• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What Headset do you guys use?

D3rk

n00b
Joined
Nov 22, 2005
Messages
31
What Headset do you guys use for PC games? Also, what headset do you wish you had?
 
Currently a pair of sennheiser pc150
Great headsets for about $35.00

Upgrading to some Audio Technica A500 headphones..
Just waiting for Audiocubes to ship it :(

Better off to get a nice pair of headphones and buy one of those cheap clipon mics.
 
I'm using an EDimensional Audio FX. It's got a great boom mic, the audio quality is fantastic, the headphones actually rumble/shake when hit with bass and the bass is boom-bastic. :D The volume/rumble control is on the cord and they're fairly comfortable.

I WISH I had the most expensive pair headphones available. Whatever they may be. :D
 
I'm using the one I got in my Limited Edition Guild Wars box. They're the lowest of the low from Logitech, but they haven't crapped out me yet!
 
some creative ones with a mic.....do better headsets make much of a different?
 
I use Grado SR-80's with Creative's Audio Console (it helps so much in 3D sound).

-J.
 
Sennheiser PC135

Kills your ears after wearing for a while, but the sound quality is great. Not bad for about $60.
 
A pair of Beyer DT880s with a bendable boom mic clipped onto the headband. It's sounderific.
I take the DT234Pros to LANs, though, they don't really need an amp all that much as the 880s.
 
i would love to use my motorola h500 bluetooth headset for gaming, but i have not found any that support it. it works great in skype, but not for games :(
 
Sennheiser PC160.

They're like Plantronic Audio.90/HS1s, only with better audio quality and an amazing ability not to always break after about a month of use. Did I mention the not breaking part?

Not to mention they are comfortable (although I've worn them enough that I need to superglue the "headpad" thing back where it belongs.. it's starting to dangle on one side.)
 
audio-technica A500, looking to get A900 AND hd595. The A900 going for games,595 for music
 
Plantronics Gamecom1 (non USB)

Pretty nice headset... very comfy and sounds perfect.. not the most fancy headset, but my needs were more for comfort than audiophile clarity.. I skype with my aux machine, so the game sounds are not going through them anyways.. I got mine at CompUSA for $39.99 but you can get them from plantronics' site for $29.99.
 
logitech headset w/ mic 20.00 bucks at wal-mart and is clear like a whistle...se no point in spend an ass load of money of one.
 
yup. they sound better than most Monitor or smaller size high end speakers but just like those they need a subwoofer to be truly full-range.

BUT they have more bass and impact than any headset under 1000 bucks for sure.

BF2 sounds great even if you have them off your head and laying on the desk...
 
yeah they are way overkill for games but music is amazing on them.

they also are on hinges which allow them to swing out giving a wider soundstage and thus more of a stereo speaker feel.
 
Gainward 5.1 headphones and a sun microphone for voicechat. I recommend getting your hands on a sun mic if you can, it rox!
 
Medusa Speedlink. Easily the best gaming headset on the market. Costs less than the Senn PC series and sounds 5x better.
 
I use Grado RS1.

They are the best ones you can get for that kind of money.
 
Guys I needed a new set and I went with the one they recomended earlier. the Plantronics Gamecom1. BTW best price I found them was 16.99 with 5 dollar shpping, 1.81 in taxes a total of 23.80, from CompUSA. Just thought to let everyone know.
 
spaceman said:
yup. they sound better than most Monitor or smaller size high end speakers but just like those they need a subwoofer to be truly full-range.

BUT they have more bass and impact than any headset under 1000 bucks for sure.

BF2 sounds great even if you have them off your head and laying on the desk...

do us a favour...pick up a cheapy set of headsets and compare plz :p
 
Steelsound 5H.

I love them,

  • built in mic boom that retracts into the ear piece.
  • collapsable
  • great sound quality
  • long wires for both mic and audio. but they have a break bout 3' from the set that oyu can use for up close use and not have 10' of wire running all over the place

I loveum, best $100 i could spend on them
 
spaceman said:
http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-application/our-10-best-headphones/akg-k-1000.php

and a zalman mic. does ok I guess.

jk it's like hanging some nice speakers on your head!

reqires an amp too but I paid "only" around 1k for everything which is considered a good deal.

best budget headset is the senn pc150

wow.. those remind me of the Sennheiser Orpheus electro-static headphones... I had a chance to listen to them at an audiophile stereo shop a while back... an indulgery audio experience. whew...

Anyways, nice headphones you got there. :)
 
spaceman said:
yeah they are way overkill for games but music is amazing on them.

they also are on hinges which allow them to swing out giving a wider soundstage and thus more of a stereo speaker feel.

what do you have powering them?
 
Opie said:
Medusa Speedlink. Easily the best gaming headset on the market. Costs less than the Senn PC series and sounds 5x better.
Agreed, I have them and they are simply lovely, when I got them I was like OMFG at the case it came in, then opened it up, AMP, 2 Headsets and connectors up the wazoo to adapt to just about any situation, and it was lined with velvet and tied with red ribbon :eek: :eek:

Putting them on was a dream they are big but have velvet around the ear, and you can't argue with the fact its got 4 speakers for each ear, which makes positional audio a dream. But getting them state side can kind of be a bitch. I ordered mine from a dealer in the UK.
 
I've had the Medusas they are ok for games but like every other 5.1 headset they suck with anything else. I have also had senns pc150 and 160 which are ok headphones for everything really.

My setup is handmade basically by a friend of mine Doobooloo. He made the amp which is a PPA 1 w/ SERIOUS modifications like diamond buffers to handle the high gain and variable bass boost. He is also currently making a power supply for it which cleans up the sound even more and improves the bass. THe headphones actually have a military grade silver cable which replaced the stock wire. I should get some pics up b/c the wire is a bright glowing white and I look fucking silly wearing them but who cares?

The RS-1 is a great headphone for some things but I don't like Grado's in general for all the standard reasons. A modified K1000, properly supported, are the best headphones short of the Big O or Qualia IMO.
 
Oh, and don't get the planetronics if you can get the senn pc150. the senns sound much better.

Icemats are the best, most comfy 5.1s out there now that Medusa has started using cheaper materials.
 
Back
Top