What are you nerds playing this weekend?

I'm still totally sucked into Terraria, so that's likely all I will be playing again this weekend. :D

I hate to say it, but I've been playing CS GO lately with friends in Competitive and Casual modes..... Something I hated (compared to Source) since day 1 purchase when it came out 5 years ago.

I've noticed the massive ads for in game purchase that was not present back then, like $6.99 for music kits, $2 for weapon skins and $10 for weapon crates, worse than Activision charging COD players for DLC packs. No wonder Gabe Newell isn't interested in making HL3/EP3 anytime soon, feeding off suckers with buying skins and whatnot.

Just got a 7 day pass for WOW.
Logged on last night to visit my old toon and played for an hour. By the end of which my hip, shoulder and knees were so sore I couldn't stand it.
Gotta build up those old WOW muscles. :)

Going through the batman games before I get the new one. Just got Arkham Asylum, downloaded DS4windows to use my PS4 controller to play. Definitely not a game I'd want to play with keyboard and mouse... Definitely a rare occasion. Glad I got it to work though, check it out if you have a PS4. Basically just makes your PC think it's an Xbox pad. Rumble and everything still works.

So I'm gonna play through those, probably over the next couple months. Also playing GTA online doing heists and shit. Trying to go for criminal mastermind, completing all heists with the same 4 people without dying once.... Gets you 10 million. Pretty hard!

Been playing AOE 2... the classic with some friends. Really good, gets me butt hurt quickly.

Finished Assassin's Creed Unity last weekend and started in on the Master Chief Collection. The Master Chief playlist strings Halo 1-4 together as if it were one single game. Almost finished with Halo 2. Hope to be finished with 3 by the end of the weekend.

Been playing mostly Assassin's Creed Rogue. On the last sequence with about 3 missions left.
Also been playing Witcher 3 on PC and PS4.
Spent some time in The Crew.
Also finished Wolfenstein The Old Blood a couple of weeks back.
Did maybe 3-5 missions in Hitman Absolution. Finally getting around to playing it and just Rambo-ed my way through the missions. Unlike other stealth games, this game doesn't completely break down when doing non-stealth gameplay.
Spent some time in Farcry 4 benchmarking and liberating outposts.
Finally, did some remaining side quests in GTA V.

This is past 2 weekends so don't freak out lol.

In Honor of my much anticipated game to come: Horizon: Zero Dawn I started up an old save of Tomb Raider. I forgot how much fun this game can be. Been playing the later levels and really rusty about controls, weapon handling... maybe I should have started a new game. But no real trouble, started doing a lot of fast travel backtracking and exploring, finding content I missed the first time through. Great action game! love the bow and shotgun and rifle. Navigating the environment is fun too, cliff climbing, rope sliding, jumping, opening secret passages. Then there is the occasional bad guy or two I left alive that needs taking out.

Logged into Destiny just to grab a G-Horn. Mostly have been playing Splatoon and trying to finish up Bayonetta 2.

Divinity Original Sin logged 70+ hours nowhere near endgame even though I have 10 Star and Bloodstones.

I might play some Metro Last Light I like the game much better then Metro 2033.

Going through the batman games before I get the new one. Just got Arkham Asylum, downloaded DS4windows to use my PS4 controller to play. Definitely not a game I'd want to play with keyboard and mouse... Definitely a rare occasion. Glad I got it to work though, check it out if you have a PS4. Basically just makes your PC think it's an Xbox pad. Rumble and everything still works.

So I'm gonna play through those, probably over the next couple months. Also playing GTA online doing heists and shit. Trying to go for criminal mastermind, completing all heists with the same 4 people without dying once.... Gets you 10 million. Pretty hard!

I can't stand playing the Arkham games with a controller. It's slow and feels about like turning using only the arrow keys on the keyboard. It's slow and imprecise. It does work well enough for the Batmobile although I do fine with the keyboard and mouse. I've never understood why people are if the opinion that controllers are better for this type of game. To me , third person games aren't much different than FPS games as far as input devices go. Batman doesn't require precision shooting, but the mouse and keyboard are still faster and more precise.

Started getting into Elite: Dangerous over the weekend. After plenty of key mapping, and trial/error, I seem to have a grasp on the basics now. I was a lot better at docking than I thought I would be after reading some peoples' accounts of their first attempts. Still not great at it, but not too bad. I've explored a few close by systems, but need to start taking on some missions. Need some new gear.

I can't stand playing the Arkham games with a controller. It's slow and feels about like turning using only the arrow keys on the keyboard. It's slow and imprecise. It does work well enough for the Batmobile although I do fine with the keyboard and mouse. I've never understood why people are if the opinion that controllers are better for this type of game. To me , third person games aren't much different than FPS games as far as input devices go. Batman doesn't require precision shooting, but the mouse and keyboard are still faster and more precise.

Interesting.... I find that extremely odd. I prefer keyboard and mouse for 90% of games, 3rd person included... But when it comes to a fighting game like batman or a racing game I'll use a controller. Mouse and keyboard are more precise for moving but with batman the fighting aspect changes things. I looked at some of the key binds in the options for the keyboard with Arkham city and couldn't imagine playing it that way. It just flows so well with the PS4 controller, doing all the combos and gadget hotkeys looked like they would be much more annoying using a keyboard and mouse.

I just beat Arkham city, playing the challenges until the copy of Arkham knight I ordered off newegg for PS4 arrives. Can't wait.... Looking forward to the increased map size

Last edited:
Back