What are you nerds playing this weekend?

Well, after two weeks of no gaming, I've got the worst itch to start something.

Just been focusing on other things these past two weeks, which have been great, but momma puts kiddo to bed around 730, I do my mile on the elliptical for 15m, shower for 5m, and have some time to kill until I head up- I can only do so much Sudoku.

Just been scrolling Steam for the past 30m.

Well, loaded up Fallout 4. Apparently being on a 144hz monitor somewhat breaks the game?

Windowed mode, I get 15fps.

Full screen, 200fps. But I zip around the map and the physics are all wrong. I've got to change something in an .ini file. But, it somewhat only works for 120hz. For 144 I have to change my desktop setting.

Annnnnnnnd uninstalled.

This weekend was Diablo 4 and Super Mario Wonder.

I just don't understand. Nintendo has seemingly lost the ability to add any decent music to their games. But I look at reviews and people love the music. I guess I'm way out of touch between what I like in terms of game music and what modern audiences like.

Well, loaded up Fallout 4. Apparently being on a 144hz monitor somewhat breaks the game?

Windowed mode, I get 15fps.

Full screen, 200fps. But I zip around the map and the physics are all wrong. I've got to change something in an .ini file. But, it somewhat only works for 120hz. For 144 I have to change my desktop setting.

Annnnnnnnd uninstalled.
You need to lock it at 60hz (or something like that), physics are tied to framerate. Your monitor can stay at 144, but the game has to be locked.

You need to lock it at 60hz (or something like that), physics are tied to framerate. Your monitor can stay at 144, but the game has to be locked.
I dicked around with it for an hour and I just got tired of it.

Since I put together my latest iteration of potato PC ( WX4100 in a SFF optiplex ) I played a few missions of GTA 5 which it runs perfectly. I tried SOMA which I really wanted to play but it only runs in OpenGL and something isn’t right. It can’t maintain 40 fps and frame times are horrendous. Id have to lock it at 30fps.

Weekend was Spider Man 2 and Forza Motorsport. Stopped Forza due to progress loss bug which doesn't save progress randomly.

Reinstalled MonsterHunterWorld.

Apparently I have 30h into it.

All I remember is having cats make meals for me, and making a female character in a short skirt named Midnight Ride wielding a giant hammer.

This weekend was Diablo 4 and Super Mario Wonder.

I just don't understand. Nintendo has seemingly lost the ability to add any decent music to their games. But I look at reviews and people love the music. I guess I'm way out of touch between what I like in terms of game music and what modern audiences like.
Nintendo gets a pass always for everything they do it seems.

Still playing through Jedi Survivor, but might distract myself with some Alan Wake 2...if it isn't broken at launch.

1698258375351.png

Still in a gaming lull.

Played Doom 2016 for a little bit. Didn't stick.

I'll dub around in Grim Dawn I guess. Need something casual I can play while listening to some music or video before bed.

I've been playing CP2077 over again. Haven't made it to the Phantom Liberty Expansion. Just going through and intentionally not progressing story and clearing gigs and getting upgrades.

On iPad, I'm looking forward to testing RE: Village.

Covetous Dungeon.jpg

Started playing Ultima Online again free version saving up for a complete Spellbook costs like 30,000 + a Bonus of 10 Magery when equiped. I'm missing like 4 spells from the 8th circle and the players vendors are always sold out with my current Spellbook. I finally hit 70+ Magery can do Energy Bolts pretty good now.

Finally finished F3ar, I'm done with the FEAR games.
I actually liked 3, gameplay wise it's a mix of 1 and 2, but it felt rushed and clearly made for consoles.

The first one and the expansions are the best, 2 and 3 are worth playing, but the first one is a high bar to reach.

Now I'm thinking of playing Unravel, play a nice slow game.

