What Everyone Is Too Polite to Say About Steve Jobs

except it doesn't say he personally invented any of those. only that his name is one of the names on the patents. A lot of people/companies own patents for things they didn't invent. Maybe he had some input on the design of something. example: he certainly did not invent the CRT which is listed there.

to expand:

Prev1 of 9Next
Cathode ray tube display and stand
Monitor with design elements similar to those found in the Studio Display from about 2000.
Description: The ornamental design for a cathode ray tube display and stand, as shown and described.
Inventors: Steven P. Jobs, Bartley K. Andre, Daniel J. Coster, Daniele De Iuliis, Richard P. Howarth, Jonathan P. Ive, Douglas B. Satzger, Calvin Q. Seid, Christopher J. Stringer

so he had input on the shape of the crt housing and stand but there were many more people involved.

Sorry man that reads like an attack piece and its not even succesful at that.. Oh no Jobs yelled at people that screw up? Most bosses do that. Job fired people on the spot for screwing up? Again - very common.. Jobs employed chinese labor? Almost all companies do that..

It's one thing to say Jobs isn't perfect - but ya know what Einstein wasn't - nor was Rockfeller. People that get remembered as great are really quite often very imperfect. Not that it matters much to them when they are dead..

Some advice...if you still have Apple stock, sell it now. Every time Jobs left Apple, the company went to shit and I don't think he will work out a deal to come back this time around. :)

Amen, broth'a...;)

If he tried other means or alternative therapy after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, then I don't blame him. The mortality rate is astronomical and the doctor probably told him the usual line after this diagnosis... that its inoperable and that he has so many months to live.

Jobs reportedly underwent a "whipple" surgical procedure, which is a medical description named after the doctor who pioneered the procedure, when they remove part of the stomach, the intestines, and of course the pancreas--in the hopes of getting all of the cancer. If the prognosis is good, almost all pancreatic cancer patients are "whippled."

If it's true that initially jobs rebuffed standard western medicine in the hopes for a dietary cure, then the idea is that Jobs wasted precious months on a quack cure when first diagnosed with the disease, while meanwhile his cancer was growing and spreading. Generally speaking with pancreatic cancer, though, by the time a person develops the symptoms that lead to diagnosis of the disease, it is already too late. So, what therapies Jobs may have chosen are largely irrelevant to the outcome.

In terms of his personality and how he treated people... Who cares. Seriously, either way, he influenced the world. Most ridiculously successful business men are megalomaniacs and ruthless. Go down the line... Astor, Rockefeller, Carnegie, Ford, etc. All complete assholes but changed the world. So appreciate him for what he did, not who he was.

I am not aware that Steve Jobs did *anything* of note by himself, except to steal the spotlight from the people he worked with who did do something of note. It may be true that lots of asshole bosses down through the years have done that, too, but I fail to see that trait as being in any way exemplary.

Rather, if you look down through history, it is the historical figures who were not assholes who had by far the largest effect on history. By contrast, the changes brought about by the assholes have been fleeting, and destructive, at best.

Thats funny considering this is a thread about Steve Jobs who routinely sacrificed character for money.

My point was that the better part of character is for us not to spend an eight-page thread insulting someone, and instead, observing what we didn't like about them, to go out and do one better. I think it made perfect sense in light of my earlier posts; I was talking about our character, not SJ's.

M4/M16's don't shoot depleted uranium bullets...mostly because they use NATO approved rounds in the millitary instead.

That and the guy firing the gun, doesn't want to breath in the dust from that thing being fired.

Now an A-10, that thing fires DU shells, amongst other types of ammo.

My point was that the better part of character is for us not to spend an eight-page thread insulting someone, and instead, observing what we didn't like about them, to go out and do one better. I think it made perfect sense in light of my earlier posts; I was talking about our character, not SJ's.

Your point is irrelevant. The guy was a douchebag in life and you think because he is dead we should all take the moral high ground and only talk about the good things he did.

Its naive and childish thinking. When bad people day people talk about the bad things they did. When Hitler died you didnt see people saying "Now lets focus on the medical and technological advancements we got as a result of what he did instead of the bad things". Yeah its a poor example but the point still remains.

Its naive and childish thinking. When bad people day people talk about the bad things they did. When Hitler died you didnt see people saying "Now lets focus on the medical and technological advancements we got as a result of what he did instead of the bad things". Yeah its a poor example but the point still remains.

