What is the best non OC GTX 260 216

Best in terms of what? Performance? Warranty? Cooling? Customer support? etc.

But performance wise, most of the GTX 260 cards (192SP or 216SP) will perform about the same.

Depends on how high you want to clock, what cooler it has/fan speed, bios volt mod may be required, pot luck and whether you want any extras.
Can your PC handle the gfx card?
Too little info dude.

My pc will be
Core i7 920
True 120 with a couple of 120mm fans attached
Coolermaster 932 HAF
OCZ 2x3GB Platinium 15500
Corsair TX 850W

Your PC is fit :)
The overclock with be either satisfactory or voltage/heat limited.
If you can get one with a better cooler, then do it.

If you are open to volt modding the BIOS, there are easier options.
ie buy an EVGA bloggo card and put the SC or SSC BIOS on it.
Of course you need to establish that the card will function at those clock speeds first or you will be looking for a PCI gfx card to perform a repair!

would choose EVGA or XFX, but just because i like the design of their cards the most

OC'ing is all luck of the draw, it's probably irrelevant which one you pick, I'm not even sure there's many (if any) GTX 260's w/aftermarket coolers.

I'd probably just go XFX because I think they will honor their warranty even if you use an aftermarket cooler on the card. Other than warranties & bundled games, a factory-set OC (which is never even guaranteed to be stable w/some brands) or the presence of an aftermarket cooler are the only things that would really differentiate any of these cards.

Edit: Briefly looking at the site you linked, it seemed the Palit card was the only one with a cooler other than the stock one... But I'm not sure those gimmicky two-fan coolers are any better than stock.

xfx is good

131l1057.jpg

Back