• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What part is bad?

icor1031

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2010
Messages
1,295
I changed the RAM, it's not that...

..

I installed W7 onto an HDD with an AMD PC.
I'm now an intel PC, however. (The AMD board blew up.) It gets to specific point in loading windows and then locks up, every time. Okay, probably compatibility, no biggie.

I put in my W7 disc to repair the install, and... it locks up, as soon as it finishes loading the drivers(?) and the box pops up asking me which language to use.. and another time, seemingly just before that.

What is wrong?!

I was just using this video card in another PC, and it wasn't doing this. As I said, I already checked the RAM.

Ideas?
 
ASUS P5Q PRO
E8400 WOLFDALE
OCZ Reaper 2x2gB DDR2 800 ***or*** Crucial Rendition 1x1gB DDR2 800
GTX 460 768 DIRECTCU
WD CAVIAR BLACK 640
HEC 580W
 
Even if the PSU wasn't the issue, I still recommend replacing the PSU nonetheless, espcially considering that a motherboard death can be attributed to that crappy PSU. I recommend this as a replacement:
$70 - Seasonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W PSU
 
Even if the PSU wasn't the issue, I still recommend replacing the PSU nonetheless, espcially considering that a motherboard death can be attributed to that crappy PSU. I recommend this as a replacement:
$70 - Seasonic S12II 520 Bronze 520W PSU

Yes, a PSU can kill computer components without blowing up itself. That HEC PSU simply cannot provide anywhere near its stated wattage claim without having the ripple way out of spec. Heck, even at its best it's only a 350W PSU.
 
O.K., didn't help.
It locked up during POST, then I restarted and now it won't show anything on screen.
 
I did it both ways, with both brands, yes.
This PC was working for a few months, it just recently started doing this.
 
Can you boot to one of those DOS rescue boot discs like the UBD to check your HD?

I doubt the problem is with your HD but I just wanted to see if it'll boot to DOS.
 
It's not my HDD, I had it in another PC and it works fine.. but it wouldn't be that any way, it won't POST.
 
Take every component out and place on cardboard box and see if it is shorting out
 
No one thinks it's the CPU, then?

I've pretty much replaced everything except the board and CPU. If it's the board, I can afford to replace it. If it's the CPU, I may as well trash it.
 
No one thinks it's the CPU, then?

I've pretty much replaced everything except the board and CPU. If it's the board, I can afford to replace it. If it's the CPU, I may as well trash it.

Well generally the chance of the motherbaord failure is higher than CPU failure. Only way to know is for you to try that CPU in another system.
 
I don't have another Intel PC to put it in, unfortunately everyone I know has AMD.
 
Back
Top