous it was! Now after having the 24" for some time, I want to upgrade to maybe a 27". :D
I went from a 15" 2 years ago to a 19" a year ago, then a 24" in Feb., and now a 42". If the exponential curve continues like this I'll be getting a 65" in about 3 months :D
 
1920x1080 on a Sharp LC-46D64U 46" 1080p lcd :)

my new HD4870 should handle it nicely when it arrives :D
 
Mine wasn't available to choose, nor was there an "other" option. :p
28" Hanns-G @ 1920x1200
 
Went from a single apple hd display(23 inch 1920x1200) to dual 22 inch lcds. Been happy with the switch.
 
Currently: Dell 2407WFP (v. A03) 24" 1920x1200

Soon: Samsung 305T or Gateway XHD3000 30" 2560x1600

I'll be buying a 4870x2 to drive the 30".
 
I plan to upgrade to a 24" 1920x1200 in the near future. For now the 20" widescreen has to do.
 
I have a 19" crt. while it does support 1600x1200, i normally use 1280x1024.
Though if i feel like moving my pc to my lcd tv, i usually game at 720p :)
I'd game at 1080p, but my tv only does 720p :(
but then again, at 32 inches, i'm sure it doesn't matter :p
 
None of the above, I have a 19" widescreen @ 1680x1050 (I realize these aren't that common though). I chose 19" 1600x1200 though, since that's the closest thing
 
Back
Top