What custom ROM do you use?

schoenda

Gawd
So far I am new to root and I have started with Cyanogen 6.0 from FRG22D build of FROYO on an Android 1. I am very pleased but curious about other ROMS...what's your experience?

Bugless Beast I used for a long time but Pete has been pretty MIA and other ROMs are far surpassing him. I used CM6 RC1 for a bit and then moved to Simply Stunning 4.6. On SS 4.7 now and Chevy is due to release 4.8 in a few weeks (he's on vacation right now). Can't find a reason to try CM6 final or any other ROMs at the moment. Although I hear good things about Sapphire from cvps and the guys over at ccroms.net

will try CM6 once 4G is supported, don't care about sense, but running Virus ROM on my EVO 4G, wifi tether FtW

CM6 final on a N1. Been using it for a week now.

Been eying some of the HTC sense ROMs debating on trying one of em sooner or later.

I'm running the latest energy ROM on my HD2. It's pretty slick for the most part. I also have froyo running on it also but it's not as silky as I would like it to be so I don't run it often.

Was using a Sense rom on my n1 until I decided the nice sense apps weren't worth the bloat. Currently using a CM6 based rom.

CM6 final with Snap 7.6 kernel on my EVO 4G. If 4G comes in my area before it is implemented into CM6 I'll probably switch back to a Fresh ROM.

Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 made by flipzmode... with Amon_RA Recovery

Another Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 user. All though I am a flashaholic and I will switch between ROMs a few times a week just to make sure I am not missing anything. In the end, I always return to Fresh though.

On Bionix 1.2 on my Galaxy S, includes a 1.2GHz kernel and lagfix. Speedy as hell :D

Moto Droid using Bugless Beast v0.4 with ChevyNo1 ulow 1.0ghz kernel.

With light use yesterday my average temp was maybe 70F and after 15hrs or so I was at 80% battery.

stock t-mobile rom on hd2 supposidly a good one for teh android if you choose to go that route. I just happen to like the phone as it is though

I'm running Sapphire 1.1.0 on my Droid with 928Droid Black Glass theme. Looks awesome. Sapphire is built from source and there's versions for other phones as well: HTC Incredible (Ruby), and HTC Evo 4G (Emerald). Blazingly fast with the 1000MHz LV kernel. http://wiki.ccroms.net/

Last edited:
This chevyno1 ultra-low volts kernel is amazing. With light usage/mostly standby my battery was still 90-100% after about 15 hours.

Amazing.

Just flashed Bionix v1.3 onto my Vibrant, now running Voodoo beta4 lagfix and JACs 1.2GHz OCv4 kernel. This shit is flyyyyying, outbenches everything running Android 2.1 :D Can't wait until Froyo/Cyanogen...

This chevyno1 ultra-low volts kernel is amazing. With light usage/mostly standby my battery was still 90-100% after about 15 hours.

Amazing.

i used to swear by chevy's kernels but P3's latest batch of froyo kernels gave me better results on both speed and battery life.

i used to swear by chevy's kernels but P3's latest batch of froyo kernels gave me better results on both speed and battery life.

Everything varies from phone to phone, but I've considered trying his just for kicks. But it's working well right now so unlikely to change soon.

Just added ChevyNo1 kernel (800mhz, medium voltage) to my CG6 on Droid 1...I know it is a conservative kernel but I feel it ....I haven't done any benchmarking but I do feel it...snappier. Quite an easy joy to install to with Rom Manager pay version...definitely worth it.

Everything varies from phone to phone, but I've considered trying his just for kicks. But it's working well right now so unlikely to change soon.

yeah i know... as a developer i will see this alot. i can run the exact same nandroid backup on 5 different phones so there all identical phone/rom/kernel/apps/..ETC and every one will give me varied results.

I just grabbed the Chevy SS 4.8 no theme with his new 1Ghz LV kernel. Seems somewhat faster in general than the 4.7 no theme. The first .zip had some force close issues (downloaded last night), but he fixed them today, and the new version works great.

I've tried CM6, UD 8, and Bugless Beast 0.4, but I end up back with the Chevy SS (no theme). I get a quadrant score of 1250 or so with 1Ghz and the new kernel. I figure that's good enough for now.

NFX-Hero 2.2.1 with ZenKernel 8122010.

loads at 710mhz by default. 245 with the screen off.

a full senseui rom for the htc hero. I had been using the CM6 for hero. but I've been getting a lot of lag that I can not track down. even on a fresh wipe and load. guessing my phone just doesnt like cm6 or one of the kernels at the moment. so for now NFX is my daily.

Back