What are you nerds playing this weekend?

So I have no clue where my CD's for Descent II and Decent 3 ended up over the years, so snagging the games on either Epic or Steam (whoever is cheaper), then copying them to the Retro PC. Managed to find the Descent II Voodoo patch on an internet archive site, so plan to play these games on the retro PC soon! :) Luckly I still had my Descent I disk and played through that already with it's Voodoo patch.

I reinstalled Hearts of Iron 2, from back when Paradox wouldn't try to sell you a score of DLCs for a game.

Checks Steam:
Hearts of Iron 2 Complete - 0
Hearts of Iron 3 - 18
Hearts of Iron 4 - 17
Stellaris - 29 (!)
Europa Universalis IV - 37 (!)

God of War all weekend. Finally beat the last Valkyrie and received the Steam achievement.

Currently working on getting the towers lit. Found out how to get to it this morning.

On Father's Day me and my boy who's now 14, played Borderlands 2 co-op most of the day. We used to play this together all the time when he was like 9 and 10 until he discovered Fortnite, started making friends on it and stopped playing with me lol.... Of course he thinks it's lame but I love it and it brings back a lot of good memories.

Finished Crysis Remastered Trilogy, and Warhead too.
What a clusterfuck. I can not believe how broken these games were vs. the OG's.

Crysis and Crysis 2 played the best out of the 4, which isn't saying much. I hate that they got rid of manual saving and fucked up the nano suit menu when you are crouched. The sound was way worse than the OG version as well. HDR didn't look to bad till the sun rose, then everything became washed out. RT had to be disabled to even play it or it would CTD every 5 min.

Crysis Warhead would crash as soon as I entered a map. Had to put it in windows 7 compatibility mode and turn off AA, then I could play it pretty well until I would save or reload a save, then it would CTD.

Crysis 2 would CTD if RT was set any higher than "High" and had to have Windows 8 compatibility mode enabled just to have it play longer than an hour. After those fixes it ran great except 2 missions not allowing you to advance to the next level (caused by rebinding some keys to the # pad) since Crytec included the same bugs from the OG. Like FO4, I had to do some console commands to get past it.

Crysis 3 was like 2 that RT had to be set at high or lower and Windows 8 compatibility mode had to be enabled.

The AI in the games was different too, as in parts where I would die in the OG versions, were much easier in the Remastered versions and vice versa as in I would die in areas that I've never died in before. I would say that Veteran difficulty was a lot easier than it use to be.

I'm thankful for the Steam forums for the "fixes" for these games (except the console commands to unlock the console and map name to advance) or I would of just said fuck it and moved on. I had a much better time with the OG versions (disc) vs. the Remastered ones.

Now I'm going to quit my Steam back log for now and tackle some of my GOG back log, starting with Alpha Protocol.

I finished DREDGE last night. What a unique, fun little game. I wish it was much longer. I quit ELDEN RING near the end because I didn't want it to end. Now that Shadow of the Erdtree has been released I guess it's time to finish it.

Back