Naive and childish thinking is thinking Jobs was some evil being and bringing up Hitler anywhere on the same webpage as him. He was a businessman. He was successful at it, and kids with rose colored glasses somehow think that Jobs is the worst the world has to offer.

Jobs is a fucking saint compared to the real evil going on in the world today, and I suggest some of you so butthurt over how bad Jobs was might be better served trying to affect change elsewhere.

Your point is irrelevant. The guy was a douchebag in life and you think because he is dead we should all take the moral high ground and only talk about the good things he did.

Godwin Law fulfilled.

Not sure what the big deal is, the guy is keeping it real.

Yes, Jobs was a visionary and an excellent CEO in terms of increasing stock value for Apple shareholders, but he was also kind of a dick.

this so many times over.

I think if you are going to look at someone as a pioneer or whatever else they want to call someone post mortem, you need to have the full picture. In this day and age you can remember both good and bad to bring a full person and their deeds, or misdeeds into perspective...then learn and move on.

Didn't know when famous people died everyone has to IMMEDIATELY bring up all of that person's negatives, all the rotten stuff they did when alive or good stuff they should have done.

Yes, I'm sure that he'll be real offended seeing as he is dead and all. As for the family, I'm sure they'll be fine with 3-4 somewhat negative articles to the dozens ready to beatify him already.

Steve Jobs headed a company with sufficient pull (and certainly sufficient profit margins) to actually bring jobs back to the United States or to change the software industry for the better. Instead, arguments about his impact on DRM-free music aside he made things more proprietary, less interoperable, did nothing to reign in Foxconn's abuses, and gave squat back from the company or himself despite enjoying hardware margins (hardware only) of approx. 40%.

On the balance he was evil, because he did nothing to better the world despite having huge potential to do so. Quite the opposite in fact: he made it worse.

Godwin Law fulfilled.

Besides sticking up for your precious apple what the fuck are you doing on the [H]?

Is there anyone left here that dont know you as the resident Apple super fanboy?

You're worse than Heatlessun and his fucking tablet FFS. God i cant stand fanboys...

Besides sticking up for your precious apple what the fuck are you doing on the [H]?

Is there anyone left here that dont know you as the resident Apple super fanboy?

You're worse than Heatlessun and his fucking tablet FFS. God i cant stand fanboys...

Glad you like cherry-picking posts to suit your replies. If you look at all my replies today I've maybe made one - maybe two posts about Apple today out of maybe 20 or 30 posts.

Dude, you compared Jobs with Hitler. I mean, ok, so Jobs was a dick. I never disputed that. But to compare him to Hitler?

Perhaps YOU are among the worse Apple-hate poster I've seen on this forum. But you stay classy, Disposed.

Fuck.

I hope they didn't cremate him or anything yet. I want to eat the corpse and gain his powers.

But to compare him to Hitler?

Now I am not trying to say he was a mass murderer who condemned an entire race...but actually the comparison between Hitler and Jobs isn't that far off. They were both men who could bring a cult following behind them. They were both charismatic but yet strict and both blamed/given credit for things they really didn't do. I mean Jobs didn't created everything Apple personally and Hitler didn't personally pull the trigger on every Jew or other nationality that was killed in WWII. I mean Hitler was even Man of the Year, and I bet Jobs will be soon.

It would be easier to compare him to L Ron Hubbard, then. Hitler had a whole mess of issues that Jobs did not.

Now I am not trying to say he was a mass murderer who condemned an entire race...but actually the comparison between Hitler and Jobs isn't that far off.

Are you guys kidding me with this bullshit? The only comparison that is close is that post and insanity. He made fucking phones and mp3 players that a bunch of nerds cry about because the mass market can actualy use them, and employed people in China, along with 90% or more of American businesses. Boohoo, he's Hitler and Osama bin Laden because he yelled at some of his employees, oh the horror! :rolleyes:

Grab that tenuous hold of reality you have left (hopefully) and hold on for dear life, hopefully you can reel it back in.

Glad you like cherry-picking posts to suit your replies. If you look at all my replies today I've maybe made one - maybe two posts about Apple today out of maybe 20 or 30 posts.

Dude, you compared Jobs with Hitler. I mean, ok, so Jobs was a dick. I never disputed that. But to compare him to Hitler?

Perhaps YOU are among the worse Apple-hate poster I've seen on this forum. But you stay classy, Disposed.

Fuck.

The Apple philosophy and [H] mindset are polar opposites... This place is a breeding ground for Apple hate. Trying to come here and defend Apple is like going to the GOP national convention and convincing people to vote for Obama.

