• The Witcher EE

Votes: 28 5.8%
  • Mass Effect

Votes: 38 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 70 14.6%

• Total voters
Hard to say.

If it weren't so damn buggy it could've been Fallout 3. However..... since Fallout 3 is so damn buggy I'm gonna have to give the nod to Mass Effect.

L4D

don't remember having this much fun killing mass zombies and then being scared of disturbing like the witch. May not be the best game ever to be made but damn if i'm not having a lot of fun, reminds me of serious sam 1.

Just got L4D on Monday and am sooooo hooked, I had yesterday off and played for allmost 12 hours co-op and got my feet wet in versus it was a good time!

Serious Sam 1 was insane, and it does kinda have that intense frantic feeling when the hoards rush in huh?

Pretty much all I played this year was WoW, but on Sunday I bought the Steam Mega Pack, and have been playing L4D like crazy! Love the game, very fun.

Left 4 Dead had me really hooked until I went through the whole game once. I've been trying to get my friends to buy it so that we could all play Co-op on LAN but they won't.

I love Left 4 Dead, but it was released unfinished and full of bugs and exploits. It unfortunately won't be GOTY quality until they finish the game next year when it will not be eligible for the award.

Well the year is nearly up already. I think it has been a decent year for PC games, many titles I have enjoyed and a few that have disappointed..

So what has been your GOTY?

Hard choice. Either left 4 dead or gears of war 2. Gears of war 2 is better for online but left 4 dead for co op.

I'm playing through Fallout 3 on my 360 (building my PC atm). I'm only 10 hours in, but I am loving it! GTA IV was also great.

For a FPS it's L4D, hands down.

I really enjoyed STAKLER: ClearSky as well.

Haven't played Fallout3.

Hard choice. Either left 4 dead or gears of war 2. Gears of war 2 is better for online but left 4 dead for co op.

Shame GoW 2 isn't coming to the PC. I was one of the few that enjoyed the original on the PC

Over the 2 week Xmas break I have been playing GTA IV exclusively. Superb game. Done around 50% and it's addictive. It's perfect to dip into the game - do a few missions here and there in between stuffing my face with food and drinking way too much! ;)

I'd highly recommend it despite all of the negative feedback. It would be up there with my GotY if it wasn't quite so buggy.

Mass Effect for me. Witcher and Fallout 3 were almost as good as this one, though.

GTA 4, After much debate since people kept saying it runs like crap, i decided to buy it a week ago and i was just blown away, awesome game, decent multi, and just k.o'd fallout 3 out of my goty throne.

I'll say hellyea to Fallout3 for single player hands down! :cool:

For multi its L4D all the way! :D

I thought Gears of War 2's multi was crap compared to the first one. All there is just a bunch of chainsaw gang bangs, and running while shooting is pointless now all you hit is the ground under you. :confused:

I voted FO3 but that was because I didn't see the "other" category. Otherwise I might have chosen Black Shark as it is the first hardcore flight sim in years and deserves more recognition. I know, most gamers these days don't want hardcore sims. Thanks for ruining my hobby you lightweights. ;)

I can't actually vote again, but I'm switching from Fallout to L4D. After a certain reunion near the end of the game, I have had nothing but crash after crash.

Mass Effect was my vote, followed by:
Dead Space
Witcher EE
Fallout 3
Left 4 Dead

I have the rest of the games on the list, (except STALKER CS, which I actually want to try sometime,) but I didn't really enjoy them that much. The ones I listed above are great. I'm actually on a major Zelda kick right now though, so I haven't been playing my PC games as much in the last month or so. Finally beat Twilight Princess, am nearly done with Ocarina, and just started playing Wind Waker again.

Dead Space got my vote. It's got elements of System Shock 2, Doom 3 and Aliens (the movie). I'm about halfway through it and am loving every minute. I get genuine chills when playing DS at night with the lights off and my headphones on. :D

Dead Space got my vote. It's got elements of System Shock 2, Doom 3 and Aliens (the movie). I'm about halfway through it and am loving every minute. I get genuine chills when playing DS at night with the lights off and my headphones on. :D

It was close for me. I'm also loving Dead Space, but as much as I like it, I was glued to Mass Effect a bit more.

It's a great game, ultra violent, superb story (logs are similar to System Shock's) and atmospheric.

I played it with headphones on late at night and it's a unique scary experience.

Loved the Force Gun, power node upgraded it to the max. Also maxed out my rig as soon as possible. Extra air and hitpoints really help.

Only criticism is it's too short, took me about 10 hours to complete it and it left me wanting more...

Back