What is everyone waiting on?

Boostage

Limp Gawd
I been eagerly awaiting the release of the 5870 and 5850.. not for myself to purchase, but for all the [H] elitist who would sell off thier gt200's and 4000 AMD cards. I would gladly upgrade from my 9800gtx+ to a GTX 260 or 4770 for $100 but not seeing many cards for sale in the classifieds section. I thought everyone would be in a rush to get the latest card.

I'm still rocking an 8800GT here, ha!

If what I read was true about the 5850 being better than a GTX285, well that's what I'll be waiting for to drop to hopefully near 200 USD. 4870's are really cheap right now and it's hard not to bite.

Having fun with my Xfire HD4770s.

Waiting for HD5770x2 and for the prices to come down.

Waiting for better F@H performance. The gaming performance is just icing on the cake. ;)

Having fun with my Xfire HD4770s.

Waiting for HD5770x2 and for the prices to come down.

For those with 4770, they aren't looking to sell their low power consumption, rather high performance, 40nm cards!

The 4770 is basically a testing ground/stage for AMD when it moved over to the 40nm process, and IMO, was the shocking (awesome...) dark horse late-arrival onto the scene.

Waiting for some 2GB cards (hopefully 2x2GB x2 model) for EF action, 1GB just ain't enough anymore :p

However you won't see my GTX280s, one is dead (RAM) and I am in NZ, shipping would be steep ;)

In terms of video cards, I'm waiting for Nvidia's next lineup. Other than that I'm also waiting on the i9's.

I doubt I'm pawning my 4870x2 any time soon... 5870 just didn't impress me like it did everyone else.

When do I see myself upgrading? When there's a must-have DX11 title that I want to crank the settings on.

And SonDa5... I have a feeling you're going to be waiting for the 5770x2 as you did for the 4770x2.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

waiting for something I want to play comes out that can't run on this 2 year old 8800GTS 512 with a early E6600 in an Ancient P965 chipset mobo.

The 5850 is only around 15% - 20% faster than a 4890 at 1920x1200 but costs 65% more and a 5870 is a bit out of my price range at the moment at $530.

I dont care about Eyefinity and DX11 isnt a big selling point to me right now either, so ill wait for the 5890 and hopefully pick one up for around the same price or cheaper than the 5870 is now but with better performance.

How is everyone basing their purchases off of cards that may never even exist?

Also... I'm waiting to see what nVidia has to offer. I almost swayed to a GTX280 this time around... Let's see if they can put the nail in my ati coffin. Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I'm waiting for something with a much more noticeable performance gain over my current SLI setup. Sure I could get a 285 but the way ATI is layin' the smackdown I'd rather wait a bit to see how Nvidia responds.

If they screw up I'm grabbing a 5870.

I think a lot of people are waiting for GT300. If what NVidia is claiming is true, it's going to blow the socks off the HD5800 series.

However you won't see my GTX280s, one is dead (RAM) and I am in NZ, shipping would be steep
A fellow Kiwi!

Waiting for better F@H performance. The gaming performance is just icing on the cake.
I think after a year and a half of empty promises and dawdling with regards to ATI performance on the GPU2, wouldn't it be a better idea to get an NVidia card if your primary purpose is gaming?

G300.

No reason to jump to 5870 from 4870x2, at least not yet / (Keep telling yourself that, you know you want a single gpu solution :eek:

I'm waiting for something with a much more noticeable performance gain over my current SLI setup. Sure I could get a 285 but the way ATI is layin' the smackdown I'd rather wait a bit to see how Nvidia responds.

If they screw up I'm grabbing a 5870.

I don't get everyones attitude about ati laying the smackdown... And this is another reason why a 5870 isn't happening this year, if ever for me. They rush these parts out incomplete, you need 2 driver updates to do what you wanna do, and I'm still waiting for sideport or whatever on my 4870x2, which was promised to me. Now what, buy a 5870x2 and need 70 dollar adapters to hook up my 24 inch HP's up to it??? No thanks ATI.

G300.

No reason to jump to 5870 from 4870x2, at least not yet / (Keep telling yourself that, you know you want a single gpu solution :eek:

Its a video card, not a solution. 4870x2 is not a math problem.

How is everyone basing their purchases off of cards that may never even exist?

Also... I'm waiting to see what nVidia has to offer. I almost swayed to a GTX280 this time around... Let's see if they can put the nail in my ati coffin. Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Well im assuming that ATI isnt done with this brand new architecture and there will be refreshes of the 5870 to compete with nvidias next gen.

I'ma see what the Lucid chip's made of. If the MSI Big Bang takes off and is a success i think the classified section might become pretty vacant.

I been eagerly awaiting the release of the 5870 and 5850.. not for myself to purchase, but for all the [H] elitist who would sell off thier gt200's and 4000 AMD cards. I would gladly upgrade from my 9800gtx+ to a GTX 260 or 4770 for $100 but not seeing many cards for sale in the classifieds section. I thought everyone would be in a rush to get the latest card.

I have no reason to get a 5870. Sure it is a powerful card but my 275 handles everything fine at 2560x1600 maxed except for Crysis. Unfortunately it is still not quite playable at that res even with the 5870. Hopefully Nvidia's new card changes that.

I'm waiting on the GeForce Fermi GTX Ultra GX2 Hyperfighting FU OC2 Curse of the Black Pearl Edition.

4870 512mb
waited since december, and now I have a 5850 in mail.
Just enjoy new generation cards.

5800 series just make more sense for what I use the computer for.

GT485 or whatever they'll call it & I7 860 (or wait for the 22nm Ivy Bridge).

Waiting for the XFX 5850 to come back in stock at Newegg. Either that or the XFX 5870, might just grab that, even if it might require some modification to my cas.

I am waiting to get paid on the 9th so I can order a 5870 and I7 920 and mobo :)

Except that the GTX260 (even the 216) would be a poor upgrade for a 9800GTX+, and a 4770 would actually be a downgrade.

Don't believe me? Check the small performance increase here (ASUS ENGTS250 DK = 9800GTX+ rebadged, compare to Sparkle GTX260 core 216). When Nvidia cranked-up the clocks to compete with the 4850, they invariably closed the gap with the GTX260 too.

The fact is, you'll need to spend around $200 to get a GOOD upgrade for your 9800GTX+ (275 or 4890), but if you act quickly you can still get $100 for your old card.

Waiting for some AAA titles that pushes the GPU, Dragon Age, and a bigger LCD

I have a 8800GT in one system, and a 4850 in another system. Not going to bother replacing EITHER of em until a game comes out that I want to play, but wont run well on either.

Yeah this too. A few of the titles I was looking forward to were pushed back though. Alpha Protocol :(

Yeah, good point. 90% of the games I was interested in this year have been pushed back to 2Q '10. There's no compelling reason to spend money on hardware until then.

Back