I would rather be a free thinking Apple hater than another one of the sheep swinging from Jobs testicles.

If Jobs had his way we would all be using $3k computers and it would be illegal to modify them in any way. You just try and change a damn thing and the Apple swat team would be kicking in your door.

How could you not expect contention on a forum like this. If you want to bathe in the glow that was Steve Jobs and bask in his glory go to one of the dozens of forums that are dedicated to just that.

As it stands i dont care if he is dead or not it dont change what he was and what he did.

Are you guys kidding me with this bullshit? The only comparison that is close is that post and insanity. He made fucking phones and mp3 players that a bunch of nerds cry about because the mass market can actualy use them, and employed people in China, along with 90% or more of American businesses. Boohoo, he's Hitler and Osama bin Laden because he yelled at some of his employees, oh the horror! :rolleyes:

Grab that tenuous hold of reality you have left (hopefully) and hold on for dear life, hopefully you can reel it back in.

He was a god damn bully with a cult following. He wanted everything nice and locked down and ONLY the way he wanted. He was anti competitive and used shady underhanded tactics to be successful. So he may not have killed anyone and like i said it was a poor comparison but besides the mass murder and serious mental illnesses Hitler had when you get right down to it they where very similar.

I owned 5 Apple products in my life, that's what before Internet and the first time I see Jobs in an interview, after I never purchase an Apple products, so far for the charismatic; when I see his face it’s remind me the bad guys in James Bond movies who want rules the world. ( sorry for my poor English)

He was a god damn bully with a cult following. He wanted everything nice and locked down and ONLY the way he wanted. He was anti competitive and used shady underhanded tactics to be successful. So he may not have killed anyone and like i said it was a poor comparison but besides the mass murder and serious mental illnesses Hitler had when you get right down to it they where very similar.

lol

Jobs was neither Hitler nor Einstein, going to either extreme is ludicrous. On the level, he probably did more good outside the computer industry than within it, but overall he was just very good for Apple's profits. Here's hoping that fulfilled him...

besides the mass murder and serious mental illnesses Hitler had when you get right down to it they where very similar.
In other words, if you ignore all the things that make them different, they're pretty much the same. I suppose that makes sense in some way.

When you get right down to it, Steve Jobs was a man who died. He may not have respawned 3 days later, but when you get down to it, he may as well have been Jesus Christ, Alpha and Omega himself.

When you get right down to it, Steve Jobs was a man who died. He may not have respawned 3 days later, but when you get down to it, he may as well have been Jesus Christ, Alpha and Omega himself.
Did he die for our sins or from pancreatic cancer? Who really knows?

I don't mean monetarily cheap. I mean character cheap.

Nancy Grace makes a ton of money on television doing exactly what you're talking about, crucifying people in the court of public opinion. I guess that's what matters to her in life.

Personally, I see her misconduct as a former prosecuting attorney, her all-too-willingness to spew vitriol at people not yet convicted and who have later been exonerated, and I see her character as cheap, no matter what her income is.

I'd rather have less money, and more character. But that's just me --and like everyone else, I fail in my ambitions as well.

You are absolutely right. I was going off on a transient...what he did meant nothing to me so I should not criticize now that his doings are irrelevant. Oh, and my wife loves that bitch...and I can't even stomach to watch her show on tv.

Well I can see where you and Hitler share similarities. You both lack any logical semblance of a coherent sane person.

Well I can see where you and Hitler share similarities. You both lack any logical semblance of a coherent sane person.

That was a good one. Did you use your iPhone insult app to come up with it? Lord knows you lack the intelligence to manage thinking for yourself.

iSheep, what will they do with their messiah dead?

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" Having received a satisfactory answer, he continued, "So why the fuck doesn't it do that?"

I can't dislike anyone who said that. lol

That was a good one. Did you use your iPhone insult app to come up with it? Lord knows you lack the intelligence to manage thinking for yourself.

iSheep, what will they do with their messiah dead?

Cheer up, cap'n.

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" Having received a satisfactory answer, he continued, "So why the fuck doesn't it do that?"

I can't dislike anyone who said that. lol

This is hilarious IMO, gained a lot of respect for the Lord and Savior:

"Can anyone tell me what MobileMe is supposed to do?" he reportedly offered. Someone in the room ventured a response, reportedly one that made an awful lot of sense.

"So why the f*** doesn't it do that?" retorted Jobs.

Oh, and apparently that wasn't all.

"You've tarnished Apple's reputation," Jobs apparently declared. "You should hate each other for having let each other down."

Back