Votes: 28 5.8%
  • Mass Effect

Votes: 38 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 70 14.6%

• Total voters

spicey

Supreme [H]ardness
Well the year is nearly up already. I think it has been a decent year for PC games, many titles I have enjoyed and a few that have disappointed..

So what has been your GOTY?

Fallout 3 for me but I havent played Dead Space, L4D, Clear Sky or Witcher EE.

I thoroughly enjoyed Fallout 3. I'll play it again once I have a desktop.

Fallout 3 would win, but the game was the most buggy release I have ever seen. I highly doubt I will ever purchase a Bethesda product again after that mess.

In light of that, Left 4 Dead has some of the best multiplayer action in years, and with Valve backing it up it's near perfect! Comparing L4D to Fallout 3 is like comparing a Corvette to a Nissan GTR, they're both fast, but the GTR freaking destroys the 'vette with technology :D.

Well it seems a close race between L4D and Fallout 3 here at [H]. Honestly both are great, and I can see either one winning GOTY.

Left 4 Dead. It's has that old-school shooter feel with a lot of modern elements.

The fact that you're facing zombies is just an added bonus.

fallout3 would of gotten my vote if it wasnt so buggy. Left 4 dead was great and so is Crysis warhead.

Fallout 3. My pick was not Left 4 Dead due to game breaking bugs, balance issues, and no SDK on release.

L4D. i've only played 4 of the games listed in this pole so i'm clearly not qualified to vote, but i did anyway. enjoying the crap out of L4D.

LOL No MGS 4? :rolleyes:

No sorry, PC games only :p

Although notice that only 3 of the games listed are PC exclusives.

I forgot to put GTA IV on the list (although that may be a blessing in disguise as the general consensus is that the port is poor)

FO3 or Warhead

If I could include console games, Dead Space would win by miles. I only played it on the PS3 and it was by far the best game in years.

Fallout 3 great game.
What happened to Call of Duty: World at War?
Great Game :D

I love the following... so I really can't go for one

Fallout 3
Dead Space
Mass Effect
Crysis Warhead

If I could include console games, Dead Space would win by miles. I only played it on the PS3 and it was by far the best game in years.

FYI There IS a PC version

Out of those options, I think I'd currently pick Dead Space. Sure there's not much new or innovative about it, but it's a time tested formula in an incredibly well polished package. That said, I think Sins of a Solar Empire is my true game of the year.

FO3 raised the bar for me on all fronts. Incredible, spectacular game. I find it better and more immersive than the original 2.

im really going to have to go with l4d , i can't remember the last time i've had so much fun with friends online which is also amazing considering there isn't really that much content, but still playing it tons.

i've played every game listed except stalker but if i made a list in order.

1. l4d
2. FO3
3. deadspace
4. mass effect
5. the witcher

the others i didn't like that much.

Fallout 3. When you take a classic franchise and infuse a good engine with it you have a winner. Yeah, it's a little buggy, but what PC game isn't? It just comes with the territory.

I sort of prefer king bounty. Witcher really was a 2007 game (very good but still). I've not played l4d and deadspace - I really enjoyed mass effect - at the end of the day it was rather lacking (even if it was very fun to play :) ) I think mass effect would get my vote if more the game was similar to that add on they provided not so long ago. I thought it was very good (but rather short - but if the entire game had been like that then giant thumb up ).

I think your poll fails on choices. No COD:WAW? No LOTRO: MoM? No WoW: WOTLK?

toss up... L4D/Fallout 3

L4D for multi, F3 for singleplayer

Ditto. If only Fallout 3 had been multi-player then it would have won hands down. Otherwise, the vote is split between the two games for me. :)

Back