What is your backup GPU?

lol Yeah. Kind of a DB move, but between Minecraft, TABS, and Fortnite, he wouldn't even notice. He's only 9 (birthday today) and I just upgraded him from his 1660 & 2600x to my secondary rig (8700k & 2080) so that I could pass his original rig down to our soon to be 6yo for his birthday.

I'm building my own clan. :-D

That's really cool, I guess I hand down computer parts in age order too. My 7 year old is the one actually using the 960 (so I guess it's not really a spare afterall).

lol Yeah. Kind of a DB move, but between Minecraft, TABS, and Fortnite, he wouldn't even notice. He's only 9 (birthday today) and I just upgraded him from his 1660 & 2600x to my secondary rig (8700k & 2080) so that I could pass his original rig down to our soon to be 6yo for his birthday.

I'm building my own clan. :-D
A 2080 as a hand me down?! Are you adopting?

A 2080 as a hand me down?! Are you adopting?
Honestly, it was a rig I built a couple years ago for a once a year lan party. Then I used it for x265 encoding throughout the year to not tie up my main rig. Having recently moved cross country, no more lan party goodness unless I fly back (which if I do, I'll just take his rig with me haha).

Primary GPU is a Radeon RX 6800. Backup is a GTX 1080 on my VR rig, followed by a Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury.

Back