What Headset do you guys use?

spaceman said:
I've had the Medusas they are ok for games but like every other 5.1 headset they suck with anything else. I have also had senns pc150 and 160 which are ok headphones for everything really.

My setup is handmade basically by a friend of mine Doobooloo. He made the amp which is a PPA 1 w/ SERIOUS modifications like diamond buffers to handle the high gain and variable bass boost. He is also currently making a power supply for it which cleans up the sound even more and improves the bass. THe headphones actually have a military grade silver cable which replaced the stock wire. I should get some pics up b/c the wire is a bright glowing white and I look fucking silly wearing them but who cares?

The RS-1 is a great headphone for some things but I don't like Grado's in general for all the standard reasons. A modified K1000, properly supported, are the best headphones short of the Big O or Qualia IMO.

id like to hear that..

im thinking about getting a wooaudio3 for my 580s
 
i had a question about USB headsets (also i read u can choose wut audio device u want ur program to use if u have a usb headset)

i hear it has it's own sound card or whatever, would i be able to use my x-fi sound card tho? does it give an option to choose

also, wut would u choose ... dsp500 or pc165 (i have personal experience with sennheiser so i'm basically in love with them)

or would you say go with the HD515? and get a cheap mic - are actual headphones better for gaming? being able to tell where ppl r n all that

(i did read that the HD485 r better than the HD515, and if i do get the HD515 i should just go with the HD555)

and yes, COMFORT is very important :) i will not sacrifice any comfort for a good headset - and hmm, wut do u think about Sony MDR-SA1000?
 
I just got some kinyo 5.1 headset, it is actually the best one I've owned, as my other 5.1 setups are junked now as they broke, so I'll buy another one if I need one.
 
I use a logitech USB set, great sound (although can get uncomfortable after awhile especially when your wearing glasses)

With a USB set you can output sound from the game to your existing soundcard and speakers and just send the sound from your teamspeak (or whatever) app to your headset.
you can do this from the Sound tab in control panel.
 
Sennheisser PC-160, i love it.
but it hurts my ears after a while
 
Flow said:
Sennheisser PC-160, i love it.
but it hurts my ears after a while
i've got the PC150 right now

i was thinking of getting the PC165 but the'yre so overpriced and i hear they're not that great

might as well get a real headphone
 
USB 5.1 headsets are to be avoided due to them needing their own software to work and ffs the software is CRAP.

There is no comparison to the K1000 as they are unique aka headSPEAKERS. I think it would be better to compare their sound to small audiophile speakers like maybe um Rainmakers? no hold on the Mani-2 or Mite models seen here
http://www.americansound.com/Totem.htm

The senns do get uncomfortable after a while but as a headset they are the best but if you want good, comfy sound with decent bass and no amp get the ATH-900
 
spaceman ur driving me crazyeeeeeeee here....compare your headsets with some shitty ones...plz
 
how much is the ATH-900?

and i looked for it, u can't buy it at newegg or zipzoomfly :(
 
Plantronics Audio 90. Nothing wrong with good ol' headphones that can take a beating, feel comfortable, and sounds good enough with my Creative's X-Fi's simulated surround sound. A good gaming headset until you can be pimp and drop some serious cash on top-of-the-line stuff. I think everyone I know games with these.
 
I'm using an aiwa hp-x311 headset with the mic that came with my k6-2 333 pc I bought 8 years ago.

The headset is collapseable and self adjusting, and it's super comfy. Dunno if they still make it, but I think I paid $40 back in the day and I haven't heard a $40 headset sound as good as these yet :/

You should go with the most comfortable headset for you that puts out good sound, and just buy a mic separate.
 
Either of these or a pair of Etymotic ER-4Ps. Personally I find the Senn's better for sound positioning.

p30900537wp.jpg
 
Back
Top