What keyboard do you game on?

BababooeyHTJ

Supreme [H]ardness
We have all seen the mouse threads and mouse pad threads but I want to know which keyboard you guys game on. I use a MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. :p I've tried a couple of other boards but this thing is so comfortable.

Last edited:
I use a Razer Lycosa. It's the best KB I've ever owned :D.

I use a Rosewill RK600. It's a small, flat keyed keyboard that cost like $6. My WASD is pretty worn in and slippery, it's good. The print on my my C key is gone because I crouched a lot in COD.

IMG_0007-1.jpg

Happy Hacking Professional 2

But only because I spend more time typing than playing. Short-throw (2mm) + keyswitch weight of 25g + Topre switches will be the setup that awaits me when I die, go to heaven, and can spend the rest of eternity gaming. :)

We have all seen the mouse threads and mouse pad threads but I want to know which keyboard you guys game on. I use a MS Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I've tried a couple of other boards but this thing is so comfortable.
That's what I use too. My friends all say it's really uncomfortable, and it's not so good for gaming, but man, when you get used to it, it's like bliss.

Got sick of having the huge G15 from about a year ago. Been using a cheap generic keyboard from walmart since. Screw USB keyboards lol.

I've been using a Logitech Elite keyboard for years. Half the keys have their print worn off, but this thing still types really well. I wouldn't mind going to a good mechanical switch keyboard for typing, but I haven't seen one that was both priced low enough for my taste and was appealing to me.

some cheap Aopen kb.....

This. I keep about 5 keyboards in the closet, all of which I paid about $5 each from NewEgg. Every few years when one quits, I throw it out and grab a new one out of the closet. I consider mice and keyboards disposable.

Logitech G15 first gen
Use one at home, and one at work.

I like the layout, and i have multiple LCD apps running that monitor all kinds of things, from cpu/gpu temps and fan speeds, to weather, network bandwidth etc..

Kinda hard to go back to a regular keyboard after having used a G15 for years now.

I would think about getting the new G19 however its way to expensive just to add color.
Might aswell buy an extra color LCD monitor at that price, and run Vista/Win7 gadgets on it.

MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I can't use anything but ergonomic keyboards for more than about 15 minutes at a time without causing massive pain in my hands.

The same keyboard is on my server which I use for a number of other things when my main system is tied up doing something.

My third system has a Logitech Classic Keyboard 200. That suits my son perfectly as the keys are closer together for his smaller hands.

I also have two MS Natural Elite keyboards, one with a messed up spacebar, another Logitech Classic 200 and an IBM Model M.

I would absolutely love to have one of the MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 keyboards with buckle spring keys like the Model M. For me, that would be the closest thing to perfection I can think of for a keyboard. If I could use a non-ergonomic keyboard, the Model M would be my daily use keyboard.

Logitech Elite keyboard I bought 5 years ago. It broke my fall when I fell down a flight of stairs so I figured I'd keep it around for good luck.

My laptop keyboard, actually.

DSC02190.jpg

Typically, the HP one.

But I still have a Dell USB multimedia keyboard around if I should need it. Felt good to type on, gave multimedia controls, required no drivers, gave a 2 port USB hub, and cost me $10. It's probably the oldest piece of hardware that I've had since new that I still use routinely. (My Sennheiser HD590s would be the oldest from 2002, but I almost never use them)
371080P.jpg

(I don't have the RAZR, speakers, or the T61P any more. The LCD is now a TV instead of a monitor...I really should update my workstation picture)

Last edited:
G15, had it for almost 3 years and I while I want something smaller I can't see myself getting a different keyboard.

I use to use a G15 but I hated the soft keys after a while. Then I started using a packard bell kb from the early 90's. And it's good!

apple aluminum, my friend gives me shit over it but he doesn't type or game that much... not to mention keyboards preferences are fairly personal.

G15 here. Had an original Saitek Eclipse before that died after 3 years. Mysteriously starting spitting out random letters. I miss that keyboard, but I like my G15 even better.

was using a saitek I for about a year before it decided to start causing my pc to reboot whenever i plugged it in. tried cleaning, nothing worked. sent it in, while i was waiting for them to send it back after numerous shipping errors they made, i saw a $40 deal for the logitech G15 v1. It's got some italian symbols on it, but i love the G15. I also loved the saitek eclipse I, but the macro keys for quick music/movie/various folder access is what sealed the deal for me.

Razer Lycosa.. aka the worst god dang keyboard in existance.. everything it says its suppose to do it doesnt do.. no 3 key limit bypass even though its suppose to.. keys randomly lock up if you press shift ctrl and then another key and hold it down for more then 3 seconds.. that 3rd key you pressed becomes locked and you have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in to fix it..

Last edited:
Cheap-o one I picked up while visiting family in Taiwan. Worked fine for any abuse.

I use a $15 keyboard from Microsoft.

and that was 4 years ago :) still works like a charm

Some Logitech KB I picked up for dirt cheap. This one
41N43PVXTAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I've had it for over 3 years, abused it, spilled shit on it, and it continues to serve me well.
My next KB I might want one of the cool looking gamer type ones.

just changed to a saitek eclipse II, had a g15 v2, but never really used the display and the orange backliting didn't match the rest of my system so it was time to switch lol

I'm using a Filco with Cherry brown switches; it's a good mechanical keyboard with full n-key rollover. N-key rollover is especially important for a gaming keyboard; I wouldn't have switched if my previous Saitek Eclipse v1 supported more than a couple keys at a time.

Back