MW3 MP
Maybe get back in Forza
Might even try and progress in Alan Wake 2 even though I don’t like it
Also trying to finish another mediocre game Robocop

Last edited:
Reactions: t1k
like this
MW3 MP
Maybe get back in Forza
Might even try and progress in Alan Wake 2 even though I don’t like it
I vote the last option, because it's what I'm doing. At least I learned that hate-playing the game is more enjoyable than expecting anything of substance out of it. But I've just been observing the game's multitude of glitches and strange NPC behavior and even recording clips.

It's one of the jankiest and silliest games in recent memory so at the very least it has to be appreciated for that. My brother and I literally burst out laughing at the song that plays at the end of Chapter 1. It's like a B-movie game.

Reactions: t1k
like this
Talos Principle was one of the best games I ever played. The sequel ($30) was just released and I really like it so far.

That being said, I hope it gets harder. I'm on the 4th section (25% of game) and the puzzles are easy. A few made me really think yes, but by and large I breeze thru.

Difficulty is much less than road to ghenna and most of the community maps, at least so far.

Edit: other games, I play halo infinite like a fiend though. Super fiesta and tactical Slayer 24/7

Edit: other games, I play halo infinite like a fiend though. Super fiesta and tactical Slayer 24/7

I saw a Halo Infinite MP update vid by The Act Man just the other day....

Apparently, with Season 5, things have really come together huh?

- Shoot me a PM if you wanna "buddy up" for some Halo man. I'm down to give it another whirl fo sho!

Finally finished F3ar, I'm done with the FEAR games.
I actually liked 3, gameplay wise it's a mix of 1 and 2, but it felt rushed and clearly made for consoles.

The first one and the expansions are the best, 2 and 3 are worth playing, but the first one is a high bar to reach.

Now I'm thinking of playing Unravel, play a nice slow game.

Trepang 2

Risen Trailer I've loaded up War of Rights last night after about 6 months and found they added a limited (hope they change their mind) Zombie maps. You have to last 20 waves to get the achievement. If you try I just plan to have a handful of hours available to play. I spent 6 hours last night in two games and didn't get the achievement. I joined tonight in a game at wave 16 and we made it. This is a slow paced FPS not the typical run around with your head cut off. I'm having a blast. Going back now to play again. :)

View attachment 610657

Started playing Ultima Online again free version saving up for a complete Spellbook costs like 30,000 + a Bonus of 10 Magery when equiped. I'm missing like 4 spells from the 8th circle and the players vendors are always sold out with my current Spellbook. I finally hit 70+ Magery can do Energy Bolts pretty good now.
must resist.... source of evil....

(good times... many many good times)

I saw a Halo Infinite MP update vid by The Act Man just the other day....

Apparently, with Season 5, things have really come together huh?

- Shoot me a PM if you wanna "buddy up" for some Halo man. I'm down to give it another whirl fo sho!
I'm balls deep into Talos Principle 2. I 'll let you know when im done

- Dragon's Dogma Arisen. Was intending to play this game for 5 years but never get around to it. Major mistake on my part because the game is fantastic. It feels like an amalgamation of Dark Souls, Gothic, and KOTOR. The combat is some of the best I've experienced for an action-RPG. See myself sinking serious playtime into this.
- Alan Wake 2. My experience playing this game started off as a way to punish my little brother. Previously I punished him by making him play Mafia: Definitive Edition, which was very punishing indeed. The first 3-4 hours of this game were quite punishing (and really funny). After reaching the Alan Wake character and making it a couple hours further, we're starting to have some fun with it. It's becoming less "enjoyably bad" and more enjoyable. Though, I anticipate that it might become a slog again. We'll see!
- Stronghold: Definitive Edition. Was intending to replay the original Stronghold campaign, and this release completely surprised me. SImply having a fantastic, medieval gaming experience. It's certainly more of a casual RTS experience, but it brings me back to my childhood.
- Robocop. Taking my time with this one. Putting an hour in here and there and slowly progressing through the game. I don't want the game to turn into a chore so I'm playing this more at a more relaxed pace.

Bought Remnant II from CDKeys.com earlier in the week (was a good bit cheaper than Steam even during the sales) and will be playing some co-op with a friend.

Back